What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

The Stolen Overproof  Rum is great so don't let their gimmick products turn you off if you have a chance to pick up a 375, if you like Jamaican Rum that is.  As for me I thought it was going to be a Scotch night but it ended up being a 4R kinda night, the most I have enjoyed this bottle of OBSQ, that Arran did a nice job of setting up the taste buds. Guess it was a barrel proof night either way.

IMG_20170818_222956160.jpg

I see you have The Arran 12. I like that and especially the 14 yr. A beautiful fruit forward style, with a very pleasant apricot flavor that really stands out on the palate.

Edited by BourbonDude

Had a bit of Blood Oath Pact 3 while watching Alien Covenant last nigh. Seemed appropriate :)

This was a gift bottle and I'm not inclined to personally pay for things like this but it is enjoyable. A solid $35-$40 Bourbon ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother and I decided to open this one this afternoon. It is good, hard to describe just yet. I dont plan on buying another. Too expensive. Cheers

20170819_142911.jpg

27 minutes ago, DaytonDawg said:

Both makers 46 the big bottle was better 

IMG_2455.JPG

IMG_2456.JPG

Huge fan of 46 and the private select. Some of the best wheaters available. 

3 hours ago, Insanityabounds said:

My brother and I decided to open this one this afternoon. It is good, hard to describe just yet. I dont plan on buying another. Too expensive. Cheers

20170819_142911.jpg

Ocean is always too expensive.  Heck Lets go out on a limb here and say that all the currently available Jefferson's are too expensive.

That being said, I like ocean, including the cask strength.  It's not something I can afford to make a daily drinker though.

Enjoy!

21 minutes ago, beasled said:

ECBP 128 proof. Drop of water and this is just perfect. 

Cheers!

Oh man that was such a good batch.

Still have one I've been hiding for a rainy day.

21 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Oh man that was such a good batch.

Still have one I've been hiding for a rainy day.

Funny since we (in europe) get random batches and the 128 is pretty readily available, in fact one of the first widely distributed batches here. You can still get it, in fact.

21 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Ocean is always too expensive.  Heck Lets go out on a limb here and say that all the currently available Jefferson's are too expensive.

That being said, I like ocean, including the cask strength.  It's not something I can afford to make a daily drinker though.

Enjoy!

We wound up having a couple pours each. I do like the cask strength better than the original. I get a spicy chocolate salt type taste that is pretty amplified in this version that i enjoyed. Youre right about prices, if it was around $70 I would prob buy another. 

A bunch of us were at dinner at the Old Stone Inn in Simpsonville KY and I've got a bottle of the OF 1920 so I thought I would try a pour of the OF 1897 BIB.  All I can say is I'm glad I did.  I really like the 1920 but the 1897 is even better on my palate.  Noses and tastes like thick syrupy caramel.  Definitely see a bottle of it in my cabinet in the near future.

A neighbor had his 50th birthday party last night. I'm partially responsible for his current fervor for Bourbon. So he had a "Bourbon bar" in the back of the clubhouse in addition to the party drinks. One of the bottles I brought was OGD114 and later i noticed that someone put a WSR on the table too. Not having any WSR at home I decided to try the Grandad Weller Four Grain blend for the first time. That is seriously good. Another neighbor and I drank the equivalent of a bottle of that throughout the rest of the evening.

Visiting Florida, had to get something to drink daily.  It has been good for my three nights so far.  Five more nights to go.  Evan Williams single barrel #666.  

image.jpg

BT SB @ 8.5 yrs old. First I've ever seen that had the barrel date on it.

Enjoying a JWD BIB Manhattan tossed in a few Morello Cherries and went with a couple dashes of Orange Bitters and a couple dashes of Woodford BB Cherry Bitters, really making my Sunday night!

Finally got to open the WT KY Spirit.  It meets or exceeds expectations.  This is like WT 101 with the good barrel influences turned up, and the burn turned down.

Had a great weekend but not much bourbon. Mostly wine.

But I did get a chance to be at the local bar that I had a pour of Al Young's 50th over a week ago. I had another pour and this pour tasted better than what I remember of the previous pour. Maybe the bottle has had some time to open up. It was opened for me when I had that previous pour and from looking at the level, no one's had it since. 

Also had mostly OF1920 with ice nightcaps last few nights. Enjoying one now.

Got back at 11p after the 300 mi drive home from dropping my daughter off at Chapel Hill. Feeling good about her beginning her college career. Enjoying a special WLW 16 on a special day. 

IMG_3130.JPG

9 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Got back at 11p after the 300 mi drive home from dropping my daughter off at Chapel Hill. Feeling good about her beginning her college career. Enjoying a special WLW 16 on a special day. 

IMG_3130.JPG

Very nice pour!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.