What bottle did you open today? Fall 2016

elmossle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 12/8/2016 at 5:50 PM, MelissaM said:

I just cracked open a much anticipated 1792 High Rye. Solid first impression. Pretty smooth with a little spice at the end.

Just picked this up recently and opened it this week.  I agree that it's another tasty 1792 variant.  You need to be someone who enjoys that "dank barton flavor" to appreciate this though, cuz it's definitely there!

To me it tasted like regular 1792 as it enters, but with a nice boost of rye spice at the finish.

On December 10, 2016 at 0:08 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I pulled a couple of bottles from my bunker this morning. They may not be opened today, but rest assured they'll be open soon for the holiday's.

Cheers! Joe

xmas.jpeg

I changed my mind. The Lot B is open, but instead of an 07 WLW, I decided to open an SBHHSS #1 instead. I figured it was about time 'cause I haven't had one in a while, and it's a damn fine bourbon. :P Absolutely perfect for the holidays. Besides, the Lot B I opened most certainly isn't one of the better ones I've ever had. :unsure:

Cheers! Joe

17 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I changed my mind. The Lot B is open, but instead of an 07 WLW, I decided to open an SBHHSS #1 instead. I figured it was about time 'cause I haven't had one in a while, and it's a damn fine bourbon. :P Absolutely perfect for the holidays. Besides, the Lot B I opened most certainly isn't one of the better ones I've ever had. :unsure:

Cheers! Joe

I bet the 07 WLW isn't! ????

Having a pour of FRsmble 2015.

Cheers! 

18 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

I bet the 07 WLW isn't! ????

Cheers! 

The 07 WLW is one of my absolute favorite bourbons Will. I consider myself extremely lucky to have been able to bunker a few bottles. 

The other night, I decided to have a pour of Stagg Jr. As it turns out, there was barely one decent pour left in the bottle. :unsure: I always like to try and have at least one or two barrel proof offerings open, so I decided to open a SBHHSS instead of the 07 WLW to replace my Stagg Jr. I still have an empty spot or two on my "open bottle" shelf. The 07 WLW is waiting in the wings, as is a MMCS:)  Who knows? One or both could possibly be opened soon. ;) Hey, it's the holidays. May as well end the year right. 

Cheers!  Joe

7 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Cracked open a Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream to get into the Christmas spirit.

Sounds like a great idea, think I'll join you!

12 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

The 07 WLW is one of my absolute favorite bourbons Will. I consider myself extremely lucky to have been able to bunker a few bottles. 

The other night, I decided to have a pour of Stagg Jr. As it turns out, there was barely one decent pour left in the bottle. :unsure: I always like to try and have at least one or two barrel proof offerings open, so I decided to open a SBHHSS instead of the 07 WLW to replace my Stagg Jr. I still have an empty spot or two on my "open bottle" shelf. The 07 WLW is waiting in the wings, as is a MMCS:)  Who knows? One or both could possibly be opened soon. ;) Hey, it's the holidays. May as well end the year right. 

Cheers!  Joe

Hey Joe, 

You were right to stock up back in the days, I am too late on the bourbon train, I was able to score 2 bottles 15' WLW. Drank one and kept the other. WLW is my all time favourite.

I think you're ready for some great holidays.

Enjoy ! 

ps : what's SBHHSS?

Opened a bottle of Dickel 9 year, wonderful taste, typical Dickel flavor.  Also opened a standard MM this week.  Must be in a mellow mood.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.