Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

30 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Mix it with root beer over ice...Best root beer float you'll ever have!

Since you're the man with the plan - what can I do with the EW and Peach? Mixing it in iced tea didn't really do anything for me. 

Since you're the man with the plan - what can I do with the EW and Peach? Mixing it in iced tea didn't really do anything for me. 

Throw it away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/3/2017 at 7:41 PM, Pthorpe84 said:

ed678bd1dbb57cba24f44bf84cdcf4b1.jpg

Gonna miss it...

Knew I wasn't the only SBer using a yeti tumbler for old fasioneds or casual porch sipping. 

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

Dammit, Fan!  I'm a plastic salesman, not a miracle worker!

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, BigRich said:

Throw it away?

Throw it away? When we weren't practicing for nuclear armageddon by hiding under our school desks we were hearing "think of all the starving kids in China!". It's ingrained into my psyche so throwing something away even if it tastes like cough syrup goes against my very essence. Surely someone has to have a concoction that I can use. And there is always hope that the mini of Burnett's Apple Berry Vodka that was attached to the EW bottle to further entice unsuspecting buyers will amount to something delightful. Or maybe not. :D

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Dammit, Fan!  I'm a plastic salesman, not a miracle worker!

Joe, you being a Braves fan and all I was hoping that you could come up with a miracle to rescue me from this wretched brew of a whiskey. :P

40 minutes ago, DCFan said:

Joe, you being a Braves fan and all I was hoping that you could come up with a miracle to rescue me from this wretched brew of a whiskey. :P

If I had any miracles as a Brave fan, don't you think I would have tried to use them in 91,92, 93, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05...?

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, DCFan said:

Cut up some fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, etc.) and pour some EW Peach over it.  Let it set all day and serve it over vanilla ice cream.  You can also spoon the fruit over pound cake and drizzle with a little sea salt & caramel chocolate sauce.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, DCFan said:

Mix with OJ for your wife... call it a “Hairy Navel”

• I like it 1

While we're saying goodbye to recent stinkers, let me say good riddance to the Jesse James 36 month whisky.  What an odd brand, and thoroughly forgettable whiskey.  Had to wash it away diluted in fizzy lifting drinks.  Put that one on your "hard no" list. 

• I like it 1

On 11/4/2017 at 7:27 PM, Charlutz said:

Like with most whiskies, reviews are good to narrow things down but you’ll never know until you try yourself. I’ve posted this multiple times but to me, standard Blanton’s is so elegant to the point of being boring. SFTB is completely different and I love it. I take a sip or two neat and it’s a complex punch in the mouth that starts to numb my tongue. I then add a bit of water to drop it a bit and it’s fantastic. Diff’rent strokes I suppose but I wouldn’t give up on it or any bourbon for that matter without trying it. 

Thanks for the input Charlie. I've always appreciated Blantons for what it is, even though I don't reach for it as often anymore. It was my introduction to "better" bourbon and I've built quite a horse stopper collection. ;)Nowadays I'm more of a BP drinker so I'm sure I'd pick one or two up if I came across it, but the allure of a BP Blantons has dulled a touch so I don't think I'd go to extremes to get one.

Best 10 dollars I ever spent. This was my first bottle ever too. Seriously, 6 years old and 10 dollars? They HAVE to be taking a loss on this. 

image.jpg

ea81b59cbeb5a32228bec89dd7d8f707.jpg
Glad I have several back ups. One of my favorites. I will say I’m getting a lot of the red hots taste I hear people use to describe this one today.

Trying to kill off some bottles to make room in anticipation of holiday purchases. This one was a good boy.

23432875_10104836196131150_879233362_o.jpg

My Uncle Joe brought the remnants of this over to the house for me to try quite a while back. I enjoyed a pour with him (found it quite tasty), and he graciously allowed the bottle to stay. Last night I put it to rest, safe in the knowledge I have another patiently waiting. Thanks go out to Fishnbowljoe, my "Bourbon Sherpa"! 

20171106_202755.jpg

• I like it 4

My Uncle Joe brought the remnants of this over to the house for me to try quite a while back. I enjoyed a pour with him (found it quite tasty), and he graciously allowed the bottle to stay. Last night I put it to rest, safe in the knowledge I have another patiently waiting. Thanks go out to Fishnbowljoe, my "Bourbon Sherpa"! 
20171106_202755.thumb.jpg.d82f7955c14e03bd977393761a6ee215.jpg

Your Uncle Joe is a kind and generous man!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

I had the smoker going this weekend with some boston butts and some ribs, which meant several hours of porch settin', and bourbon sippin'.  Knocked out what was left of a Wild Turkey 101.  

• I like it 2

On 11/5/2017 at 10:51 PM, Clueby said:

Polished off a RHF tonight. Might try to get the labels off and keep one around as a decanter.

Slowly peel off the label. Then spread Goo Gone over the residue. Rub on some dish soap and that stick residue just melts away when you rinse in water with a scrubber. Comes out sparkling! 

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
  • I like it 1

Another one bites the dust. Gone but not forgotten... This is one of my new favorite pours! Was delicious all the way to the last drop.

IMG_1370.thumb.JPG.433daac94d46c59d1d729540824c8f81.JPG

Cheers!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.