What Dram Are You Pouring Tonight? Fall/Winter 2016-2017

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

15 hours ago, musekatcher said:

The dregs of 2016 Booker's.  It was nice. 

Ummmm, this might be the wrong thread. Foreign ownership doesn't quite make Booker's a foreign whisky! At least not yet.

I am slowly finishing my bottle of Glen Rothes select reserve. I really enjoy it, and it makes a great change of pace from bourbon and rye

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

In a Scotch mood tonight. Had a small pour of Macallan 12 double cask...think I'll have a Balvenie Doublewood next, then finish off with something peated, but not sure what yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After rather a significant night of cocktail consumption on Tuesday I was taking it a bit easier last night with the newest private edition from Glanmorangie, Bacalta, with a chaser of Malmsey madeira on the side just for fun.

Bruichladdich Port Charlotte last night, helped keep us warm on a chilly Ohio evening.

Sipping on Aberlour 12 that K&L sent by mistake. It was supposed to be the Craigellachie 21 Cask Strength. We worked out a deal though, so it's a $26 bottle of Aberlour 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First pour of the fabled SB blend: 60% Weller Antique / 40% Weller 12. Pretty damn delicious and better than either one straight IMO.

I'm continuing my exploration of scotch with a pour of Monkey Shoulder.  The QPR on this is really good.  

Just now, kyrocklover said:

I'm continuing my exploration of scotch with a pour of Monkey Shoulder.  The QPR on this is really good.  

Indeed. A pretty darn good whisky in its own right and makes a reasonably affordable mixer for the occasional scotch based whiskey, especially if you want more body and flavor than the typical inexpensive blended whiskies often used.

Glenmorangie Signet.  Stuff is like candy.

IMG_2487.JPG

Indeed. A pretty darn good whisky in its own right and makes a reasonably affordable mixer for the occasional scotch based whiskey, especially if you want more body and flavor than the typical inexpensive blended whiskies often used.

Makes a great Rusty Nail!

Started with old reliable Glenlivet 12, then a pour of Aberlour Abunadh and now on to Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban. I'll probably finish with a Lagavulin or Laphroaig. It's definitely not a bourbon night tonight.

On a mission to rid myself of some bottles I'm not nuts about (but don't dislike enough to just dump), been hitting the Crown Royal Cask 16.  The nuance it lends to CR isn't enough for me to justify the price paid, but it isn't offending.  

Well, I was riding pretty high coming home from a great long weekend in Vegas with my wife. Great food, shows, and even won at the tables. I get home this afternoon to discover that my mother in law ripped out all of my herbs in the backyard and replaced them with "Mother's Day flowers." Right now my wife would prefer my fresh pesto over the damn flowers. She was pissed and I'm just floored. I can't believe it. I needed a strong combo so I'm gazing at where my herbs used to be with doing a Peat Monster cask strength and My Father Le Bijou combo

Apparently that CS PeatMonster is a killer. This guy just croaked on the rim.
431226dd3702eabc55b4cf9bcd5ac1fb.jpg

I haven't had a sip of scotch in like 3 months.  It's been all bourbons lately.  Just sayin 

Springbank 12 CS was perfect for maybe the last cool night for a while out on the deck last night.

Aberlour 12 as an aperitif

And Ardbeg 10 now for a digestif

Glenmorangie Bacalta before dinner. Tastes like a chocolate covered orange.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.