What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Got a gift card from the kiddos for Fathers Day so I took that (and a few more of my own $$) and stopped by Liquor Barn at lunch today.

1792 Full Proof, Store Selection (been looking for one).

Russell's Reserve, Single Barrel, Store Selection (on sale so I thought, Why not)

Wild Turkey Rare Breed, Barrel Proof 116.8 (had my first pour of it Saturday and really enjoyed it)

Old Grandad 114 (because when I see it anymore I grab a bottle for the bunker)

bourbon_zpsbt8btjwn.jpeg

Took advantage of a trip to Vegas to grab some bourbons not available in Utah.  Picked up Four Roses small batch, OGD 114, and Old Forester 1920. 

I was really impressed with the selection at Lee's Liquors on flamingo at pecos, it was hard to limit myself to only 3 bottles. 

2 hours ago, JSpartan said:

Those sound like really good prices to me.  Of those three bottles, I've only ever found ETL 3 times (2 @$40 from different stores that came home and 1 I left on the shelf @$150) I would love to find a W12 at the price. I've only ever seen it a few times either at a bar or behind the glass at Buffalo Trace this past weekend.

Yeah, I was pretty excited to get the email. I didn't even know what the prices were, but this store is always right at retail so I was happy with that too. I was just bustin' C&B's chops. I too would walk at $100 or $150. 

2 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Got a gift card from the kiddos for Fathers Day so I took that (and a few more of my own $$) and stopped by Liquor Barn at lunch today.

1792 Full Proof, Store Selection (been looking for one).

Russell's Reserve, Single Barrel, Store Selection (on sale so I thought, Why not)

Wild Turkey Rare Breed, Barrel Proof 116.8 (had my first pour of it Saturday and really enjoyed it)

Old Grandad 114 (because when I see it anymore I grab a bottle for the bunker)

bourbon_zpsbt8btjwn.jpeg

Nice - I hope you buckled these guys in for the ride home.

OGD 114, Weller Antique x2, Weller 12. First time ever finding W12 in the wild!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm, a new (to me at least) bottle style for Rare Breed.    AND, a new label, as well.   Anybody else seen it this way?     ...Or is this an 'OLD' style with which I'm unfamiliar?

Hmmmm, a new (to me at least) bottle style for Rare Breed.    AND, a new label, as well.   Anybody else seen it this way?     ...Or is this an 'OLD' style with which I'm unfamiliar?

I think that's the new one - only old bottles around me still. Is the proof still 112.8?

WT MK Batch 1 17 yr on sale (Montgomery Co. MD sale ends today $112 instead of @150) and also David Nicholson 1843 100 proof (the wheated) on sale at $19 instead of $22 (MoCo sale on this ends 30 June, and it is #30 in VaABC if you can find it).

Passed on basic EC SmB 94 proof @ $30; just haven't learned to like the oaky (to me, anyway) finish.

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

They had one of the old bottles and the rest were the new style.

1 hour ago, KrispinD said:

I think that's the new one - only old bottles around me still. Is the proof still 112.8?

Proof is listed as 116.8.

4 hours ago, LongGone said:

Nice - I hope you buckled these guys in for the ride home.

They were safely tucked away and buckled in for the ride home.

Picke up a FRPS OESV; now 6 of 10 after 2 years of hunting. Only 4 more left.

2 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

That is new packaging. They just rolled it out.

Over the last week I've picked up 4 W12. $24, $28 and 2 @ $30. Rounded up. 

Can never find ETL or RHF in the wild, but I can find W12 at 5 to 7 a release. 

I grabbed an ETL last night for $38, the W12s I got were $50 from two different stores and a buddy saw it somewhere for $100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a bottle of Baker's on closeout for $33.99. Not something I usually have around, but hard to pass on for that price.

When it rains it pours...and then i pour [emoji4]

Selection_003.png.2aabb21b912a72d6d6653b8dd8a1828c.png

Ha! I thought the same thing driving away with 3 today. This time found them at $34 each - had to help out some buddies.

Visiting the Washington DC area for vacation with the family and hitting a few liquor stores here and there to satisfy my insatiable desire to acquire bourbon!

Hit a small liquor store in the Largo, MD area and got to talking with the owner (Sam) about my favorite bourbons and my favorite liquor store back in JC, MO... He enjoyed the conversation enough to give me a hefty discount and I walked out with a bottle of ETL for $32. Gotta love those privately run liquor stores!

3 hours ago, bourbs bro said:

When it rains it pours...and then i pour :)

Selection_003.png

If you don't mind saying, what area did you find those babies in??

1792 Sweet Wheat.  First time I have seen one on the shelf in NJ.  Thought about buying two of the three I saw but decided to try it first.  Glad I did what I did.  I love my wheaters, but this one lacks the character needed to be considered a better wheated bourbon.  Mild barrel notes, a little acetone in the nose, but nothing noticeable from the mash bill - just sweet.  Could easily be confused with Bernheim wheat whiskey.  Will see what some air does for it, but as of now not a repeat purchase for me.

2 hours ago, MOwhisky4me said:

Hit a small liquor store in the Largo, MD area

FYI: you're taking your life in your hands in that area. 

If you don't mind saying, what area did you find those babies in??

Upstate NY got deliveries yesterday.

Finally sprung for the OF 1920 while picking up some beer to take back to a friend in Michigan this weekend.

Went back and purchased the bottle of ECBP A117 that I had passed up over the weekend.  I did not really need it, but an extra bottle never hurts.

11 hours ago, DCFan said:

FYI: you're taking your life in your hands in that area. 

It was actually a really nice shop in what looked like a new shopping plaza. I will risk going to a "sketchy" shop in a bad area from time to time, but family vacation ain't the time.

Now we're in Richmond, VA for a couple days and then heading back home by driving through Kentucky. Staying in Frankfort on the way through.

Bringing this back on topic... Picked up a bottle of WTRB 112.8 and a bottle of Stagg Jr in downtown DC before leaving to head to Richmond. Surprisingly fair prices at the shop I popped into.

Edited by MOwhisky4me

4 hours ago, MOwhisky4me said:

Now we're in Richmond, VA for a couple days

Now you're really pushing it;

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.