What beer are you drinking Summer 2015?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yes Yes, it is definitely time for Oktoberfest beers. I have been putting down mini kegs of Hofbrau like they are water. 5L for $20, I'll do that all day long. The problem is that they have to be drank within 24 hours of opening. It's a tough life...

Just killed one myself last night. Great beer, great deal!

Ha! I was going to post the very same thing, Kev! Right down to the Costco 28 Pack! I got into mine yesterday. Great beer, and indeed, a great time of year! I look forward go the Octoberfest beers, and especially the SA every year. The itch usually starts in late July, but always hold off til at least Sept 1. Today, I have more work on the wall to do, have a 6 lb butt on the smoker, and another off day tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll put a dent in it later! :D

:toast:

I noticed the extra four beers in the case too and couldn't leave Costco today without one. Bring on the football!

I bought a 12 of Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest a few days ago. They brew their Oktoberfest beer each year collaborating witha different German brewer. Thisyear they worked with Brauhaus Riegele. Has anybody had this yet or and of Brauhaus Riegele other offerings?

Had a buddy send me a couple 6 packs of Tropicalia and Athena from Creature Comforts. Awesome beers in the hot weather. The Athena has a great sour kick.

I bought a 12 of Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest a few days ago. They brew their Oktoberfest beer each year collaborating witha different German brewer. Thisyear they worked with Brauhaus Riegele. Has anybody had this yet or and of Brauhaus Riegele other offerings?

I've had the SN Oktoberfest. It's great. I'm ordering a 1/6 keg this week.

Haven't had anything from Brauhaus Riegele. I thought I heard that they do not export to the U.S.

I stopped by Bell's today and picked up 12 bottle of Expedition Stout and their 30th Anniversary Ale (it's actually an imperial stout). I had a bottle of each tonight while watching the Spartans squeak past Oregon. Both beers are quite similar in abv, mouthfeel and flavor. The big difference being the 30th doesn't have those slight fruit notes that Expedition has. Both are excellent are worthy of picking up if you get the chance.

Positively GORGEOUS day here, Down South. Bright sunshine, little breeze, and 72 degrees. A Weihenstephaner Festbier just going down splendidly. I'm not sure I'm reading this correctly, but the back label shows a time stamp of 12:35:53 right beneath the numbers 9215. Can that really mean this beer was bottled in Germany on Sept. 2, and I bought Just East of the Big Chicken, GA a mere 9 days later? If so, Dayum!

I have a honeydo list for today, that I'm going to have to fake a hammy pull in order to get out of, I can tell...:D

I live on the northwest side of Chicago, which has a very heavy Polish presence. There are a number of Polish delis and supermarkets, most of which sell single bottles of a variety of eastern European beers that are rarely found out in the rest of the world. Every once in a while I visit such stores and pick up a bottle of whatever they've got that I haven't had before, especially if it's called a porter---Baltic porter is my very favorite style of beer.

I've found a lot of really good beers this way, including a number of products from a brewery in Lithuania called Rinkuskiai. They seem to specialize in really big, chewy, malty beers. which is right in my wheelhouse. The first one I found from them was a "double bock" called Dragon Lady, which, while not a sublime example of the brewer's art, had a lot of the things I like in a beer. So I was intrigued by another product of theirs, a "triple bock" called Before-After, which has one of those optical illusion drawings on the label: right side up, it's a picture of an old crone, but if you turn it upside down it becomes a picture of a beautiful young woman. It's even chewier and maltier than the Dragon Lady, but I liked it. It comes in at 12% ABV.

So, last time I was at the store I saw what I believe is the biggest beer they make: a 15% ABV monster called Crazy Brewski. With this one, alas, I lost the lottery: I think it's actually TOO big . . . at least, it's not as balanced as their other beers I've had. So, I can't recommend Crazy Brewski, but, if you like big chewy malty lagers, Dragon Lady and Before-After may be right up your alley.

Drank a Hofbrauhaus Oktoberfest mini keg last night with a good friend. Also grilled up a 40oz T-bone and killed the remnants of a RR10yr. It was a good night.

Drank a Hofbrauhaus Oktoberfest mini keg last night with a good friend. Also grilled up a 40oz T-bone and killed the remnants of a RR10yr. It was a good night.

Sounds like a GREAT night!

Taking a couple of days off to play is oh-so anticipated, and enjoyed to the fullest. The return to the salt mine that is work is a total bitch, however. Today was no exception!! Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold Lager is first up to try and dull the pain.

Having a Shipyard Pumpkinhead... really enjoying it.

When people start posting pumpkin beers, I think it's time to change the title of this thread.

When people start posting pumpkin beers, I think it's time to change the title of this thread.

Why? The pumpkin beers have only been out for 3 months...:lol:

Why? The pumpkin beers have only been out for 3 months...:lol:

Haha yes they have. I refuse to have them until fall actually is official. Speaking of that... Having another Pumpkinseed with some cinnamon rolls as i type this!

Had my first Heady Topper last night thanks to very generous member.

A friend just delivered a few cans to me that he picked up on vacation in VT. This is a really great IPA. I highly recommend the experience to any hophead.

Goose Island Oktoberfest as I clean out the garage. With as much crap that is in this garage, I'll be lucky to finish by October...At least the beer fridge is out here. And besides beer, there's also a bottle of VOHH 6 yr BIB in it...So, I'm cool with it..:D

Goose Island Oktoberfest as I clean out the garage. With as much crap that is in this garage, I'll be lucky to finish by October...At least the beer fridge is out here. And besides beer, there's also a bottle of VOHH 6 yr BIB in it...So, I'm cool with it..:D

The garage is a huge item on my list once we get out of the 100's and into the low 80's. Shiner Bock is the beer of the day for me.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!