What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A dash or two of heaven hill (yes, 80 proof, 3 yrs), followed by EWSB 2003, then James pepper 1776 bourbon,  closed with Stagg Jr from first release. 

RHF. Just opened. Truly a great definition of Bourbon. Rare around here. Glad o have this bottle 

Cheers

Last night was watching the Dawgs help ND shoot themselves in the foot at a neighbor's house. GD Barrel Select and an Old Scout BP Rye were what I drank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Just poured some 2014 SiB LE, I'm really digging it, quite smooth for the proof. 

Cheers! 

I also liked the 2014 = Good stuff.

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

I also liked the 2014 = Good stuff.

You can't go wrong with their limited editions, I've never had one that I didn't enjoy. Living in Europe, I don't have access to the  private selection which is sad, because those are pretty tasty too, hopefully, limited are available here. 

A little nightcap before going to bed, I know, not a bourbon, Jack Daniel's BP, quality stuff too, I need to buy another one soon. 

Cheers! 

Will

16 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

A little nightcap before going to bed, I know, not a bourbon, Jack Daniel's BP, quality stuff too, I need to buy another one soon. 

Cheers! 

Will

Any decent prices in Europe? UK prices are £100+ so not great..

21 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

I'm having my first pour of 4R Yellow (other than what I had at the distillery).i put it in the refrigerator last night. I must say I'm enjoying it. 

Second pic: Well, I'm set up for tonight's game. Boomer Sooner!

IMG_4095.JPG

IMG_4098.JPG

Now that is the way to take in college football.  Nice set up. 

I've been up in Whistler for a conference since Wednesday, just getting back. Since the bourbon selection stinks in Canada, I brought my own. A partial bottle of RRSiB (Total Wine store pick) made the journey and did not come back. Between the pre dinner pours and post dinner nightcaps, I finished it off and boy was I happy to have it.

18 hours ago, Kpiz said:

Drinking some Stagg Jr batch #1 with a small cube of ice. This stuff does not dilute well. It hits the spot (neat) when I'm in the mood for something high proof, but it seems to get worse as the proof comes down. I've been working on this bottle for a while now and am struggling to get through it. The remaining 1/4 of this bottle may be best used as the base for high-proof old fashioneds...

Duuuuude, you must not have seen my posts about how to make batch 1 tolerable. Dilute it with OC8 (if you have it there), BT, or ER10. Takes the sting out and rounds out the offensive notes. 

Sorry you've been trying to suffer through this one with only water! (As you know, it does not work). 

Having a healthy pour of ER10 as the early tropical storm force winds begin to arrive in my area.  The really "interesting" weather should be arriving over the next 6-8 hours.

Probably will be without power soon.  So, I'll catch up with you good folks when civilization returns!

ER for Irma.jpg

1 hour ago, Swamp55 said:

Having a healthy pour of ER10 as the early tropical storm force winds begin to arrive in my area.  The really "interesting" weather should be arriving over the next 6-8 hours.

Probably will be without power soon.  So, I'll catch up with you good folks when civilization returns!

ER for Irma.jpg

Hunker down and be safe, Gator.  Check back in when you can.  Baker's in my glass  while thinking of y'all.

3 hours ago, Swamp55 said:

ER for Irma.jpg

Stay safe!

Duuuuude, you must not have seen my posts about how to make batch 1 tolerable. Dilute it with OC8 (if you have it there), BT, or ER10. Takes the sting out and rounds out the offensive notes. 
Sorry you've been trying to suffer through this one with only water! (As you know, it does not work). 

This a great blend. I have some old OC 8yr I believe ND non BT distilled stuff. It's great stuff, can only imagine what it would be like at a higher proof. I really don't care for Stagg Jr. But the extra proof points goes very well with OC8.

59b5bd0128016_ERforIrma.thumb.jpg.2b71c73c9492218b2fe12400c663b2de.jpg

Keep your head down and stay dry. Hopefully Florida has its infrastructure laid out better than Houston.

Gah, that sounds familiar now that you mention it. Thanks for the reminder. No OC8 in these parts but I almost always have some ER10 open, so I'll try that blend this week. Strange stuff this batch 1...

5 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Hunker down and be safe, Gator.  Check back in when you can.  Baker's in my glass  while thinking of y'all.

3 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Stay safe!

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Keep your head down and stay dry. Hopefully Florida has its infrastructure laid out better than Houston.

Thanks for the thoughts. guys.  Irma has now mainly passed by the Tampa Bay area and I am still here, and still working on that bottle of ER10!

The maximum winds here were "only" Category 1 Hurricane force, much lower than had been feared would happen as recently as yesterday.  All it took was a slight path deviation to the east today to spare my area the worst of the storm.  Incredibly, I currently even still have electric power!  (Knock on wood...)

Of course, the folks in the Keys, and those in the Marco Island and Naples areas got clobbered badly.  And, many others elsewhere in the state will have suffered significant losses, no doubt.  Best of luck to all my fellow Floridians.

ER Radar.jpg

12 hours ago, beasled said:

Any decent prices in Europe? UK prices are £100+ so not great..

Sadly, i can't find it cheaper than that, it's a shame because it's very good, the best of the JD line. 

Will.

Was in Galena Il golfing this weekend, & we stopped into Blaum Bros. Had a generous pour of their 10 yr CS. Aged 7 yrs at MGP & 3 yrs onsite. Excellent stuff, similar to Old Scout.

20170909_190343.jpg

24 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Was in Galena Il golfing this weekend, & we stopped into Blaum Bros. Had a generous pour of their 10 yr CS. Aged 7 yrs at MGP & 3 yrs onsite. Excellent stuff, similar to Old Scout.

20170909_190343.jpg

Does that say "The Oldest Straight Bourbon Whiskey We Never Distilled" if so kudos to them.

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

Does that say "The Oldest Straight Bourbon Whiskey We Never Distilled" if so kudos to them.

It does. Blaum Bros have always been upfront that it's not their juice (yet, still aging). The name "Knotter Bourbon" is tongue-in-cheek nod to "Not Our Bourbon".

It does. Blaum Bros have always been upfront that it's not their juice (yet, still aging). The name "Knotter Bourbon" is tongue-in-cheek nod to "Not Our Bourbon".

Talk about timing. I saw this post earlier today and then what did I happen to see at one of my favorite liquor stores? Blaum Bros. Knotter Bourbon 10yr CS. At $78 for a bottle though, I decided to pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.