What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finished my honey-do list. Sitting in the shade with a Montecristo, FR PS OESK and some Stillwater On Fleek Imperial Stout.  Cheers. I love Sundays.

Thoroughly enjoying my dinner and moreso what I washed it down with.

20170625_173304_zpstxe3nnvf.jpeg

Cracked open a KCSB store select (15 yr Jeff Prewitt Barrel 4018 from Old Town Liquors in Louisville). It's the most oily, mouth coating KCSB I've had and it's really nice. Long finish, lots of oak of course, but well balanced with baking spices, pepper, and some citrus. I wish I had bought a second bottle of this. Can't wait to see how it opens with some air.

3 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Thoroughly enjoying my dinner and moreso what I washed it down with.

20170625_173304_zpstxe3nnvf.jpeg

Especially since you stood in line for that bottle. ;) What batch is it?  I am ready for another bottle of Stagg Jr.

6 hours ago, El Vino said:

Finished my honey-do list. Sitting in the shade with a Montecristo, FR PS OESK and some Stillwater On Fleek Imperial Stout.  Cheers. I love Sundays.

My honey-do list was quite long this weekend. :mellow: I am enjoy a few solid pours but nothing like you are enjoying.  Experimenting with KC blends - Bourbon/Rye.  All are very nice but not on the order of FR PS OESK.

Really glad I took another pour of this one it's fantastic a EC SB selection, 10yr. Whipped it out while packing away some filets I found on special.

Afterwards had a small pour of a barrel of HMcK10 I really liked but preferred the EC. Doubtful but will try to get another bottle of this.

bde5cc7446cf6ce2337d01ccc09580fe.jpg

Going back to this store pick of WTKS that I got during a trip to Kentucky. Fantastic

Spoiler

Really enjoyed polishing this off for $6/USD a pour in Hong Kong. 

IMG_3799.JPG

Edited by Jkersh

Got a wild hair and started with some Baby Saz. I don't go rye very often. It was so so tonight. Palate just not into it I guess. Switched up to JDSiB Barrel Proof. Now we're talking. Fantastic. Forgot how good this was. Finishing with a WFE 11yr from Hi-Time from a few years ago. It's a night of oddities.

After my delicious dinner last night my son and I opened the two PS from John O's we picked up on Friday.  Started with his WR which he enjoyed more than I did.  Nosed and tasted some mint up front with a dry baking spice finish.  He really enjoyed it but I thought the finish was a bit flat (he likes spicier pours).  Moved on to my KC SiB 13+y.o.  Not quite as good as the now famous barrel #3094 but still very good.  Little bit more fruit up front and slightly more oakey than my other PS bottles of KC.  Probably going to have to go back and pick up another bottle for the bunker, especially since they had it for $41.99.

I went to a BBQ competition this past Saturday. A buddy that is part of our local bourbon cigar group had a team competing, so a few of us went to show our support. After the judging, one of their competitors noticed my BT shirt, and asked if I wanted to try something. Who am I to turn down free booze? :P It turns out they had a bottle of Bennett Mill Bourbon from the Fox Valley Distillery in Geneva Illinois. I was skeptical, but graciously had a pour. I was surprised. Being from a craft distillery, I knew it had to be young, but it actually wasn't too bad. It tasted a heckuva lot better than most craft bourbons I've had.

Saturday night I decided on a pour of ER. My son looked at the bottle and asked if I had it bottled especially for me. :huh: I said no and asked him why. The third picture below says it all.;)

FWIW, our friend Hank's team did well. They took 1st place in chicken, 7th in ribs, 15th in brisket, and sadly didn't place in pulled pork. They took 12th place overall out of 42 teams. Not bad.

Cheers! Joe

Pic#1. Bennett Mill. Sorry, but this is the best pic I could come up with.

Pic#2. My bottle of ER

Pic#3.  The back of  my ER bottle 

bm.jpeg

j2.jpeg

j3.jpeg

One more night in this home. Edited the move. I'll finish off a Blanton's SFTB tonight and who knows about tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Really glad I took another pour of this one it's fantastic a EC SB selection, 10yr. Whipped it out while packing away some filets I found on special.

Which EC BP were you drinking?

I wouldn't say I'm enjoying it, but I'm manning up and drinking it.

The only 375ml I've ever been thankful wasn't bigger...   :)

IMAG2147_1.jpg

29 minutes ago, Hop said:

One more night in this home. Edited the move. I'll finish off a Blanton's SFTB tonight and who knows about tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck with the move.  What's the first pour in the new house?

8 minutes ago, El Vino said:

Good luck with the move.  What's the first pour in the new house?

first bottle out the first box no matter what it is - I'm sure I'll need it by that point... :) 

Which EC BP were you drinking?

It was the Poison Girl pick. At first I only thought it was so so. Last night it was wonderful.

I have to get up tomorrow (TUES 27JUN2017) at zero dark thirty AM and go get my quarterly haircut.  Hence, I am limiting my intake to something spectacular to me - 2 measured oz. of JosAMag Cigar Blend with a very small cube (proof down from 100.7 to about 95) which sat until the ice was melted while the aroma filled the room, making me sort of indifferent to whether the Nats actually beat the Cubs tonight.

On 6/25/2017 at 9:47 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Especially since you stood in line for that bottle. ;) What batch is it?  I am ready for another bottle of Stagg Jr.

Couldn't find a batch number but it is 129.5 proof  . . .  and worth standing in line for. :)

17 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I have to get up tomorrow (TUES 27JUN2017) at zero dark thirty AM and go get my quarterly haircut.  Hence, I am limiting my intake to something spectacular to me - 2 measured oz. of JosAMag Cigar Blend with a very small cube (proof down from 100.7 to about 95) which sat until the ice was melted while the aroma filled the room, making me sort of indifferent to whether the Nats actually beat the Cubs tonight.

Mind if I join you?

Truly a very special pour indeed.

Drinks like a sweet rye to me, with complexity and spice that's off the charts.

All the magnus juice has been great for me.

IMAG2148.jpg

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

It was the Poison Girl pick. At first I only thought it was so so. Last night it was wonderful.

That's awesome. Glad you're enjoying it.

2 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Wild Turkey Rare Breed while in the Smoky Mountains for a week.

IMG_5861.JPG

IMG_5862.JPG

If your going to be there a week, might I suggest a bigger bottle!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.