What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

Don't forget that color is often added in Scottish malt. It's not against the rules for scotch.

You're correct it is not against their rules. Macallan, along with many others, claim to use no coloring. Cheers!

Edited by Insanityabounds

3 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

It's not against the rules but I'm pretty sure Macallan has been adamant that they don't do it. 

Some of the European bottles say they dont have coloring due to certain Countries regulations, I believe. 

Having OF Sig w/multi splash of Dant BIB. Plum and glove leather backed with brown sugar. I'm doing this one on the rocks. I'm following this up with a nuther. 

Edited by FacePlant

Had the chance to try a pour of the Al Young. Good stuff, little burn for the proof, but not as much flavor as I expected, and can't see paying retail for it (if I could even find one). If I could find a bottle of the Elliot Select, well, that would be a diffetent matter...

Earlier today I finished off a great bottle of CEHT SiB, and now I am enjoying a glass of RY10 while waiting on Game of Thrones to start.

Finished off some Old Forester 1870, followed by some WTRB 108. Enjoyed while watching Game of Thrones season finale with wife.

Pat

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:20 PM, Kepler said:

Instead of the 1920 we need it to be the 1897 BiB for a fair fight.  Would be nice to know what the extra $$$ gets you, probably better aged juice.

While I agree that the 1897 BiB would have made it a fairer fight, the reason I included the 1920 in the SxSxS was because it struck me immediately on tasting the new label OF100 that it reminded me of the flavors I get with the OF1920. I also consider the 1920 one of my top 5 bourbons and so I was personally interested to see how the OF100 @ $25 a fifth held up head to head against the $60 1920 offering.

9 hours ago, flahute said:

Don't forget to put the OGD in fridge. It's an unbeatable combo. Careful though - it goes down REALLY fast.

Well of course. I mean, you can't let it get warm!!!

Had a nice pour of Blanton's Gold after doing some work at my in-laws. Sanded a iron gate for there driveway down before painting. Sweeped out there cellar.

Time for a Blanton's Gold.

7ee3446c49e4eef44091584071cf4706.jpg

35 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Had a nice pour of Blanton's Gold after doing some work at my in-laws. Sanded a iron gate for there driveway down before painting. Sweeped out there cellar.

Time for a Blanton's Gold.

Very nice!  

On 8/25/2017 at 10:43 PM, kemosabe said:

Unfortunately, I bought the bottle 100 miles from here, or I would grab another tomorrow.  Tastes as good as a 4R LE I've had before.

You say that as if it would be unusual to travel 100mi for a prized 4Rprivate selection B)

Watched the end of the 49er's Viking's game while enjoying a pour of RY 10 SiB.

Grandpa Weller's 4 Grain straight out of the fridge - neat in the Yeti.  Slapped some split chicken breasts on the Weber to slowly cook with Chinese BBQ sauce; put some shrooms, Vidalia onions, summer squash and zuchinni in foil to steam with the chicken - YUM.  Another beautiful, cool night in New England.  Global warming - HA!   :P

Having a pour from my bourbon solera blend bottle...pretty darn tasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sipping on RY 10 SiB, this one is from last years release, really enjoying it. Getting that musty basement maybe kind of mushroom thing that I associate with my early days of drinking bourbon 15-20 years ago, especially good old WT101.  Funny enough I also get that from another Luxco product OE7 101, but here it has a bit more richness and fruitiness to back it up. might have to crack one of this years bottles to see how they stack up.

Had the last couple of pours out of a bottle of Belle Meade sour mash single barrel store pick. This is a really good pick. This is my second bottle and have a few more bunkered. Ended the night with some KCSB SP. 

Also had some HMBiB and KCSB SP over the past couple of nights. 

I got home from work today, did a couple of things on my to do list, then finally settled in with a couple of small pours of BT. BT seems to never disappoint me. Since I haven't had any bourbon in a couple of days, it's tasting even mo' better this evening. :D 

Cheers! Joe

I'm having some Old Fitz BIB with an 09 on the bottom of the bottle.  It came from a store with some older inventory.  This is a really good batch.  It tastes older than some other batches I've tried.  This particular bottle beats Larceny for me.

Whelp I ended up on a Monday night Wheater deep dive had a taste of OF Prime earlier and after my last post I did in fact crack one of this years RY 10 SiB and enjoyed my first pour out of the bottle, I wouldn't say better or worse than last years but definitely a little different, a bit more fruit and baking spices and less of that musty taste, future tastings are in order for more scholarly evaluation.  After those pours I had small pours of Lot B and ORVW, I will say I enjoyed Lot B more than I have in the past though it would still be my last choice, Old Rip definitely delivered. I need to take the opportunity to revisit these blind. Closing out with some OWA.

24 minutes ago, 0895 said:

The only "right" answer is Yes to all three. :)

Ended up with a couple pours of 11 year old OBSO. 

IMG_2946.JPG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.