Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ha!  Actually, this strikes me as a great meme for this board.  The last pour from a bottle is the "Tony trickles"!

I like it!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Ha, I haven't even opened mine yet.

I have a backup now.

Man down.
20170721_223822-445x1006.thumb.jpg.332c420423309c1140ea9d354a2d6da6.jpg

Just found my first bottle of this in the dallas area. Not a bad pour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Is this cheating?

1a451465537e56427b917638eac459f1.jpg
e91d46d70a3ed8646910bf25618bbad3.jpg

No, it's teasing - and my Mommy said that ain't nice (in Chinese, of course!).   J/K.  Envious I am.   :wub:

No, it's teasing - and my Mommy said that ain't nice (in Chinese, of course!).   J/K.  Envious I am.   :wub:

Maybe you're lacking in the W12 department but I'm pretty envious of a lot stuff you post around here. For instance a whole case of SB select WA107.

Emptied the Grandpa Weller 4 Grain tonite - gonna' have to vat up some more!   :lol:

Emptied the Grandpa Weller 4 Grain tonite - gonna' have to vat up some more!   :lol:

I actually emptied my vat bottle of GPW4G a few weeks ago, and just haven't bothered to pick up a new bottle of WSR for blending. I've got plenty of OGD114, but only have a PS SB WSR that I'd rather not use for blending. I've got so many open bottles right now it might be awhile before I make another batch, but it is good stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love this bourbon. 10 years. Single barrel. 100 proof. $35.00

Can't beat it with a stick. 

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2514.thumb.JPG.6fc3e84e3492f59c8d3eaf4dd26addea.JPG

Agree, except it's even better when it's less than $30! [emoji106]

21 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Agree, except it's even better when it's less than $30! emoji106.png

On July 25, 2017 at 10:13 PM, Mako254 said:

IMG_2514.JPG

One of the best deals in bourbon in my neck of the woods. I find it for $22 at one store.

I've been clearing out open bottles over the past month or so.  Most recent was MM46, but also finished a Bernheim Wheat, Dry Fly Triticale, WR Double Oaked, 1792 SmB, Larceny, among others.

On 7/25/2017 at 10:13 PM, Mako254 said:

IMG_2514.JPG

Inspired me to polish off my bottle tonight.  Good bourbon, cheap, and readily available...hard to go wrong there.

IMG_6268.JPG

Friday night after 4 12 hour shifts on a cardiac ICU unit. Cocktails, then a couple pours neat. 

IMG_2535.JPG

23 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Friday night after 4 12 hour shifts on a cardiac ICU unit. Cocktails, then a couple pours neat. 

IMG_2535.JPG

you defiantly deserve a good drink. 

Finished off an SJR batch 7. Replaced it in the cabinet with a batch 6 that I think I like a touch better. Haven't seen any batch 8 yet.

20170728_220811-756x1008.jpg

Emptied this fantastic WTKS store pick.  This one was just outstanding and might be my favorite non-dusty /non-LE Turkey I've had.  That includes some excellent Russell Reserve SiB.  This one was a pleasant surprise and gave me added respect for what WT can offer in a private selection (regular KS is not as good).   Thankfully I bought several.

WIN_20170728_230417.JPG

30 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Emptied this fantastic WTKS store pick.  This one was just outstanding and might be my favorite non-dusty /non-LE Turkey I've had.  That includes some excellent Russell Reserve SiB.  This one was a pleasant surprise and gave me added respect for what WT can offer in a private selection (regular KS is not as good).   Thankfully I bought several.

WIN_20170728_230417.JPG

Now that sounds awesome. I've been on the lookout for a good store pick of KS but they are scarce around here.

Emptied the bottle last night, but fell asleep after a long week and left a few sips in the glass for this morning. :) RHF appeared on shelves again this week after a year long hiatus so I felt no regrets about finishing it off with a new bottle taking its place. 

IMG_3055.JPG

Finished off an OBSV after fishing in the Montana backcountry with my son.  Glass?  I don't need no stinkin' glass.

OBSV.JPG

11 hours ago, Clueby said:

Finished off an SJR batch 7. Replaced it in the cabinet with a batch 6 that I think I like a touch better. Haven't seen any batch 8 yet.

20170728_220811-756x1008.jpg

Now that's the cutest Norlan whiskey glass I've ever seen!   :lol:

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Now that's the cutest Norlan whiskey glass I've ever seen!   :lol:

Hey..thats my Libby Golden Foilage rocks glass. We have whole set of tumblers, rocks, pilsners, footed giblets, etc. I even have the ice bucket and matching shot glass. Early 60s I believe. It's become my favorite drink glass. I keep 3 of them on the bar. My daughter got me the Norlans for Christmas. They are so light I worry about breaking them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.