The absolute WORST bourbon I ever tasted was......

starhopper
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

40 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

or shoot me now VOB BIB "6".

Now you're violating one of the "Bourbon 10 Commandments" - anything that comes in a Weller bottle is automatically looked upon with reverence and is worshipped and adored. ;)

Now you're violating one of the "Bourbon 10 Commandments" - anything that comes in a Weller bottle is automatically looked upon with reverence and is worshipped and adored. [emoji6]

Yeah guess you're right. What about that bottle that seems to be an exclusive TW offering, which name I forgot?

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Yeah guess you're right. What about that bottle that seems to be an exclusive TW offering, which name I forgot?

2 Stars, which is 1 more than I would rate it wakka wakka wakka.  We have another Barton in a Weller bottle at a local chain here in NJ (Gary's) called Jeffer's Creek that is way more of a cause of confusion....

• 4 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 11:08 PM, Louisiana said:

This ain't Bourbon either, but HWMWND is the worst whiskey I've had to date. Never drank a port wine (which this rye was finished in a port barrel), but apparently I don't like it! This whiskey broke me of buying before I taste! Bought 5 bottles of Act 2.7 because of reviews and still have 4 left.

I had the same reaction - tasted like dill pickle juice aged in a wine barrel.  Fortunately, I only purchased a single bottle!

The only one that comes to mind in the last 5 years is actually Evan Williams Single Barrel. I ran to a liquor store on way to a friend's and wanted something affordable that I never tried.

Not sure what year it was or anything about it, but I didn't enjoy it one bit. So much so that as I was leaving I downed my big pour and actually gagged after I swallowed it. I haven't gagged from a whiskey since my JD chugging days in college. Never gave second thought to buying another even though the reviews are decent. I'll chalk it up to a bad terrible barrel, but sooo many others to try at that price.

My father in law buys only Hayes Parker, and he loves the stuff.  I guess it's only aged about 6 months using their TerrePURE method.  You actually do get a bit more of the oak flavor that way, but it still tastes like moonshine with some oak flavor to me.  I get the whiskey face for sure when I drink it!

• I like it 1

Almost hate to say it, but decided to crack open a bottle of 4RYL a few nights back and couldn't finish the glass.  Will give it a second chance, but so far the first one I found truly vile. Have tried a single barrel bottle before and found that quite nice.  Wasn't expecting the world from the YL, but thought it should be drinkable.

Henry McKenna 10 year bottled in bond.
(spread the word)
:lol:[emoji14][emoji3]

I see what you did there! [emoji23][emoji12][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, troyce said:

If some one else is

paying for it and  pouring it , it's never real bad. 

Damn, if I hadn't finally poured my Cody Road batch 1 down the drain, I could've changed your mind :D

• I like it 4

3 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Damn, if I hadn't finally poured my Cody Road batch 1 down the drain, I could've changed your mind :D

Somewhere here on SB, Vosgar once had these immortal words to say about that first batch of Cody Road, “Avoid it like the plague.”  He hit the nail squarely on the head. 

Biba! Joe

12 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Somewhere here on SB, Vosgar once had these immortal words to say about that first batch of Cody Road, “Avoid it like the plague.”  He hit the nail squarely on the head. 

Biba! Joe

One of the stores close to me - with relentless salesmen who have finally learned I say "No, thanks" a lot - offered a CR to me recently by saying, "You'll find this one unlike any other you've tried".  I passed.  BUT, it looks like the guy behind the counter was telling the truth, sort of.

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.