What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thanks! Ribs were excellent and the bourbon matched nicely.

Enjoy yours. KCSB is a cracking pour.

You guys making me hungry and thirsty!

Soon to be enjoying a little of each of these tonight.  Having some friends over to watch some college football and drink some bourbon and other aged spirits.

IMG_6594.JPG

3 hours ago, beasled said:

Thanks! Ribs were excellent and the bourbon matched nicely.

Enjoy yours. KCSB is a cracking pour.

Glad to hear.

The family liked the shoulder just fine...not much leftovers.

...but I have much KCSB left...lol

1 hour ago, BigRich said:

Starting the evening with a finger of Rock Hill Farms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still looking for a bottle myself.  It is a ghost in my area, but tried it at a bar and loved it.

Had some WTRB, KCSiB PS & Johnny Drum while tailgating before the Louisville Clemson game.  Suffice to say that the bourbon was the highlight of the day.

27 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Had some WTRB, KCSiB PS & Johnny Drum while tailgating before the Louisville Clemson game.  Suffice to say that the bourbon was the highlight of the day.

Condolences on the tough game for you, but that's some very strong tailgating material there.  You should hold your head high.

Keeping my status as a member of the cult by enjoying a pour of OESQ. The future misses and I just got home from a concert (Turnpike Troubadours) that was 2 hours away. I had a 5 hour energy about 6 hours ago to make sure I was good for the drive home. I seldom consume caffeine, so I'm still wide awake. Thankfully I have plenty of juice to counter!

IMG_4105.JPG

Enjoying the last pours from a WT Kentucky Spirit, vintage 2007.  Good bottle, but not as good as some private picks I have tried. This one had some of that dusty bottle taste to it, whatever that is.  I've had better KS from 2007, but this one's tasting delicious tonight.

Edited by Kepler

7 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

member of the cult by enjoying a pour of OESQ

I think I will follow your lead.  OESV for me.  Delicious, this barrel hits a lot of notes. 

24 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

I think I will follow your lead.  OESV for me.  Delicious, this barrel hits a lot of notes. 

I've not had a PS of either of the Vs, but I love the standard 4R, so I'd like to pick up a PS of both. 

23 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

I've not had a PS of either of the Vs, but I love the standard 4R, so I'd like to pick up a PS of both. 

This OESV is very enjoyable.  It has improved with air.  I think I have had it open for about 9 months, it is now about half full.   I must admit, it is the only OESV I have tasted.  So as far as I know, they all maybe great.  I don't have a PS of OBSV open at this time, but I too enjoy the shelf version of OBSV and look forward to opening one soon. 

Cheers

Finishing up with a different 4R recipe, OBSO.

Enjoying what 4R has to offer, while watching recap of college football and F1 racing. Man I love this time of year. 

Another hotel lobby night, had a KC, and now sipping on a Bulleit. Meaning I've already exhausted their entire bourbon selection.

I think I paid about $35 incl shipping to get this bottle from Europe. It's an outstanding example of what the Turkey can produce.  I love it. 

IMG_3197.JPG

28 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

I think I paid about $35 incl shipping to get this bottle from Europe. It's an outstanding example of what the Turkey can produce.  I love it. 

IMG_3197.JPG

Cheers, would make that "investment" all day long!

IMG_3197.thumb.JPG.41e769bff951b21559339a53296a2be8.JPG

What? I'd buy a container load at that price.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.