Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This bottle was so good I just had to finish it off tonight. I need to find more of these and already have two in reserve down in the bunker! I fear they won't be enough and will also go quickly.
b7c54faf1014479d8d6337e22ee5fec9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you didn't waste anytime, that's the new release. Good work.

44 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Well you didn't waste anytime, that's the new release. Good work.

No I did not that is for sure. We were half empty one week after purchase and lucky to make it as long as it did. There are so many great characteristics about this batch I cannot begin to explain it. It has that true EC12 consistencies, yet some really nice and balanced sweetness to it with such a wonderful smoothness as well. Normally I would have preferred a little higher proof, but this was spot on. If you find multiples, save some for the next person if possible, but make sure you get 2 because you will be pissed you didn't.

^Did you have any of the A117 release? If so how do they compare? Most people around here didn't care for A117 vs. previous releases.

No I did not that is for sure. We were half empty one week after purchase and lucky to make it as long as it did. There are so many great characteristics about this batch I cannot begin to explain it. It has that true EC12 consistencies, yet some really nice and balanced sweetness to it with such a wonderful smoothness as well. Normally I would have preferred a little higher proof, but this was spot on. If you find multiples, save some for the next person if possible, but make sure you get 2 because you will be pissed you didn't.

After reading this I'm going to have to go deeper on this release. Thanks for the review.

22 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

^Did you have any of the A117 release? If so how do they compare? Most people around here didn't care for A117 vs. previous releases.

I did purchase two bottle of the A117 but have not opened one yet. Like you, I have heard mixed reviews about that batch and ad too many open bottles when I found them to see what I liked or disliked about it. However I am glad I didn't wait on the B517 purchase. I am hoping to find some more tomorrow if I am lucky because it is just that damn good and I have A LOT of EC in the bunker. I would drink this batch every single day if I could.

I thought the 136 batch was really really good as well, but this one might be my favorite so far. 

^Elm if you get the opportunity open an A117 bottle would love to see your opinion vs the B117 that you really liked.

Killing some near empties tonight. This was really good but doubtful I'll get another. Too many slightly better options out there + I doubt I'll find another store pick of KC100.

b6719cfd41a929e87f16152c06d4e115.jpg

10 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Killing some near empties tonight. This was really good but doubtful I'll get another. Too many slightly better options out there + I doubt I'll find another store pick of KC100.

b6719cfd41a929e87f16152c06d4e115.jpg

Never seen a store pick of KC100. How do they pick that if it's a small batch?

Never seen a store pick of KC100. How do they pick that if it's a small batch?

I'm guessing in this case it's a barrel pick just like EC or BT picks.

Finally finished this one. Not sure if there will be a future bottle, but I will say that it was much improved at the end compared to when it was first opened. 

IMG_3690.JPG

25 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Finally finished this one. Not sure if there will be a future bottle, but I will say that it was much improved at the end compared to when it was first opened. 

IMG_3690.JPG

I was not a fan of this bottle either on first pour. Hopefully it gets better with a little age

Polished this one off tonight.  I thought it was a decent  bourbon, but probably not something I will buy again.

IMG_5943.JPG

Batch FA 16. Bottle #5. 

40% A

30% B

30% C

This was a custom micro blend for the local whiskey bar (Bourbon) here in Columbia SC. 

IMG_2312.JPG

Sent Toogie's Invitation to the bin tonight. A good representation of today's Booker's 
IMG_1429.thumb.JPG.31a40323f1e04550381023d252ae77a4.JPG

I like the Toogies, but compared to the bottle I had before the Toogies ( Maw Maw). It wasn't close to as good as that in my opinion . Maw Maw was thick sweet and woody. Loved it. Toogies was more traditional bouboun flavors and less viscous .
Not there's anything wrong with that, because there's not. It was still plenty good.

9912ee4e67bbbd3d697c6896d40bc2cd.jpg

Bottle killing mission. Not pictured is a 4RSB I left at a friend's house...

Happy independence day everyone! I know is close enough for me.

I'll miss the gold...

The yearling got better with oxidation, but it was never really "good".

Bye, bye!

IMAG2160_1.jpg

Really enjoyed this bottle, definitely a regular in the rotation. Picked up a store pick OBSF today on my way home fro Lake Lanier, can't wait to crack it. Going to try for as many of the store picks as possible. 

IMG_2340.JPG

This EW 1783 underwhelms when drank neat. I am happy to see it go.
ca886d93d4a5db7dadfca9941bc68ef4.jpgddde947783bf38018896f8a31c05d866.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sent a bottle of SAOS 10yr to the bin tonight. It was my first bottle since I opened and killed Batch 1 in record time many years ago. Still just as good as I remember it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.