What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2016

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Started with a pour of Larceny while I smoked some hot wings tonight.

Moving on to the Flyers and Devils, having my first ever pour of W12.

Hope it meets my lofty expectations.  Then on to the Eagles and Giants.

Not sure what the third pour might be.  That's the fun of it!

First day off work and settling in for a long holiday break so I'm pulling out all the stops. Had a small pour from a freshly cracked PVW20yr and am following with some PH 24yr BIB. The night is still young and I see some WLW in my future.

Just now, flahute said:

The night is still young and I see some WLW in my future.

Now I know why I like you. :lol: Cheers to ya' Steve!

Joe

Started with a pour of Larceny while I smoked some hot wings tonight.
Moving on to the Flyers and Devils, having my first ever pour of W12.
Hope it meets my lofty expectations.  Then on to the Eagles and Giants.
Not sure what the third pour might be.  That's the fun of it!

Since I have Weller 12 on tap tonight for me as well, let me just say, keep in perspective that it is a $30 bourbon at heart. Try not to let the hype sway you one way or the other. I happen to love it, and did not pay an arm and a leg for my bottles. Anyway, cheers and enjoy. Damnit, the Eagles just scored a TD.

19 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Now I know why I like you. :lol: Cheers to ya' Steve!

Joe

Cheers back at ya' Joe! For some reason I always think of you when I pull out a wheater.

Got to tell you, I liked the W12 a lot more then the OWA.  The nose is like caramel corn.  It is very sweet and the finish is smooth.  

I did pay an arm and leg for it, but that first pour makes me feel like it was well worth it.  Going to have to milk that bottle.

Third pour tonight has to have some rye, so I am having a FRPS OESK now and enjoying a halftime lead, as precarious as it may be.

Celebrated Christmas night with the lovely Lady Ravensfire with some 2016 4RSmB Limited Edition. Got this bottle by surprise earlier in the week so the perfect present to open.

Merry Christmas to all!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On October 18, 2016 at 8:46 PM, smokinjoe said:

I went through a streak a few years back where the Ezra 90 "proof" was hitting all the right buttons for me, and particularly at the great price.  Since, it gas gone to Ezra Brooks "90", but without the "proof".  I don't know if there is a difference in the taste of the whisky  since the change (though, I suppose there is), but thinking it may be worth another try. 

Well, Whaddayaknow.  I noticed today in the store that the bottles show 90 "proof", now.  Different label altogether.   Cool....

Was going to take it home, but on this day I scratched my turkey itch instead, and went with the WT101 across the aisle.

But, tomorrow will come soon enough...:D

Edit to add:  PSA...While welcoming any comments regarding this, please note this is the Fall thread...

Edited by smokinjoe

On 12/22/2016 at 5:31 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I'm having a couple of pours of MMCS tonight. 

As a Weller fan, how do you like this? I've read mixed reviews but I should give this a try but never get around to getting a bottle.

• 1 month later...

Trying out a high proof vat.... equal parts of stagg jr, ECBP, bookers, and an OBSQ. 

I call it a Molotov Cocktail B)

Started the evening with the 2008 EWSB, which is really great.  First pour in a week, and I heard angels singing upon first sip.  Lighter...great bourbon to start the evening with.  

Following with an OWA 107 which I am trying to close out.  Tastes great as always -- this one only varies slightly for me.  ...A step up but tonight I might have profited by a longer rendezvous with the EWSB.

Last pour from an 80's Old Fitz 10yr 101

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, I'm jealous.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I have a little Buffalo Trace.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That's what I'm drinking this evening, as well.

22 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

That's what I'm drinking this evening, as well.

Cheers!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.