What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

38 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Is that case full or did you just get the box??

It's not full anymore - opened the first bottle.  Very, very nice!  Great Weller wheater nose followed by a whiff of burnt sugar(?!?).  Smoother than OWA on the palate (same proof, tho') with caramel notes.  Medium to long finish with lingering tastes of slight oak and a hint of leather.  Just . . . . . yummy!   :D

796de203b5f622cf96288f6e798b4f3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Wow.

Found this at a liquor store about 40 minutes away... it was a little pricey but History in a bottle! Honestly I think I stole it with the price he had it at.[emoji15]

796de203b5f622cf96288f6e798b4f3a.jpg

It comes with a scroll? How does it taste?

It comes with a scroll? How does it taste?

Haven't opened the bottle yet, it breaks down the history of Hirsch and Mitcher's making bourbon together. I'll post it when I get back home. Gonna open it when we close escrow

1 hour ago, Jeremy V said:

Found this at a liquor store about 40 minutes away... it was a little pricey but History in a bottle! Honestly I think I stole it with the price he had it at.emoji15.png

What was the price? I'm amazed these are still out there in the wild.

12 minutes ago, dcbt said:

What was the price? I'm amazed these are still out there in the wild.

As has been said before, the history on this stuff is suspect to say the least. Tanked distillate, gold wax tops, gold foil tops, bottles dumped then tanked and rebottled, bottles dumped and rebottled, crystal decanter sets that were supposedly the last 1000 remaining bottles, humidor sets etc........ :unsure: No one knows for sure. There's been some discussion about it here in numerous previous threads. Below are a few links. FWIW, through the generosity of members here, I've tasted this on at least a couple of occasions. My thoughts are like a few others, it's decent bourbon, but nothing to really write home about.

Joe

Right, I get it.  I have Chuck's book.  Hell, I have a bottle of the stuff.  I don't think posts from 2010-11 are relevant at all.  That's all pre-boom.  Finding it on the shelf then doesn't surprise me.  Now, in an era when people ogle and clamor for WSR and the such that can't be found, unless the price tag on the AHH16 is over $2k, yea, I'd say it's surprising to see it available still. 

My first bottle of EC (NAS), and my first bottle of ECBP (New bottle/label), Batch 13 (127 Proof).

IMG_1075_zpsnctgozch.jpg

Found a 1792 Sweet Wheat today. Probably paid a little much at $50. Same store had ECBP A117 for $100 and Baby Saz for $50.

Found a 1792 Sweet Wheat today. Probably paid a little much at $50. Same store had ECBP A117 for $100 and Baby Saz for $50.

If you got Sweet Wheat you didn't pay too much. Anything I find of that release I'm buying....

Right, I get it.  I have Chuck's book.  Hell, I have a bottle of the stuff.  I don't think posts from 2010-11 are relevant at all.  That's all pre-boom.  Finding it on the shelf then doesn't surprise me.  Now, in an era when people ogle and clamor for WSR and the such that can't be found, unless the price tag on the AHH16 is over $2k, yea, I'd say it's surprising to see it available still. 

I got it for $1K from a Distributor buddy of mine... in 2007 I use to work in a bar that had it in a cocktail, go figure...Paid $53 a btl back then. Can a distributor legally sell a fake?

As has been said before, the history on this stuff is suspect to say the least. Tanked distillate, gold wax tops, gold foil tops, bottles dumped then tanked and rebottled, bottles dumped and rebottled, crystal decanter sets that were supposedly the last 1000 remaining bottles, humidor sets etc........ :unsure: No one knows for sure. There's been some discussion about it here in numerous previous threads. Below are a few links. FWIW, through the generosity of members here, I've tasted this on at least a couple of occasions. My thoughts are like a few others, it's decent bourbon, but nothing to really write home about.

Joe

[/url]  

It's delicious bourbon... not sure which you've tasted but I have a pretty extensive collection or rare and crazy finds and this one is definitely in my top 5. But thanks for sharing..

21 minutes ago, Hop said:

If you got Sweet Wheat you didn't pay too much. Anything I find of that release I'm buying....

Good to know. I've not tried it yet. They had High Rye and Full Proof at $50 as well..but already have a bottle of each that I paid less for.

Hi Gents,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I supposed I'd dive right in. Picked these up today while out on a mini hunt. 

unnamed.thumb.jpg.31be01cf45418410b8d3ce95ffa7090d.jpg

Welcome to the board beard! I Haven't seen a 2004 in two years or so

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

8e5a752c685400f7e21185947898a7f5.jpg

Excellent. I look forward to reading your thoughts after escrow closes.

7 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Hi Gents,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I supposed I'd dive right in. Picked these up today while out on a mini hunt. 

Welcome! Have not had any EWSB in a long time, pretty tasty though.

8 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Hi Gents,

Welcome GBeard. Fine opening post, in fact it sent me looking at my latest Belle Meade pick up. We're about 10 barrel #s  and a week different date apart. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.