Which one will fall next?

dSculptor
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well, with AS bourbons becoming a thing of the past, they're aren't too many left out there, so which one do you think will fall next?

I believe HMK 10 will be the next in line, what do you think?

Winner gets to say I told you so.....

You are right, there aren't many left, but HMK 10 is a good guess.  

I'm guessing Baker's.  Beam has messed with everything else, Baker's has to be next.

No matter who wins this game, we all lose.

Edited by miller542

35 minutes ago, Saul_cooperstein said:

Age statement on ER10?

Store picks of OWA?

Age statement on ECBP?

Good point... seems moving the age statement to "fine print" on the back is just a precursor to elimination...  

2 hours ago, Saul_cooperstein said:

Age statement on ER10?

Store picks of OWA?

Age statement on ECBP?

I'm most concerned about the age statement on ER10. Of the "standard" Buffalo Trace offerings that are readily available, is this not the only one with an age statement remaining? I don't consider Weller 12 to be readily available. 

Hoping 4R stays the course and we don't see dramatic aging down of the barrel selects. 

27 minutes ago, fanostra said:

Hoping 4R stays the course and we don't see dramatic aging down of the barrel selects. 

It's already happened. You could fine 11,12, and occasionally a bit older than 12 year old barrel selects with regularity as recently as a year and a half ago. Now they are mostly in the 8-9 year range and I think some are even in the 7's. You also got to choose from all 10 recipes when picking a barrel. At the most recent pick I did back in November only 6 recipes where available.

Eagle Rare 17

Saz 18

PVW 15, 20, 23

VWFRR 13

j/k :P

HMcK10 and Baker's seem to be probable candidates.  

Beyond the loss of age statements, I wonder what brands or bottlings might be discontinued?

I wouldn't be surprised if we see sub-$30 Bottled-In-Bond bourbons being discontinued over the next few years.

Man, this is a depressing thread. I tend to agree on the ECBP with a new bottle design coming out it will be interesting to see if the age statement stands. Then again, that's why they did away with the AS on the SB

47 minutes ago, MelissaM said:

Man, this is a depressing thread. 

Nah, don't get depressed.  These are really good times in the bourbon world.  It's just that we are so accustomed to having our cake and eating it too with bourbon, some of us can only see the crumbs at this point.  Fact is, there is so, so, much more good stuff around, and that will continue.  

The Baker's McKenna and ER10 suggestions seem pretty obvious. I'll go another direction though and theorize that Willett will come out with NAS WFE bourbon & rye bottles, and all age stated WFEs will become gift shop only. They will price these new NAS offerings higher than their current non-WFE products like Noah's Mill, in the $70-80 range.

6 hours ago, Saul_cooperstein said:

Age statement on ER10?

Store picks of OWA?

Age statement on ECBP?

3 hours ago, fanostra said:

I'm most concerned about the age statement on ER10. Of the "standard" Buffalo Trace offerings that are readily available, is this not the only one with an age statement remaining? I don't consider Weller 12 to be readily available. 

1 hour ago, jackthedog said:

My guess was ER10 but HMK10 is a pretty good guess too. 

Sorry guys, but ER10 has already lost its age statement. :mellow:

Joe

31 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Joe

Am I missing something? The 10 year was removed from the neckband on the front, but I'm pretty sure it still says 10 year on the back of the bottle. In addition, as of two minutes ago the Buffalo Trace website still says aged for no less than 10 years. Is that not considered an age statement?

image.jpg

5 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

I hate to suggest; but I'd add HH 6yr BIB to the pretty likely list above.

Bite your tongue Rich!!....No, No, No....that would be heresy!! :(

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

ER10 lost its single barrel designation, although its still essentially single barrel in practice, but unless you've got some inside info on a forthcoming action, its still 10 year - both on back of bottle and website. Am I missing something?

6 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

I hate to suggest; but I'd add HH 6yr BIB to the pretty likely list above.

I certainly hope not!

Im betting ECBP loses its age next, which, to me, might not be a bad thing. EC12 was too woody/aged for me. Now, an 8 year BP HH might be pretty good to me.

I am incorrect. My bad. As has been pointed out, ER has lost its single barrel designation, not its age statement. Yet.

5 hours ago, jackthedog said:

My guess was ER10 but HMK10 is a pretty good guess too. 

Those 2 are my guesses.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.