What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, flahute said:

Not sure if it's barrel variation or just where our respective palates are right now but the sweetness I get from my bottle is one of the reasons why I really like it.

I had it in the same sitting as some ORVW10 and could not decide which one was better.

Wow!  I wish I had that "problem."  I get a little sweetness but nothing like Weller Centennial as a comparison.   I wish I did.

Had some more FRSB last night at the club I was playing music at. I'm really liking that stuff. Gonna have to get a bottle. After the glass was empty there was such a vanilla scent to the glass.

Tonight so far it's been some EW Egg Nog.

The last pour of a Hancock's. Really hitting the sweet spot. Can't seem to find a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, beasled said:

Well it is Christmas... Merry Christmas all! Make it a good one. 

Screenshot_20161224-213211.png

Never seen that one before. Very Nice! Enjoy!

After going to Mass, and reading; I decided to celebrate this Solemnity with some Pappy 12 and Star Wars with the family. God is good!

Merry Christmas!

First bottle of this ever
Blantons.jpg

How do you like it?

I'm having a very large pour of Larceny courtesy of my heavy-handed dad. This stuff goes down a little too easily.

not a bourbon, but finally cracked open my gifted bottle of 7 year 99 proof OS rye that I've had for over a year. My friends know I loved the OS BP rye, and by then, all you could find was the 99 proofer, so my wife's friend gave me one of those. Gotta say, even at 99 proof, it's a good drink. I finished off a bottle of the barrel proof the other day (glad I still have 5 more!), and thought it a good time to try the 99 proofer.

happy xmas!

If you've ever seen a really big catfish pulled out of the water; you can imagine my toddler son at church. :blink: 

Well, he's asleep now.  His presents are set by the fireplace.

Dad getts to have some JTS Brown BIB.

Merry Christmas to all

I'm enjoying some RR Single Barrel (Bourbon, not Rye). Unfortunately my wife can sniff out anything from Wild Turkey from across the room, and she hates the "funk" as she calls it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, beasled said:

Well it is Christmas... Merry Christmas all! Make it a good one. 

Screenshot_20161224-213211.png

That's the spirit! Merry Christmas !

Cheers ! 

Will

Christmas Eve was all about the abbreviations... started with HWMWND 4.4, then SAOSSiB10yo. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone.

8 hours ago, Kpiz said:

How do you like it?

I'm having a very large pour of Larceny courtesy of my heavy-handed dad. This stuff goes down a little too easily.

I only tried a little bit so far. I have a cold and can not taste much lol

My desire to experiment has bubbled to the surface.  I went back to the RY SB 10.

This time I poured a small pour and let it sit for about 30 minutes.  I seemed to lose some of alcohol in the nose and gained a bit of sweetness.  In my previous comparisons to Weller Centennial, the Weller Centennial has been opened for many months while the RY only opened a few days.  The jury is out on this one.  Would I buy another, I think so.

10 hours ago, Dgriffin said:

First bottle of this ever

Blantons.jpg

Very nice. What did ya think of it?

Doing a little cooking before Amy's family get together this morning. Since I won't be driving,  some store select FRSB, 100 proof goodness. Peace on earth. 

I'm about to fill my flask with ER17 to take over to the relatives (my wife's side, who are beer and wine drinkers) for the annual Christmas Dinner/Celebration/Gift Exchange.    ...An all afternoon affair, so a few pours of something worth tipping over on Christmas is in order. 

I'm sure I will enjoy however much of it drain.   Cheers!

1 hour ago, MTNBourbon said:

Very nice. What did ya think of it?

From what I was able to actually taste ( I have a cold at the moment), it was very good. I got 3 bottles that were all new to me last night for Christmas and my birthday ( I was born on Christmas).

pics 2.jpg

36 minutes ago, Dgriffin said:

From what I was able to actually taste ( I have a cold at the moment), it was very good. I got 3 bottles that were all new to me last night for Christmas and my birthday ( I was born on Christmas).

pics 2.jpg

Three great pours there and good values to boot.  

VOB BIB . . . first bottle we've had . . . from a friend who recently traveled to TN/KY.  Like it . . . want more of it at $15 . . . cheers!

Saw two bottles of this yesterday for 64.99.  Was very tempted to buy both.  After tasting it, wow -- I wish I had!

oholynight.jpg

Edited by Steve L

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.