jbutler

Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 4

CardsandBourbon   
CardsandBourbon
15 minutes ago, km1589 said:

Doing some basement work paint and building a bar finished my cabinet this weekend and got the bottles I want in it pretty happy how it turned out. Now just to build the bar and get it stocked. 

IMG_0825.JPG

IMG_0749.JPG

Please oh please tell us you have that securely anchored to the wall. :blink:

km1589   
km1589
20 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Please oh please tell us you have that securely anchored to the wall. :blink:

it is very secure and the old refrigerator in the first picture has already been moved underneath it as well. So should be safe

jvd99   
jvd99
1 hour ago, km1589 said:

it is very secure and the old refrigerator in the first picture has already been moved underneath it as well. So should be safe

If those shelves give out, the fridge won't do anything to avert disaster.  There's a cautionary tale a few pages back showing the before and after photos of some unfortunate PVW that used to reside on an insufficiently sturdy top shelf.  

kemosabe   
kemosabe
17 hours ago, km1589 said:

Doing some basement work paint and building a bar finished my cabinet this weekend and got the bottles I want in it pretty happy how it turned out. Now just to build the bar and get it stocked. 

IMG_0825.JPG

IMG_0749.JPG

You've got some good looking bottles there.  4R, EC, and Weller = not too shabby.

km1589   
km1589
1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

You've got some good looking bottles there.  4R, EC, and Weller = not too shabby.

Thank you! I am pretty happy with what I have! 

kemosabe   
kemosabe

After some searching through my bar, and few cabinets & closets, I pulled together all the bunker bottles for an inventory and sanity check.  I know - I don't have enough open bottles.  I usually never have more than 5-6 bottles open at once.  1 premium, 1 wheater, 1 lower end, 1 CEHT SmB, 1 from Heaven Hill & 1 FRPS.   Those are @ a dozen ECBP & a dozen EC12 that I bought in 2013 when I figured $18 for a 12 year old bourbon was an incredible value.

I have 2 teenage kids - so I can't display the bunker in the house.  I'd hate to have some kids sneak a bottle of 4RLE away for a party or something.

Bourbon Bunk.JPG

JCwhammie   
JCwhammie
11 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

After some searching through my bar, and few cabinets & closets, I pulled together all the bunker bottles for an inventory and sanity check.  I know - I don't have enough open bottles.  I usually never have more than 5-6 bottles open at once.  1 premium, 1 wheater, 1 lower end, 1 CEHT SmB, 1 from Heaven Hill & 1 FRPS.   Those are @ a dozen ECBP & a dozen EC12 that I bought in 2013 when I figured $18 for a 12 year old bourbon was an incredible value.

I have 2 teenage kids - so I can't display the bunker in the house.  I'd hate to have some kids sneak a bottle of 4RLE away for a party or something.

Bourbon Bunk.JPG

Damn.

Gorzo   
Gorzo
3 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Bourbon Bunk.JPG

I hope this is what heaven looks like.