What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

IMG_0715.thumb.JPG.fc8d604741453a0024c9e6bb4bc33ed6.JPG

Last barrel pick from the same LS was fantastic. I'm hoping this one is also spot on. Barreled in May 2004 and bottled last month at 126.7

Same house W but 4th fl (last one was 5th).

IMG_0716.JPG

Went to Liquor Barn to pick up some bitters and Sweet Vermouth for the Manhattans and decided while I was there that a bottle of Maker's 46 should come home with me.

Edited by CardsandBourbon

4 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I am a happy man right now. They no longer have Russell's Reserve at the Lexington Costco. Well, we went to one in Louisville and they had plenty. Not only that, but it was almost two dollars cheaper than in Lexington. Yes! I bought two bottles for me (if I wasn't married, I would have bought a case) and I bought a bottle for@fifeman for driving to the Amorphis concert tonight.

e9b8b2bd57db2b115c022c03dabb2768.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Holy hell.......I'd have bought a case at that bargain basement price.

OGD 100 BIB.  I LIKE TO HAVE A BOTTLE OF WORKMANLIKE DECENT PROOF BURBON WITH A RYE BENT AROUND FOR CERTAIN COCKTAILS, AND BESIDES, IT WAS IN THE OLD BOTTLE WITH THE ORANGE PLASTIC CAP WHICH BRINGS ME BACK TO SIMPLER BOURBON TIMES, AND WHICH I WILL REPURPOSE WHEN EMPTY!

Loch & K(e)y Society (Julio's Liquors) store pick WA107 SiB:

WA107.jpg

L&K picks have been getting a lot of LOVE from the Whiskey Advocate lately (91s for their ECNAS and Kavalan Ex-Bourbon Cask bottles).  Me likee!   :D

Edited by GeeTen
Chinglish corrections (heh, heh)

13 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I am a happy man right now. They no longer have Russell's Reserve at the Lexington Costco. Well, we went to one in Louisville and they had plenty. Not only that, but it was almost two dollars cheaper than in Lexington. Yes! I bought two bottles for me (if I wasn't married, I would have bought a case) and I bought a bottle for@fifeman for driving to the Amorphis concert tonight.

e9b8b2bd57db2b115c022c03dabb2768.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Very nice price!

Barterhouse is one of my favorites and my current bottle is dwindling. Haven't seen one recently so when I saw this behind some other bottles I knew I needed to buy it. 

IMG_0067.JPG

Popped into my local LS; added to my stash of E.H. Taylor Small Batch and found a rarity for these parts. 

IMG_3054.JPG

6c87a2030b2041d9ba25dfef78f9a8ef.jpg

Did a little hunting while in SC this week and was able to find these big guys. Just going to stash them away for my retirement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hop said:

6c87a2030b2041d9ba25dfef78f9a8ef.jpg

Did a little hunting while in SC this week and was able to find these big guys. Just going to stash them away for my retirement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice haul!  I always love the look on the owners eyes when I make a purchase like that. He's perplexed knowing they must be desirable bottles since I'm buying everyone of them and wishing he could charge me more but knowing full well that they sat there for years and he hated them with a passion the entire time. 

9 minutes ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

Nice haul!  I always love the look on the owners eyes when I make a purchase like that. He's perplexed knowing they must be desirable bottles since I'm buying everyone of them and wishing he could charge me more but knowing full well that they sat there for years and he hated them with a passion the entire time. 

Now thats funny! and true....

It is true - they were perplexed until I asked if there was any more in the back.  When they said no I told them it wasn't anything you could get more of.  FYI - this was the store that had THH for $499 so I didn't feel bad at all about it.  I found 5 of the 1.75's at this store and the sixth at another out of the way location

Prompted by the next 5 thread, I picked up a VOB BiB today.  I've always passed it up at $13.99 because this store has HHBiB 6yr for $10.99.  With a dozen HH in the bunker I guess it might be time to expand my horizons.

Picked up another Total Wine KCSB barrel pick. They don't know the info on it but I asked a friend at Beam and he got the info which confirmed my suspicions that it's older than the typical 9 year age statement on the bottle. It's 12 years old and exhibits some very favorable wood spice.

Also replenished the RR10yr and WTRB I recently emptied. The WTRB is the first I've seen locally of the new batch.

10 hours ago, Golferpimp1 said:

61ccb5cd5753e9a747a6e5db5a3a432e.jpg
Finally pulled the trigger

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

What was keeping you at bay? Was it expensive?

19 hours ago, theranman said:

Popped into my local LS; added to my stash of E.H. Taylor Small Batch and found a rarity for these parts. 

IMG_3054.JPG

Very Nice! A big fan of both.

Edited by MTNBourbon

12 hours ago, Golferpimp1 said:

61ccb5cd5753e9a747a6e5db5a3a432e.jpg
Finally pulled the trigger

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Very tasty! Enjoy!

On 3/24/2017 at 7:06 AM, GeeTen said:

Loch & K(e)y Society (Julio's Liquors) store pick WA107 SiB:

WA107.jpg

L&K picks have been getting a lot of LOVE from the Whiskey Advocate lately (91s for their ECNAS and Kavalan Ex-Bourbon Cask bottles).  Me likee!   :D

Is that case full or did you just get the box??

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.