What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

16 hours ago, KrispinD said:

8586ed914af67e6c62c0c626f6e5e2d8.jpg
Found these beauties at my local. All 10+ year OBSK/OESK Private selects.

Very nice find!

53 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Very nice find!

I think you overpaid for bottles #1, #2 & #5 since they don't have the super duper fancy leather neck wrap :D(see the Four Roses thread if you don't get it). 

I think you overpaid for bottles #1, #2 & #5 since they don't have the super duper fancy leather neck wrap [emoji3](see the Four Roses thread if you don't get it). 

Ha! For sure. Those are the 120 proof, so I'll take that tradeoff any day.

10 minutes ago, KrispinD said:

Ha! For sure. Those are the 120 proof, so I'll take that tradeoff any day.

Well I think I'm starting to figure out this leather neck wrap thingie.  They put the leather around the lower proof bottles to lure you into purchasing those.  Sneaky bastids.:)

IMG_0570.thumb.JPG.7c4e1f391fe9701a1569051c29dbdf91.JPGI'll preface this by saying I've never had OF Sig.  I picked up this old label handle today for $25.99 which seems ridiculously low.  Going to try it later tonight and evaluate the situation....clear the shelf?

4 minutes ago, Nm0369 said:

IMG_0570.thumb.JPG.7c4e1f391fe9701a1569051c29dbdf91.JPGI'll preface this by saying I've never had OF Sig.  I picked up this old label handle today for $25.99 which seems ridiculously low.  Going to try it later tonight and evaluate the situation....clear the shelf?

Only you can answer that... No matter what anyone tells you, this decision is solely based on how you evaluate it tonight.  FWIW, $25.99 was just an "OK" price for that bottle.  

1 hour ago, Nm0369 said:

To put the price into perspective, OF 86 proof goes for $23/750 in this area. Personally, I'd definitely get another 2 or 5 at that price. Awesome find!

That is a 1.75L. $26 is a great price for that. I would pick up 2. Those would last me a while

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, DROB said:

Added a few more horses to my small stable

Wonderful. Hoping I can find a gold label when I go to Europe in May because there isn't any in these parts. 

None here either, a friend brought one back from St Maarten. Next up SFTB or Black if I can work it out

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Only you can answer that... No matter what anyone tells you, this decision is solely based on how you evaluate it tonight.  FWIW, $25.99 was just an "OK" price for that bottle.  

That is less than a 750 goes for here.

Definitely looking for those too. Will you open the Gold label soon? I only ask because I am curious to your opinion on it. 

At the bare minimum, I plan on coming back to the states with a Blanton's SFTB and a Gold Label. 

I've had the gold before and I really like the way the higher proof takes the already great blantons flavor up a notch. I usually like higher proof Whiskey, so this just makes me want to get my hands on the SFTB even more.

19 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

That is less than a 750 goes for here.

Yes, yes , yes, on price .  Salient point is that question to clear shelf is moot until it is tasted.  If poster doesn't like it, it doesn't matter if it is $5 per...

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I had a sizable pour, first neat then with a few drops of water.  I'll need to revisit it again in a few days for a final decision on whether to buy more.  The sweetness and spice are both very minimal to me.  I do appreciate the viscosity....it's not thin at all. It's obviously a deal compared to the current product and pricing, but I'm not sure where it fits in for me.  I've been stocking up old label WT101, Old Fitz BiB and HHBiB 6yr.  I enjoy all of those and the pricing is relative.

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Yes, yes , yes, on price .  Salient point is that question to clear shelf is moot until it is tasted.  If poster doesn't like it, it doesn't matter if it is $5 per...

Fair point

2 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Definitely looking for those too. Will you open the Gold label soon? I only ask because I am curious to your opinion on it. 

At the bare minimum, I plan on coming back to the states with a Blanton's SFTB and a Gold Label. 

You will not be disappointed with the Gold juice. Haven't opened my bottle of SFTB yet to compare, but have really enjoyed my bottle of Gold. Lots of depth on both taste and finish.

47 minutes ago, elmossle said:

You will not be disappointed with the Gold juice. Haven't opened my bottle of SFTB yet to compare, but have really enjoyed my bottle of Gold. Lots of depth on both taste and finish.

I might have to buy two a piece. Open one right away and bunker another. Must buys when I lay eyes on them.

Picked this up today at retail

unnamed-3.thumb.jpg.409b438118f5ce8b9c3cffb95f3caf4c.jpg

8 hours ago, Government Beard said:

I might have to buy two a piece. Open one right away and bunker another. Must buys when I lay eyes on them.

Picked this up today at retail

unnamed-3.thumb.jpg.409b438118f5ce8b9c3cffb95f3caf4c.jpg

Nice pickup.  I haven't seen any of those around my area.  Let us know what you think after a pour.

16 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

Never seen that bottle before, but for that price get at least another. OF Sig is very tasty.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.