What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Funny, yesterday the first pour of this RY10SB was very spicy to me.  Today, it's doing all the right bourbon things with vanilla and caramel notes.  It's a dryish finish still, but very enjoyable on a crisp Midwest evening.

5 hours ago, Kepler said:

Old Forester flavors, as in green apple or hints of lightish fruit? That's usually the unique characteristic I normally get from OF/WR products. Or are you talking about something else?  Either way, all this talk about JDSiBBP makes me think I need to open up mine and give it a whirl for the first time.

I'd call it lightish fruit. Sometimes in cobbler form. It's the common DNA you pick up in all OF and Woodford products.

Last few days, Knob, WT Kentucky Spirit, Yamazaki 12 from 2008, 2011 WLW, etc.        But the best and most interesting is puzzle for memory It is the first batch of Jefferson's Very Very Old.  At eh time speculation ran from Elijah to Pappy wheat.  It does taste to me something like an SW but not wheat.  Anybody remember what this might have been?

Enjoying a pour of Barrell bourbon batch 11. Good stuff

Yes it is!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went to Finn's Southern Kitchen in Louisville last night for dinner with some friends.  Reservation for 7:00, got seated, no one even looked at our table for 20 minutes, talked to the hostess, another 5 minutes, no service, talked to the manager.  She apologized and said appetizers and first round of drinks.  Limited bourbon list but they did have Blanton's sooooooo.  Food was really good and decided to have peach cobbler for dessert which paired well with an OF Brown Sugar Old Fashioned.

20 hours ago, Insanityabounds said:

Not Bourbon but I found this Macallan 12 moving some boxes I had stashed at my parents a few years ago. Its been quite a while since I have had any but the color in the glass is amazing. The smell and taste are pretty great too. To think some NDP/NAS Bourbons are being priced in almost the same category as this now days is amazing to me.

Don't forget that color is often added in Scottish malt. It's not against the rules for scotch.

33 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

Don't forget that color is often added in Scottish malt. It's not against the rules for scotch.

It's not against the rules but I'm pretty sure Macallan has been adamant that they don't do it. 

Well I was enjoying a pour of Captain Morgan Coconut ;) but I will attribute that transgression with the Nats poor play today.  So I'll up my game and go with some 4R SiB to things back on track.

Edited by DCFan

19 hours ago, flahute said:

It's a hot day so........

IMG_0722.JPG

Steve, you are a true inspiration.  Or, perhaps you are truly inspiring.  Whatever, I just put a glass in the freezer.

20 minutes ago, DCFan said:

Well I was enjoying a pour of Captain Morgan Coconut ;) but I will attribute that transgression with the Nats poor play today.  So I'll up my game and go with some 4R SiB to things back on track.

GAME NOT OVER!  DO NOT CHANGE SEATS!  My bad news - I'm sipping on that seemingly endless Old Crow 750 and am afraid to change bourbons.

3 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

GAME NOT OVER!  DO NOT CHANGE SEATS!  My bad news - I'm sipping on that seemingly endless Old Crow 750 and am afraid to change bourbons.

Well they picked up a couple but this ump is going to drive me to drink.

Just finished my yard work... time to cool down on the patio. I'm sitting back here with my dogs, enjoying a humble "bump and a beer". Sipping a shot of EWBIB and chasing it with a can of Tecate. 

A shade under 8 years but still delicious. 

IMG_2925.JPG

Edited by Mako254

19 minutes ago, DCFan said:

Well they picked up a couple but this ump is going to drive me to drink.

This ump is WHY is started on the Old Crow;  By the second inning, I was already in a bad mood and figured . . .

EDIT - ALSO, it seems that when we post on SB, the Nats do well.  From down 5-1 to down 5-4 with one out and men on 2 and 3.  Michael Taylor is making my day.

Edited by Harry in WashDC

Just now, Harry in WashDC said:

This ump is WHY is started on the Old Crow;  By the second inning, I was already in a bad mood and figured . . .

The boys are coming back. We got this one. ;)

57 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Steve, you are a true inspiration.  Or, perhaps you are truly inspiring.  Whatever, I just put a glass in the freezer.

Don't forget to put the OGD in fridge. It's an unbeatable combo. Careful though - it goes down REALLY fast.

I have been enjoying a blend of ECBP A117 and EC NAS.  I like this batch of ECBP well enough and I found this batch of EC NAS to be exceptional.  Since I proof down to 105 to 110 any way, this blend is a natural. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.