What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

16 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Old Ezra is not one I've had but I do like HH stuff. 

I cant get enough rock hill farms right now. I get this candied cherries/ almost like a cherry sno-cone thing. Good stuff. 

OE 101 7yr may be an acquired taste.  As I posted months ago on an other thread, I bought a bottle while it was being discussed on SB because (A) it was cheap ($20 or less per 750) and (II) I'd never tried it.  I fell in love with the mushroom, Fall leaf mold, earthy, charcoal, wet garden glove, etc., mixture it presents (pre-ZENTS. not PRESS-ents).  Funny you mention that cherry essence.  I could not place the sweet kick it gives me.  THANKS!!

RE: RHF - I bought one when I bought the OE101 7yr supra this thread.  YUM!

5 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

I agree. Let's not do that ;-)

i.e., let's not go back to the scholastic argument of whether JDB technically meets the definition of "bourbon" which it does.  I like that shadow thumb thing.  Is better than a new thread  fighting over nomenclature, and I don't have to type so much.B)  BTW, on the substance of your post - RE the JD barrel strength single barrels or whatever they are calling them, I agree: they are excellent.  Drinking these takes me back 45 years to when I discovered JD Black neat.

• I like it 3

Just picked up a store pick OWA 107. Was told by the manager that went to the back to get it I got the first bottle. 

D2054854-6231-4C1F-A772-FA97730C9B07.jpeg

These three for $126. The Pikesville was $35.95. That’s about $10 cheaper than back in STL. 

B47D979A-BD74-419E-8E17-595EDC447817.jpeg

I

18 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

These three for $126. The Pikesville was $35.95. That’s about $10 cheaper than back in STL. 

Nice !!! And you won't find those in STL. 

Edited by Gorzo

37 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Are those handles?

Very likely my last Bourbon purchase of the year lest I can get my hands on one of the 45,000 GTS coming in Nov. Bourbon prices are getting seriously crazy. These were $45/50 hardly two or three years ago, now, pushing a $100. Hope yall have had good hunting! Happy fall, Roll Tide! 

15073347010591191388257.jpg

You guys are some bad influences B)

But these are some bad hombres

Huzzah

59d84462427d1_unnamed4.thumb.jpg.59cb0ebb65fecf797bb25dd827665a9f.jpg

17 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

This reminds me that it's been a few years since we've had a multi-page, spirited and utterly pointless thread debating the JD "Is it, or isn't it?" question!  :lol:

Because it's been settled... nobody cares! :lol:

• I like it 2

Today I found out at what price point I'll buy EWSB.....$14.99. I've passed on these the last few years since the age has declined (and the quality, IMO) but when I saw the stack of cases and the sale price of $14.99 I figured, what the hell, buy a bottle. I did resist the urge, however, to open the bottle in my car, take a swig and see if I should go back to buy more. Maybe a mistake but I kinda doubt it

12 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Today I found out at what price point I'll buy EWSB.....$14.99. I've passed on these the last few years since the age has declined (and the quality, IMO) but when I saw the stack of cases and the sale price of $14.99 I figured, what the hell, buy a bottle. I did resist the urge, however, to open the bottle in my car, take a swig and see if I should go back to buy more. Maybe a mistake but I kinda doubt it

I pretty much quit buying it for the same reason Gary. I can get Mckenna bonded for the same money, which makes EWSB an easy pass. But, like you, I would be a buyer at $14.99.

I'm still an occasional buyer when I find EWSB bottles that are over 8 years old, which many of the later 2009 vintages are. I probably would have bought a case at that price.

42 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Finally picked these two up 

3B8A7F4D-B118-40BB-81B6-A830E540F0EA.jpeg

Wow! Was the 4 grain costly? Never seen in the wild!

4 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Wow! Was the 4 grain costly? Never seen in the wild!

It actually cost less than the BP did. A friend of mine found it and picked it up for me. 

1 hour ago, Radioyada said:

Finally picked these two up 

3B8A7F4D-B118-40BB-81B6-A830E540F0EA.jpeg

Damm, nice score. Been trying to fine one or both of those.

May have went a little overboard, but don't have to worry about Wellers for a while.  Was a 14hr round trip from home (STL) to find this stuff.  Wife's out of town and will never know.... life is good boyz!!!

IMG_0951.JPG

• I like it 1

12 minutes ago, Gorzo said:

May have went a little overboard, but don't have to worry about Wellers for a while.  Was a 14hr round trip from home (STL) to find this stuff.  Wife's out of town and will never know.... life is good boyz!!!

IMG_0951.JPG

Is this how every October/November is? Holy smokes!

Gotta stock up on OWA.  Never know how much you will need during eggnog season.

Edited by Gorzo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.