Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Killed my first Blanton’s SFTB. The bottle lasted me nearly a year and I think this bourbon is something special. Very complex and a punch in the mouth. I understand why people advocate that it should be the 6th BTAC bottle. I’ve got two more in the bunker but killing this one has me contemplating making an order to have some more shipped across the pond. 

22AE2BA5-9C64-4764-961E-63B2C4F126E9.jpeg

• I like it 2

Going to have to replace this one. 

King of the Mash Bill 2 offerings, for my money. 

F781B431-2AD1-48F5-AB6A-BA8B19C5E36E.jpeg

Going to save the bottle and use it for my first batch of Grandpa Weller four grain. 

Edited by Mako254
  • I like it 4

ECNAS PS. Been A pretty good bottle, but I probably won't renew the subscription :-)

Cheers

IMG_2056.JPG

It might be a while I rebuy as I need to clear some bunker space. As soon I do I'll getting another GTS JR for my favorite blend.

652fc303f7e0ab9f4e18f13210d5b79e.jpg

Finished this off while wrapping gifts tonight.  I don't have a replacement yet. My last bourbon purchase was followed by a text from the wife:

"Jesus Christ.  Stop buying liquor."

She gets a text notification whenever our credit card is used. In her defense, I bought a good 15-20 bottles over a two week period leading up to the above text.....several of which were a bit pricey. I was actually in another LS already when the text came through. Trying to decide if I should get a 3rd bottle of ER10. So, I guess I'm on a buying freeze for the time being.  Unless I find something I just can't pass up of course.  

IMG_0169.JPG

• I like it 1

Man down!!!

IMG_1495.thumb.JPG.22ca892d7ef0415be42c4e513aff21e2.JPG

Good thing I have (3) more in the bunker and plenty of LS's in my area with full shelves!

Cheers!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

Just gave a 4R yellow gift box to my mailman. Nice guy and he does a great job.

Are you saying you gave him a gift box with an empty 4R bottle in it?!?!  Dayum!  You must be the same house that gave Charlie Brown the rock at Halloween!  ;)

• I like it 1

32 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Are you saying you gave him a gift box with an empty 4R bottle in it?!?!  Dayum!  You must be the same house that gave Charlie Brown the rock at Halloween!  ;)

1 - empties are worth a lot on ebay

2 - federal employees are way overpaid.

:D

ps - he was very appreciative of the full bottle set I gave him.

pps - I love regifting. :P

5 minutes ago, DCFan said:

1 - empties are worth a lot on ebay

2 - federal employees are way overpaid.

:D

ps - he was very appreciative of the full bottle set I gave him.

pps - I love regifting. :P

Heehee!  

Last pour of my first bottle of Booker's. C03-I-17. I've had many others since buying this one but I kept it around. It was my first high proof bottle I bought after trying a pour in a bar. I always drank mostly JB and WSR and the occasional WR or KC100. Needed to make some room in the cabinet so finally finishing it off.  Need to finish off a 9YKC100 as well. First world problems!
20170114_123015-747x1328.thumb.jpg.0e985d3f7839c0e3148aeb76d196c2c0.jpg
Yum. I like this one a lot! Good choice.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Continuing to clear out near empties. This one too has more than a casual resemblance  to the better bottlings of ER17.

IMG_1435.thumb.JPG.c1a249c0027672aa48f32332e45a183b.JPG
I like CT. For some reason it's impossible to get in NC, like much of the Buffalo Trace line.no freaking idea why. Salute.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

We had some room in the recycle bin for a change, so I decided to donate these today. The OWA and HH6 have been empty for a while, and FWIW I decanted the contents of the ps handles of Weller SR and BT. The only thing I've actually emptied lately is a ps BT 750. I'm gonna hold on to that one though. There's a distinct possibility that I just might use it for one of my blends, or another decanting. ^_^

Biba! Joe

xmt.jpeg

This is tasting amazing tonight. I’ll seek out another once I get my stash dwindled down a bit.
D9194009-B91E-4E2E-86FC-EE99AEAC1A4D.thumb.jpeg.bf61d947451471569b7c86403c3540d1.jpeg

I have to much but I really need to get this.

6 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

This is tasting amazing tonight. I’ll seek out another once I get my stash dwindled down a bit.

Manageability, that's what I'm talking about.;)

Killed off a bourbon cream last night. Pulling another one out of the bunker and putting it in the fridge tonight.

Just had (3) pours of this to finish it off... I got an overwhelming taste of peanuts on this one and likely won't be buying another 1792 unless it's the full proof.

IMG_1511.thumb.JPG.633d0a2eb0096a7e886700d192297a59.JPG

Cheers!

Time to kickoff the holiday weekend in style. Too bad I need to get some of the latest batch of this. Maybe I can stop before Christmas and get more.a1a4515f91bf2a762bea3179b7cc32bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This went down tonight. Sometimes not too bad, other times... meh. Kinda on the fence if I'll grab another. Probably not, but ya never know. 

20171222_195747.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.