What beer are you drinking Summer 2015?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Great Lakes Sharpshooter Session Wheat Ale. Going down real good after several hours working on my wall on this hot Sunny day. I just love everything GLB does. I believe I can say that they are my favorite Brewery.

Pilsner Urquell, Dogfishhead 60 minute IPA or Flat Tire half cycle IPA. Those are in the fridge right now.

Just mowed the lawn and cleaned the pool so the Dos Equis Amber is quenching my thirst. Old Rasputin Imperial Stout with supper tonight.

Craft Beer Week finished this past weekend and I'm still recovering. A beer and junk food pairing to start, Goose Island BCS Vanilla Rye on tap, Seriously Sour Thursday (GI Madam Rose, so tasty) and a Firkin Fest to close it on Saturday. 13 casks on top of the bar, oh yeah...

Lagunitas Equinox American Pale Ale on tap last night . . . smooth and nicely balanced . . . creamy, hoppy, fruity and totally hides the 8% ABV.

Fuller's ESB, not my style though. Much prefer their porter and london pride.

Had some Black Xantus Stout while sitting with the kids out buy the pool earlier today. I find this one of the few beer (stouts) that I enjoy.

Despite having waited for years for the return of Cracked Wheat from New Glarus, I delayed once it finally came back under another name since I had so many damned cellared bottles to get through. So I am having another 3 philosophers from 2011 and wishing I had been less assertive about building up a beer bunker. (A lot of it was stockpiled before I got seriously into bourbon.)

Steam Whistle Pilsner tonight. Brought some back from Canada last week. I don't think it's available in the States, hope that changes soon.

It's got a fair amount of the Czech Pilsner profile, which I happen to love. I was fortunate enough to travel to Slovakia some years ago and was blown away by the pilsners there. Steam Whistle sure brings back some memories! Hope y'all get to try some.

Cheers!

Bell's Amber Ale and burgers.[ATTACH=CONFIG]21366[/ATTACH]

With Playboy tomatoes? :D

I ain't done a damn thing all day. Feeling only slightly guilty, but washing those feelings away with a Sierra Nevada/Boulevard Terra Incognita Batch 3. This is one yummy beer. At nearly 10%, I was thinking it might be too much on this hot afternoon, but it's proving very drinkable.

I was in my favorite fruit market earlier today, the already have Oktoberfest beer on sale. It's not even mid-August. I didn't bite.

With Playboy tomatoes? :D

I ain't done a damn thing all day. Feeling only slightly guilit might be too much on this hot afternoon, but it's proving very drinkable.

Ha! I thought it looked like a tomato crab claw.

I was in my favorite fruit market earlier today, the already have Oktoberfest beer on sale. It's not even mid-August. I didn't bite.

Right next to the pumpkin beers? :banghead:

Finally tracked down the elusive Ballantine IPA during a quick trip to upstate New York the last four days. They've done a great job of re-creating the original after decades of non-production, as it tasted quite as I remembered it. Better still, I visited a brewpub and it was the one guest beer on tap which was even better than the bottled stuff that I brought home. Now, if I could only get it here in Chicago I would be all set. Brings back loads of memories of my father who has been gone for many years.

Sour day at work so some sour beers to de-stress. Started with a Crooked Stave Wild Sage (really nice, grassy aroma and taste without going overboard) followed by a New Belgium Eric's Ale.

Tried a McChouffe this evening. Belgian strong dark ale at 8%, alongside a feta cheese sandwich. Good stuff.

Sam Adams Boston Ale. I think this is my favorite Sam Adams, then again, I really enjoy their Octoberfest offering. What are some other relatively widely available Märzen/Oktoberfest style beers that you guys enjoy? The season is fast approaching.

Sam Adams Boston Ale. I think this is my favorite Sam Adams, then again, I really enjoy their Octoberfest offering. What are some other relatively widely available Märzen/Oktoberfest style beers that you guys enjoy? The season is fast approaching.

I was just at Costco yesterday and saw that they had stacks of Spaten Ur Marzen Oktoberfest and Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest as well for $22.99. They are both excellent and much more faithful representations of traditional Oktoberfest-style beers than those typically produced by American breweries. Having said that, I really enjoy the Sam Adams Oktoberfest as well which tends to be much maltier with a fuller body. What I usually do every year is buy one case each of those German beers and split them with a friend so that I have a 12 pack of each. Cheers!

Gonna have to try both of those, Hofbrau is very good as well if you don't want an overly malty Oktoberfest.

I was just at Costco yesterday and saw that they had stacks of Spaten Ur Marzen Oktoberfest and Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest as well for $22.99. They are both excellent and much more faithful representations of traditional Oktoberfest-style beers than those typically produced by American breweries. Having said that, I really enjoy the Sam Adams Oktoberfest as well which tends to be much maltier with a fuller body. What I usually do every year is buy one case each of those German beers and split them with a friend so that I have a 12 pack of each. Cheers!

I like the German Oktoberfest offerings as well. Also, Sierra Nevada brought back its Oktoberfest this year. I had a bottle and it was very good.

Gonna have to try both of those, Hofbrau is very good as well if you don't want an overly malty Oktoberfest.

Yes indeed. That is an excellent one!

I like the German Oktoberfest offerings as well. Also, Sierra Nevada brought back its Oktoberfest this year. I had a bottle and it was very good.

Forgot about the Sierra Nevada. Will have to keep an eye out for it.

I'm just about to finish off a 22 oz bottle of Perrin's No Rules. This is a bourbon barrel aged imperial porter with a 15% abv with turbinado sugar, Vietnamese cinnamon and coconut added. One sip and this beer entered my top five beers ever. Unfortunately, this will only be sold at their brewery and some limited distribution in Michigan.

Keep an eye on Perrin's. They were already an up and comer. But their owner recently sold Perrin's to Oskar Blues. I expect Oskar Blues will rapidly expand Perrin's distribution.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!