Which one will fall next?

dSculptor
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

hmmmm. here in KY/IN, I think the only KT you can get anymore is the 80 proof. there was a BIB until a few years ago. I bought two; one to try, one to put on my shelf of dusties (that seems to get bigger each year as more things meet the ax). I really didnt enjoy it, so I dont miss leaving the other on the shelf unopened. I likened it to Barton, which I dont care for either.

Edited by Whiskey Dick

There was one store I'd try to stop at on my way to Chicago if and when I had the time. He had some of the Ten High KSBW, and also some dusty Ten High Ten Year Old. The Ten High Ten was actually pretty good. The last time I stopped there, I actually bought some of each, but I did so for a couple other members here. Like I said, it's been a while since I've been to that store. Odd thing about that place was, I'd stop there and he'd have some, then the next time he wouldn't. Next time he'd have some again, etc... I asked the owner about this and he said he kept finding stuff as he was trying to clean up and make his way through his basement store room. :huh: Go figure.

Cheers! Joe

This is a pretty cool story and logical explanation for random dusties. Should asked him to help clean out his basement storage.

After checking Sazerac's Great Bourbon website, it looks like Charter 101 is no more. Only OC 8 is listed. Does anyone see it around? The last one I found was in San Francisco and it was a store pick. Didn't know it was ever included in the private selection program. 

8 hours ago, mosugoji64 said:

After checking Sazerac's Great Bourbon website, it looks like Charter 101 is no more. Only OC 8 is listed. Does anyone see it around? The last one I found was in San Francisco and it was a store pick. Didn't know it was ever included in the private selection program. 

A store near me just got in two cases (24 per case) of the plastic 750ml "travelers" of charter 101.

Don't know when it was made or where it's been.  

I found some older glass bottles of it over the winter, but it's been cleared out of that store since then (i got 2).

It's a caramel bomb.

Pretty good stuff.

IMAG1815.jpg

6 hours ago, 0895 said:

A store near me just got in two cases (24 per case) of the plastic 750ml "travelers" of charter 101.

Don't know when it was made or where it's been.  

I found some older glass bottles of it over the winter, but it's been cleared out of that store since then (i got 2).

It's a caramel bomb.

Pretty good stuff.

IMAG1815.jpg

Dean's had it. That may be the one you are referring to that's cleared out. I like to mix it with SJR. SJR:C101 2:1

Trying to figure out; "SJR" from the above post?     Any clues, Clueby?      St. Julian Reisling?

9 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Trying to figure out; "SJR" from the above post?     Any clues, Clueby?      St. Julian Reisling?

Sorry..Stagg, Jr.

9 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Stagg Jr?

10 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

oooo.... St. Julian.

White Huron is a long time fav, when traveling through "the mitten"

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

Dean's had it. That may be the one you are referring to that's cleared out. I like to mix it with SJR. SJR:C101 2:1

Yes, that's where I found the glass.   It's long gone.

18 hours ago, mosugoji64 said:

I haven't seen one in maybe 2 or 3 years.  Several of the liquor store chains used to carry it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.