Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 3.0 (The Subliminal Verses)

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was organizing the garage, and thought I'd snap a few pics while I had them out.

Here is most of the stash (and a pic of the currently opens....)

There''s not as much as I thought.... Perhaps I do not have a problem !!!! :grin:

DSCN0017.jpg

DSCN0019.jpg

DSCN0020.jpg

DSCN0015-1.jpg

DSCN0016.jpg

Scott - I'll be in INdy for the Moto GP -- I'm working up a sipping list from the photos. :grin:

Good pics of a great stash Scott. Cheers to you and all that good stuff. :grin: Joe

Nice collection Scott...I'm sure I could find a way to make time to sample a few of those next week while I'm in Indy...of course I need to make sure the quality of bourbon is the same in Indiana as it is in Illinois! :D

Scott - I'll be in INdy for the Moto GP -- I'm working up a sipping list from the photos. :grin:

you are assuming I'll still have them then....:cool:

Nice collection Scott...I'm sure I could find a way to make time to sample a few of those next week while I'm in Indy...of course I need to make sure the quality of bourbon is the same in Indiana as it is in Illinois! :D

I understand.....:grin: Someone has to do it, right.....:skep: :grin:

Here's mine, though a couple are now opened. This was right before the end of Lent....

post-5778-14489816548466_thumb.jpg

This photo is from a few months ago. Since this photo I've added Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, and the BT White Dog.

post-2613-14489816549713_thumb.jpg

post-2613-14489816549713_thumb.jpg

BeakerBoy - have you tried that BT Cream Liqueur...if so what's it like??

Cheers

Scott

This photo is from a few months ago. Since this photo I've added Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, and the BT White Dog.

It seems that all your bottles so far are from BT. :skep: Wonder why that is? :slappin: Joe

BeakerBoy - have you tried that BT Cream Liqueur...if so what's it like??

Cheers

Scott

I managed to snag a bottle of BT cream liqueur for my wife for our last anniversary (among other things). She really, really enjoyed it. I didn't have it many times but it was awesome in coffee, and it was very good just neat. The bourbon really came through and I found it much more enjoyable than irish cream liqueur.

If it was something that I could pick up at my local liquor store, it would have a permanent place in my fridge.

It seems that all your bottles so far are from BT. :skep: Wonder why that is? :slappin: Joe

I can't tell from the picture, but the charter BIB 7 year could actually be a Louisville?

I think the Old Charter is from Louisville. I wanted a BIB bourbon in my collection and this is the one I grabbed.

The bourbon cream is great! My wife loves the smell of bourbon, but not so much the taste . The cream is a good balance, more like a bourbon ball than a tumbler of whiskey. The bottle tag has a recipe for a bourbon cream milkshake that we've made a few times; I think it's cream liqueur, chocolate syrup, ice cream, and milk.

• 3 weeks later...

Since I had a bunch of stuff already on the table. I thought I would make it a party and bring all of the Van Winkles together for a reunion.

post-3020-14489816599969_thumb.jpg

post-3020-14489816599969_thumb.jpg

Wowza! That's on tasty table of beverage, anyone for poker? :grin:

There's a bumper pool table underneath, and a poker table on the underside. The table itself is made of whiskey barrels. 300 bucks on craigslist.

Since I had a bunch of stuff already on the table. I thought I would make it a party and bring all of the Van Winkles together for a reunion.

Very nice!! I also love the van winkle line the most.

Is that also a van winkle decanter in the front? Those doesn't come with any SW juice right.

Cheers

--Hugh

Is that also a van winkle decanter in the front? Those doesn't come with any SW juice right.

I bought it not long ago. Still on the shelf from 1976, unopened. I opened it and got it out of the decanter right away, and I have about 600ml left. It is most definitely SW juice, and it's really good. It has a lot in common with the current PVW20 I think.

I see. Interesting. Another source of SW juice. Would you mind saying how much was it?

I see. Interesting. Another source of SW juice. Would you mind saying how much was it?

Just under 50 bucks in tax-free Delaware. Supposedly there are a lot more where that came from, but I haven't been able to get the store owner to show me his "warehouse". In the store there are probably 4000-5000 decanters of all different bourbons, but only 1 ORVW that I noticed.

There are lots of Beam and Wild Turkey decanters. Anything special I should keep my eye out for?

That's one thing I found odd and very enjoyable about the old OF/ORVW decanters, the whiskey in the ones I've had has only been like 6 or 7 years old but the taste and mouth feel is closer to PVW20 than any other SW expressions I've had, it doesn't really have the wood but pretty much everything else is there. They say whiskey in porcelain is no good because it will get tainted so I guess we could just be really lucky considering the age of these decanters. I wonder if I've just jinxed whatever OF/VW decanter I open next...

• jbutler locked this topic
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!