What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Those don't count! :P

:ph34r:sorry.. thought i might sneak them in on a technicality. I bet theyre gonna be good though

6 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

:ph34r:sorry.. thought i might sneak them in on a technicality. I bet theyre gonna be good though

Give us a review when you try them..in the beer thread. Ha.  I almost bought some of that HW BP when it hit stores. It had a lot of competition.

46 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I picked up the Willetized hope as it is as good as the High Westified they did in the past, that was a great beer especially for the $

I picked up some for the same reason.  I really enjoyed the HW version from last year.

Decided to do some Christmas shopping for the bunker/myself on the way home tonight. Left the store with 2 bottles of RY10, CETH SB and a bottle of store select KCSB. I figure these 4 bottles will help make things Merry and Bright!

• I like it 1

Dropped by my favorite local LS to pick up a couple Christmas gifts. They had just gotten a large shipment in and the proprietor said it included some Weller but just the Special Reserve. I figured WSR would be a great choice for a gift and went to grab a couple bottles... Ah, proprietor was mistaken... This shipment was all OWA! Took a few home with me for the bargain price of $25.99 a fifth.

• I like it 4

We went to a neighboring county board's lottery tonight.  They had 4 bottles of PVW, 1 bottle of OF Birthday,  case each of W107 and Blanton's.   Missed out on all but Blanton's but did pick up a few other items to replenish the bunker.    Even though my number wasn't drawn for any of the rare items, I do like the way the drawing was conducted. Everyone in attendance had an equal shot at winning and had to be in attendance.   Maybe next year.. 

image.jpg

Picked up 2 bottles of Blanton's today at my local Kroger. $52.99 a piece. They got in 3 cases this month! Definitely encouraging seeing that type of volume.

blantons.JPG

• I like it 2

Picked up 2 bottles of Blanton's today at my local Kroger. $52.99 a piece. They got in 3 cases this month! Definitely encouraging seeing that type of volume.
blantons.thumb.JPG.bd1ea3520416b668946f907503a25cc7.JPG

Yeah I've seen more Blanton's in the past month than I saw in the whole past year. Tis the season.
  • I like it 1

Picked up this BM SB and three bourbon county stout. 
428A7C0A-BF12-415C-9B59-CF1C2B045E6E.thumb.jpeg.17d9fa7317568f292daaad121979d45a.jpeg

Love that Belle Meade, smells of leather and old barn, yum!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Picked up a liter bottle of OWA at local wine shop for $40. Could of had a couple but left them for someone else to enjoy for the holiday. Wish more people would do that. Increasingly hard to find it at that price. Saw a bottle online going for $200! 

47 minutes ago, hugh jass said:

Picked up a liter bottle of OWA at local wine shop for $40. Could of had a couple but left them for someone else to enjoy for the holiday. Wish more people would do that. Increasingly hard to find it at that price. Saw a bottle online going for $200! 

Hugh, where is local? 

@Bnrhodes3 and I cleaned house at a local LS lottery tonight!

Between he and I (total of 5 people representing us) we walked away with 5 of the 12 bottles in the lottery... There was upwards of 50 people there

I ended up with an ETL and a PHC11!

I'll let Ben comment here on what he walked away with (he got called before me).

IMG_1503.thumb.JPG.b01314a420ae8dfb647bbc80cd5aeceb.JPG

All in all, it's been a good LE season... Got myself a GTS, THH, PHC11 and an ETL (sad that ETL has to be in lotteries now....)

Cheers!

Edited by Bourbon Fanatic
  • I like it 1

Picked up a bottle of David Nicholson 1843 for $18.99.  Figured it would be good to compare to an Old Fitz BIB that I recently acquired.

Edited by Golzee

Picked up an ECBP B517 today.  It's a little late but it finally hit VA.  Looks like it takes about 7 months to work it's way through VA ABC (got the A117 in August).

• I like it 1

25 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

Picked up an ECBP B517 today.  It's a little late but it finally hit VA.  Looks like it takes about 7 months to work it's way through VA ABC (got the A117 in August).

It takes AZ about 6 months. We won't see C917 (unfortunately) until about March, 2018. That'll put you at April - I'm so sorry...

Let me know your thoughts on the B517.

I'm waiting to get all 3 batches and trying them SBS :D

Cheers!

1 minute ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

It takes AZ about 6 months. We won't see C917 (unfortunately) until about March, 2018. That'll put you at April - I'm so sorry...

Let me know your thoughts on the B517.

I'm waiting to get all 3 batches and trying them SBS :D

Cheers!

I'll get to it eventually, but it's going to be a while.  Bar space is full right now and I've got at open bottle of Batch 9 up there currently.  The Batch 9 is really fantastic stuff.  The one nice thing about VA is that this is $55 (and was only $50 a few months ago).  

The guy behind me in line was buying some Christmas presents and asked me about the bottle.  Upon my recommendation he picked up a little present for himself.

8 hours ago, jodytek said:

Love that Belle Meade, smells of leather and old barn, yum!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

as long as the pigs arn't in there... ;)

15 hours ago, typf2 said:

blantons.JPG

Send me a picture of that coffee sign in the background.  That's hilarious!

@Bourbon Fanatic and I definitely did clean up tonight! It was the only local store raffle that I was aware of, and it took daily visits to the LS for 2 weeks to get raffle tickets, but it was a good end to my rough hunt this year. 

Won the Yamazaki in a charity lottery for foster kids last week and picked it up tonight, got the Lot B, Michter's 10yr Rye, and older W12 in the raffle tonight, and spotted the Willet 80 in TW when I was picking up a case of wine for my brother on the way home from the raffle. 

Now I have a lot more pours to share with friends and family! 

15138381167311446571724.jpg

• I like it 4

Found two Bookers Bluegill for $48 apiece out the door.  With the price hike it seemed like a pretty good deal.  This batch also gets decent reviews.  Anyone try it yet?

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, 0895 said:

Send me a picture of that coffee sign in the background.  That's hilarious!

Something I picked up for the wife. "Dear Coffee, I Love You. That Is All." I would like to find one that also says Bourbon instead of Coffee! haha

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.