What beer are you drinking Summer 2015?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Having a Black Xantus, while cooking the kids and Enchiladas. I really like this stout, lots of coffee and chocolate.

post-9285-14489822692918_thumb.jpg

Having a Black Xantus, while cooking the kids and Enchiladas. I really like this stout, lots of coffee and chocolate.

Wouldn't it just be easier to whip up some guacamole to go with those enchiladas? ;)

Enjoyed a Stone Go To IPA and Ballast Point Grunion today. Really enjoyed each. Haven't had Sculpin in a bit so hard for me to compare with Grunion. Can't wait for some of the fall seasonals to come out. Already have had a bottle of Southern Tier Harvest and Pumking? Really looking forward to Sierra Nevada's Northern Hemisphere? Thoughts?

Drinking a Saugatuck Neapolitan Stout to finish off the weekend. I'll never figure out how they get all three of those flavors in there.

Gonna have to try both of those, Hofbrau is very good as well if you don't want an overly malty Oktoberfest.
Yes indeed. That is an excellent one!

Had it yesterday. It was very good! Thanks for the recommendations.

Last night tried a jumbo can of Genesee Cream Ale . . . a nice break from a steady diet of heavier craft beers . . . not bad, will buy again.

Genesee Cream Ale is one of those under appreciated brands that I didn't appreciate when it was available and do now when it's not.

Had a New Holland Michigan Awesome Hatter IPA. Not a bad beer with a cool concept. Just doesn't stand out flavor - wise though.

Last night at the KC Royals game (Craft & Draft) . . . Boulevard Brewing - The Calling DIPA and Mother's Brewing - 3 Blind Mice Brown Ale. Great beers, great game!

Sierra Nevada Stout with some BBQ pulled pork (that was cooked with Guinness). Good combo!

I picked up a 6 pack of 'Not your father's root beer' and had one last night. It is very good and taste just like good root beer but with the added alcohol and slight beer after taste. I can't say anything negative about this brew, but I think it will be a one time purchase.

Had some Lost Abbey Agave Maria last night. Interesting beer but needs some time to calm the alcohol down.

Having an O'Dell Myrcenary with some BBQ right now. Wonderous.

I picked up a 6 pack of 'Not your father's root beer' and had one last night. It is very good and taste just like good root beer but with the added alcohol and slight beer after taste. I can't say anything negative about this brew, but I think it will be a one time purchase.

My wife brought this home this week for the first time, and I just had a sip. I rolled my eyes at it and usually scoff at gimmicky stuff like this. But I also do love root beer, and this does taste mighty like it, just with the different aftertaste you described. And at 5.9%, who am I to argue. (I still won't buy it, but I also won't stop the wife from doing so...)

While sitting out on the front patio this morning enjoying my coffee, the hummingbirds gave me a not-to subtle hint that they needed a feeder in the front, as well as the back yard. Little f@?$€£s could put an eye out with that dive bombing shit. So relaxing with a Creature Comfort Brewing Tropicalia IPA after buying a new feeder and pole, getting it set up and filled.

While sitting out on the front patio this morning enjoying my coffee, the hummingbirds gave me a not-to subtle hint that they needed a feeder in the front, as well as the back yard. Little f@?$€Â£s could put an eye out with that dive bombing shit. ....

When I am out to water a few plants with the garden hose a few of the lil guys come over for a drink. As long as I stay still they are not afraid, they just hover by the stream of water and drink as they please.

Went out to run some errands this afternoon and realized that the Cards game was close to starting. Rather than risk being caught in the (not so) heavy traffic, stopped over at my usual spot. Went old school to start with some Greisedieck Brothers (old St. Louis brewery that's back in a small way) then went to a decidedly non-summer but absolutely wonderous Fuller's London Pride porter. There are very few porters that come close to this one.

Last night I had a Bell's Sparkling Ale bottled in November of 2009. A classic Belgian tripel that I've cellared.

Yesterday afternoon I was at Arbor Brewing and had a 20th Anniversary Barleywine hoppy and malty all in one.

SA Octoberfest!!! I wait all year for this and stock up. Got my first Costco case of 2015 and as with every year it rewarded the wait. This is my favorite absolute beer and time of year. On to Thursday and the return of football. Life is good!!

Edited by kcgumbohead

SA Octoberfest!!! I wait all year for this and stock up. Got my first Costco case of 2015 and as with every year it rewarded the wait. This is my favorite absolute beer and time of year. On to Thursday and the return of football. Life is good!!

Yes Yes, it is definitely time for Oktoberfest beers. I have been putting down mini kegs of Hofbrau like they are water. 5L for $20, I'll do that all day long. The problem is that they have to be drank within 24 hours of opening. It's a tough life...

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!