Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 4

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

20 hours ago, Gorzo said:

I hope this is what heaven looks like.

I hope there is Wild Turkey in heaven if not I'll go wherever the Wild Turkey is

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

I hope there is Wild Turkey in heaven if not I'll go wherever the Wild Turkey is

Preach.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to organize the cabinet, the wife gave away to me half of cabinet for me to stock my bottles. Thank Sweetie ( doesn’t matter she’s not reading it anyway) but it’s nice from here. It was not easy, need some arrangements. 

7B12FEBD-015E-46AE-A5E3-FDA1D9C97F66.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Trying to organize the cabinet, the wife gave away to me half of cabinet for me to stock my bottles. Thank Sweetie ( doesn’t matter she’s not reading it anyway) but it’s nice from here. It was not easy, need some arrangements. 

Very nice sir!

7B12FEBD-015E-46AE-A5E3-FDA1D9C97F66.thumb.jpeg.6068e6e128853d51d92e46af391c8a37.jpeg

A lot of solid stuff I think I'll help you make some shelf room starting with that bottom shelf!

Curious for a guy in Europe and one who appears to like full proof pours why no Blanton's SFTB? People in the US go nuts for it and it's relatively easy to find there.

3 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Very nice. I like!

Blanton's Gold - Delicious. Dare I say, better then SFTB? Extremely nuanced, massively delicate. A real treasure. 

Edited by Government Beard
For the watch

4 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Wish you could organize getting that WT12 to the US

1 hour ago, Government Beard said:

Very nice. I like!

Blanton's Gold - Delicious. Dare I say, better then SFTB? Extremely nuanced, massively delicate. A real treasure. 

IMO Gold is the clear winner over SFTB

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

A lot of solid stuff I think I'll help you make some shelf room starting with that bottom shelf!

Curious for a guy in Europe and one who appears to like full proof pours why no Blanton's SFTB? People in the US go nuts for it and it's relatively easy to find there.

The SFTB is pretty great, need to buy another, but i'm gonna finish the Gold first which pretty nice too. Like you said, it's easy to find here, my only liquor store has them, €69 a bottle. it's mostly because it's available that i don't feel the urge to stock up on this one. Thx for the proposition about clearing the bottom shelf, could need some help though ;-). If you want, when you'll come to Europe next year, we could trade one or two bottles available in Europe against some store picks from the US which are easy to find for you ??

9 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Very nice. I like!

Thx! 

Both are delicious, when my Gold is empty, i'll buy a SFTB next. If I have to compare them, the Gold is less hot, cheaper. The SFTB needs oxidation to shine, it has more depth than the Gold. Both are great products.

8 hours ago, Gorzo said:

Wish you could organize getting that WT12 to the US

Wish i could get some more, it becomes very hard to get those. I traded two bottles with a Texan fellow for some SOAS SB CS bourbon. 

18 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Nice stash.  I'd be a happy man if I could always have those bottles on hand.

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

Nice stash.  I'd be a happy man if I could always have those bottles on hand.

Thx man! 

2 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Thx man! 

That is quite a stash, congrats.  Living in Belgium are your bourbon purchases mostly online?

The SFTB is pretty great, need to buy another, but i'm gonna finish the Gold first which pretty nice too. Like you said, it's easy to find here, my only liquor store has them, €69 a bottle. it's mostly because it's available that i don't feel the urge to stock up on this one. Thx for the proposition about clearing the bottom shelf, could need some help though ;-). If you want, when you'll come to Europe next year, we could trade one or two bottles available in Europe against some store picks from the US which are easy to find for you ??

Very logical explanation for no SFTB. We'll have to discuss, trades in private. Only thing I can think of something you'd probably not be interesting in giving up like Wild Turkey 8.

4 hours ago, DCFan said:

That is quite a stash, congrats.  Living in Belgium are your bourbon purchases mostly online?

Exclusively online, a few bottles come from trade (fair trade) 

19 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Exclusively online, a few bottles come from trade (fair trade) 

I don't wish to derail the thread BUT had a question: I will be in the Netherlands early next year and if you know any go to places for all things whisky/whiskey/bourbon I would be much obliged if you sent me a line.

Cheers.

15 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Very logical explanation for no SFTB. We'll have to discuss, trades in private. Only thing I can think of something you'd probably not be interesting in giving up like Wild Turkey 8.

i'll pm you

10 hours ago, Government Beard said:

I don't wish to derail the thread BUT had a question: I will be in the Netherlands early next year and if you know any go to places for all things whisky/whiskey/bourbon I would be much obliged if you sent me a line.

Cheers.

Sure, i'll pm you

• I like it 1

Up to 58 bottles. Got a few on the weed out list to free up room. 

A lot of evan williams SB 05-09

lots of four roses barrel picks

lots of mash bill 2

IMG_3289.JPG

• I like it 1

47 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Up to 58 bottles. Got a few on the weed out list to free up room. 

A lot of evan williams SB 05-09

lots of four roses barrel picks

lots of mash bill 2

IMG_3289.JPG

Nice!!

Go easy on me, I am still lacking many "big name" bourbons like the Papys and BTAC other than WLW.  But I drink all of my bourbons (probably more often than I should).  My tastes should be easy to discern from this collection.  Yes, I am a MGP and Buffalo Trace whore.  I strongly prefer barrel proofs to anything else....but CEHT BIB's are pretty good too.

2x Micthers Toasted Rye
1x Angels Envy (worst bourbon I own, IMHO)

1x Makers cask strength

1x 120 proof 4rsb store pick

1x 100 proof 4r store pick

1x 13yr store pick knob creek

1x ecbp

1x SAOS 10yr 121 proof (in the old grand dad bottle)

3x SAOS single barrel 118 proof 

1x SAOS single barrel 108 proof

2x SAOS Ten 100 proof (low rye)

1x OKI Single Barrel 120 Proof (same juice as SAOS)

1x William Larue Weller

1x CEHT Barrel Proof

2x CEHT Single Barrel

4x CEHT Small Batch

1x CEHT Straight Rye

1x SAOS American Whiskey (2nd worst pour I own)

3x WFE 3yr Rye

2x Old Forester Statesman

2x Stagg Jr

1x Weller SR 1.75l

1x Henry McKenna BIB

1x OF1920 Prohibition (amazing)

1x McKenzie (finger lakes)

1x EC12

1x Russel Reserve

1x 1792 Full Proof

1x Jim Beam Distiller's Masterpiece Sherry Cask Finished

20171008_223411 (1).jpg

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:52 AM, Gorzo said:

I hope this is what heaven looks like.

Heaven for climate, Hell for society... :D

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.