What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

37 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

The Rittenhouse Rye is very nice for the price.

I actually bought it thinking it was B-F distilled, hadn't realized there were DSP-1 bottles with that label, not that I wouldn't have bought it anyway.

I want to thank the fine people of the state of Kentucky and in particular the folks at the Buffalo Trace Distillery for sending another shipment of WA107 to Houston.

1dfb8e1b5c1dd50952458983aacb3c08.jpg

20 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Do you know if they scored them from Maison? 

Thats pretty awesome. Congrats. Speaking of EC12

picked up these two today. I love this stuff and when I run out I think I will develop serious withdrawals.

58dc8c2ee6428_Photoon3-29-17at9_38PM.thumb.jpg.58bda33f3fec709c8a83d0660aa32312.jpg

Yes, from La Maison Du Whisky. 

8 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

I want to thank the fine people of the state of Kentucky and in particular the folks at the Buffalo Trace Distillery for sending another shipment of WA107 to Houston.

1dfb8e1b5c1dd50952458983aacb3c08.jpg

I really hate you about right now. :P

I really hate you about right now. [emoji14]

Sorry pic doesn't include the two I already pulled.

travelled an hour SW of louisville today for a craigslist purchase, then took backroads home and hit a few small town likka sto's.

the OGBBIB, I wanted an old style label for my chelf collection.

the FC, I found several 6 year jugs, bought one.

the EW, I've never seen one, thought it sounded interesting, and priced appropriately. I thought these were gift shop only, but they also had gift-shop-only Old Tub too.

A few SAOS 7/99 bourbon's and a few 10/100 bourbons were seen, but no rye of any age/proof OS.

20170330_164306.jpg

32 minutes ago, Whiskey Dick said:

travelled an hour SW of louisville today for a craigslist purchase, then took backroads home and hit a few small town likka sto's.

the OGBBIB, I wanted an old style label for my chelf collection.

the FC, I found several 6 year jugs, bought one.

the EW, I've never seen one, thought it sounded interesting, and priced appropriately. I thought these were gift shop only, but they also had gift-shop-only Old Tub too.

A few SAOS 7/99 bourbon's and a few 10/100 bourbons were seen, but no rye of any age/proof OS.

20170330_164306.jpg

Great haul.  I have some So IL business coming up, looking to do the same.

i was on vacation all week, and the wife was telling me I oughtta take at least a day and binge watch tv or dusty hunt or junkyard hunt instead of house working. I got up today and it was raining, so I took her advice. Cruising along open roads, alone,  listening to louisville's 91.9FM, and stopping by any/all likka sto's I saw, I had a decent day. Of course, the dream of happening upon a case of 8 year SAOS rye didnt't happen, but that just leaves the excuse to do it again next time! The FC and EW weren't even on my radar, but grabbed 'em anyway

I decided that I wanted some Weller tonight. I am trying not to open the last bottle of OWA that I have so I went out and grabbed what I can find.

pic.jpg

Nice haul, Ruffin51... and at very reasonable rates, I might add.     Good on ya'!

On 3/26/2017 at 5:56 PM, Whiskeythink.com said:

I tried Danville a few weeks ago & came up with nuthin'. The stores are real sketchy tho.

Funny how many of us hit those Danville stores.  I was there 5 weeks ago and found some FC6 but nothing else. One store had some bottles of David Nicholson in a bottle design I didn't recognize but No age statement so I passed on them. I was really glad I was there in the morning cause it was scary enough then. 

2 hours ago, Ruffin51 said:

IMG_5261.JPG

What's with all those discounts? Those are some downright spectacular prices.

Old Forester 86 has been pretty tasty these days, so I bought a case at the Montgomery County MD stores. $15.99 each on sale, which is not too bad! The date code matches the bottle I was drinking, even though I bought them in different stores, so yay! That code starts with 'A328' which is 11-23-2016. I bet other OF is good too, but I really like this batch - lots of dried cherry flavor. While I've always liked OF, it seems to be getting more interesting these days, with much more dried fruit and depth. Hooray for that!

3 hours ago, Ruffin51 said:

Kroger for the win today!

IMG_5260.JPG

Nice! And aside from the great bourbon, I really like the Monkey Shoulder myself. Have you tried Banknote?

Nice! And aside from the great bourbon, I really like the Monkey Shoulder myself. Have you tried Banknote?

Ugh didn't care for monkey shoulder myself, which is why I have 70 bottles of bourbon.....and one of scotch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I didn't like the 4rSmB at first, but I warmed up to it 1/4 of the way in.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, b1gcountry said:

I didn't like the 4rSmB at first, but I warmed up to it 1/4 of the way in.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Well it was less than $22 which seems less than I normally see it so it was not a huge gamble.

Edited by Clueby

7 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Well it was less than $22 which seems less than I normally see it so it was a huge gamble.

For that scratch its a no brainer.

Kroger in central Indiana is offering 30% off their already good prices when you mix and match six bottles today and tomorrow.

Really enjoyed my first bottle of Monkey Shoulder - lots of banana bread on that one. Glad to pick a replacement bottle up for very cheap. 

Havent tried Banknote, I'll keep a eye out for it

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.