What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2016

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finishing off the last of a jar of home-made aged egg-nog (from 2015).  I know there is bourbon in it, but can't remember what it is now - but it counts!  C'mon in Fall - I've been waiting! :D 

It's fall already? Say it ain't so!

Back at the ranch, started with some Dickel 9YO before switching to OGD114. I like the OGD better. Even if it were not less than half the price.

Had a very "healthy" pour of Blanton's today for lunch at my local Capital Grille to finish off the bottle.  Absolutely, positively delicious with a "black & blue" sliced sirloin strip over a Caesar salad.  Yummmo!  Got the bottle, too.   :wub:

On an Orphan Barrel killing mission. Old Blowhard last night and Barterhouse tonight. They've been on my shelf too long. They need to go soon.

22236af088307b6d2523de783a49b515.jpg

Bit premature in the posting yesterday. We didn't open what I thought we would.

Can't say this is a bad choice!

B

Sent from my iPhone

Lost a brother on Tuesday out in CA.  

"Shooter" was his callsign.  Left a loving wife and 6 children behind.  

I opened a non-disclosed bottle, faced West, and gave him a final toast.

"Here's a toast to the host of those who love the vastness of the sky..."

Ec 12 - sweet nectar, medium bodied mouth feel, syrupy. Apricot, clove, oak, spice, cinnamon, pepper, this is complex. Highly enjoyable and quite a different animal after seven months open.

c216bf2f018b5406ca66b3aa1b609d97.jpg

Bought a bottle of FC103 6yr age stated earlier this week and am really enjoying this first pour.  I had tried it some time back and wasn't impressed, I must have changed...

Celebrating some good news at work tonight, so kicked off Friday with some HHSS #2 before enjoying some WLW 2014.  Ready for the weekend! :D 

Trying out a new cigar punch tonight on an Arturo Fuente Anejo Churchill with some GS OESV.

Wife went to bed early with the girls so it's daddy time on the patio.

Gassed after wheelbarrowing a cord of wood from the front driveway to the back rack.  Butt in the low chair in the garage, with the Braves on the radio, and a fat pour of Baker's in the glass.  

Somebody wake me later if you're coming home and the garage door is open...   :unsure:

I'm pretty sure that what's in the glass is the dregs of a 750 of Larceny.  I could be wrong, now, but I don't think so.  If, when I refill as the Nats play Pitt, I opt for a new pour instead of grabbing the OGD BIB in the trash can next to my chair, I'll double-check.

I have 3 sons (10, 7, 7). We decided to have a movie night. One of the 7s chose Empire Strikes Back and the 10 wanted to have our first fire of the fall in the fireplace. I started with rye but moved on to VOB with a splash of ginger ale on the couch. Life could be worse

3 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

I have 3 sons (10, 7, 7). We decided to have a movie night. One of the 7s chose Empire Strikes Back and the 10 wanted to have our first fire of the fall in the fireplace. I started with rye but moved on to VOB with a splash of ginger ale on the couch. Life could be worse

Dear BIB:

Bourbon and ginger, particularly if the bourbon is VOB, is classic.  Fire in the fireplace?  Our two cats are envious.  Life could be worse?  I dunno.  How could it be better?

Feels like August outside but I'll take it.  Started out with a OWA (plucked from a great batch in early summer) and finished up with a baby Stagg (if you can call 135 proof a baby).  Happy weekend all! 

4 hours ago, Three quarks said:

Sorry for the loss HF. As a fellow m aviator, I concur with the toast. "We will remember them and they will not be forgotten. To our fallen comrade!" 

Thanks TQ and all others...it's a very small community (just hitting pilot #1000 after 61 years), and it hits home every time we lose someone.  I'd like to think it's no small coincidence that the word "whisk(e)y" is derived from "Aqua vitae", or "water of life".

After we land, before our feet hit the tarmac, the ground crew (PSD) will always have a drink in your hand.  Most drivers have beer...I always made sure they had a bottle of bourbon to serve me from (at least when we were in a host country where that was allowed).   Water of life indeed.

Having an Abraham Bowman release 14 tonight: life is wonderful...enjoy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.