Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 7/5/2017 at 11:47 PM, flahute said:

It's a Kentucky institution.

https://ale8one.com

Ale-8-one is one of my two favorite ginger ales; that and Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale out of Birmingham, Alabama.  Those two go great with a splash or three of whiskey in them.

My only 1792 Port hit the bin this evening.  Wish I had a back-up because I absolutely love the mingle of this w/ 1792 FP.  Gotta make that last now :(  

Bottle of WTRB was good to the last drop tonight. It was a great way to kickoff the evening of this shitty day. Need to find a replacement quickly!

Finished this one tonight. A good barrel. IMHO 2006 was the last good consistent year for the EWSB line. 2007 and forward have been pretty lacking    

IMG_1508.JPG

Finished off a John J Bowman Single Barrel this evening. The first pour went into a very fine hot toddy thanks to the cold I'm currently rocking but the last couple were straight up and they were damn good too. 

Pretty decent barrel select of ER10. Look forward to trying a new bottle of ER10 BS I picked up yesterday.

ea956405d6ba2c9f6d401fb9b350da8d.jpg

Killed this a couple nights ago. I asked my wife to pick at random for me. She brought out to the pool and BANG....Vanilla bomb...knew exactly what it was. I likely won't be replacing this one. 99a10c0b30bd808946b5dcf3c7d1986c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

On 7/12/2017 at 10:23 PM, SouthsideRed said:

Ale-8-one is one of my two favorite ginger ales; that and Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale out of Birmingham, Alabama.  Those two go great with a splash or three of whiskey in them.

SSR, you like variety, then.  Totally different, IMO.  Ale-8 is a milder ginger, while Buffalo Rock is Blenheim-ish in that it'll smack you around a bit.  I like email both ad well, but I gots to have my helmet  on when I go BR...:D

This has become one of my favorite bourbons... Glad I've got another in the bunker!

WP_20170716_006.jpg

On 7/15/2017 at 6:19 PM, HoustonNit said:

Pretty decent barrel select of ER10. Look forward to trying a new bottle of ER10 BS I picked up yesterday.

ea956405d6ba2c9f6d401fb9b350da8d.jpg

Always enjoy me some Eagle Rare.

And love that Buona Vita coffee machine there - I've got the same and does me right when I want some drip!

Always enjoy me some Eagle Rare.
And love that Buona Vita coffee machine there - I've got the same and does me right when I want some drip!

I love the drip coffee from that bad boy. I have a Nespresso machine somewhere but really prefer the Buona Vita. Grind mine own beans, it's the Ferrari of drip coffee makers.

ER10 have been hit or miss. Pass couple regular bottles have been so so. This SB select was pretty good.

^Fitz you need some of that Ale-8 everyone is talking about.

They make Ale 8 One down the road from me.

Tonight, this Woodford Reserve Double Oaked has me going to the empty bottle support group.
The last Tony trickles went into my Solera.5ebf8f9b7bb03e2f87d5143c69150eb4.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

They make Ale 8 One down the road from me.

Tonight, this Woodford Reserve Double Oaked has me going to the empty bottle support group.
The last Tony trickles went into my Solera.5ebf8f9b7bb03e2f87d5143c69150eb4.jpg

Tony is allegedly autocorrect for tiny. Tony trickles sounds gross.

This week's casualties. I'm finishing the ER tonight. I'm trying to make some room to validate opening some bottles that I've recently acquired. 

IMG_4004.JPG

It's been a productive week or so. I made a commitment to concentrate on bottles with half or less fill levels.

The victims: 4R PS OESV, WT101, Michter's Barrel Strength Rye, Pikesville 6yr, ETL, WTRB, OGD114, and a HH6yr BIB

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:31 PM, Swamp55 said:

Thanks for the input, NDN98.  I've seen numerous similar comments around here, with some on the other side.  I'm in no hurry to buy one of these at the going rate.  Maybe I'll find it at a bar somewhere to try for myself.

It depends on the barrel you get.  Another thing, I suspect that some of the diehard wheater fans were looking for a readily available substitute for Weller 12 and were disappointed to find out that the profile was very different. Myself, I really like it. (Btw, I also love W12 too, it's in my top 10).  But then again many of my favorite bourbons are rye-based mash bills and RY10SiB has a complexity sort of similar to those.  Plus like I said, this one is highly depended on the individual barrel.  I've only tried 2 from the 2017 release but neither of them were as good as my favorites from last year.

Edited by Kepler
were, not was

17 minutes ago, flahute said:

It's been a productive week or so. I made a commitment to concentrate on bottles with half or less fill levels.

The victims: 4R PS OESV, WT101, Michter's Barrel Strength Rye, Pikesville 6yr, ETL, WTRB, OGD114, and a HH6yr BIB

My gosh, mate,  that's an impressive load of empties.  Part of me is saying "good job man" and part of me is concerned for your liver and says "pace yourself" Lol :)

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

My gosh, mate,  that's an impressive load of empties.  Part of me is saying "good job man" and part of me is concerned for your liver and says "pace yourself" Lol :)

I appreciate your concern! Not to worry. Many of these only had two pours or so left in them.

On 7/19/2017 at 10:47 PM, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

Tony is allegedly autocorrect for tiny. Tony trickles sounds gross.

Ha!  Actually, this strikes me as a great meme for this board.  The last pour from a bottle is the "Tony trickles"!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.