What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Both of these were the lowest prices I have seen on either of these in some time (ever?) in NJ $69  & $79 respectively

IMG_20171217_172820377.jpg

• I like it 5

3 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

I finally finished my 2nd bachelors degree this week (this one in Nursing), so my wife threw a party for me. What kinda gift do my loving friends & family bring me? Booze of course! Note some progress was made on the wonderful Tullamore Dew 14 yr. Oh, I also got a coffee mug (not pictured).

20171217_143413.jpg

Just cracked my CBS this weekend, great stuff. Made a mistake not grabbing two.

Driving through KY on the way to see family and I had to stop to pick up a few bottles of HH BIB 6 year — there's of course no better value out there. Also grabbed a bottle of Old Bardstown BIB.

• I like it 1

43 minutes ago, NYCBourbon said:

Just cracked my CBS this weekend, great stuff. Made a mistake not grabbing two.

I couldnt find any, so I was lucky my friend gave me one of his (he picked 10).

• I like it 1

55 minutes ago, Government Beard said:

Picked this gift set up as a Christmas gift for a buddy.

huzzah

IMG_0459.thumb.JPG.6cbe78fafcac25b9c23b54f73f026427.JPG

We need to be buddies!

Just now, kevinbrink said:

We need to be buddies!

Sure what the hell. One finds as our stores are depleted by time ones acquitances would be become good friends

Edited by Government Beard
  • I like it 1

Been thinking about the Stagg jr for a while and finally bit the bullet, $64.00 otd. Stumbled upon the cream, bought it, then found out I overpaid by about $12.00

Stagg & Cream.jpg

4 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Both of these were the lowest prices I have seen on either of these in some time (ever?) in NJ $69  & $79 respectively

IMG_20171217_172820377.jpg

I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to try the barrel proof CEHT. Never seen it near me.

Enjoy!

Edited by Bourbon Fanatic
Spelling...

Super pumped about this one. Got a call before I went deer hunting Saturday that the liquor store was holding a bottle on Ohio's first private barrel for me. I haven't opened it yet will save it for something special. Things are looking up in Ohio we got two pappy lottery's this year and now a private barrel pick. 

IMG_20171216_195133.jpg

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Got in line at Liquor Barn yesterday and picked up the latest Stagg Jr.

Was there much of a crowd? The only thing that I was interested in was ETL, but wasn't available to attend.

16 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Picked this gift set up as a Christmas gift for a buddy.

huzzah

IMG_0459.thumb.JPG.6cbe78fafcac25b9c23b54f73f026427.JPG

Awesome gift! 

Since I struck out on the BTAC/PVW lotteries, consoled myself by picking up a single of OWA.  Just finished using half of it in a 1:1 SB with W12...  Should be good to go for New Years!

Picked up some of our new store pick of ER today that we selected at BT in early October this year. Was about 11y10m in age and It set some sort of land speed record for the store by essentially selling out in a day and a half! The fact that it was selling for about $30 and was pretty darn good (if I do say so myself!) probably didn't hurt!

5a38340dae4bd_BuffaloTrace1.jpg.0a250551d37afb9004a34e27795b60fa.jpg5a38341093ba0_BuffaloTrace2.jpg.c07e4e4ba48a1792fd5fe5f218b64778.jpg

The BT we picked that trip is due in some time this week. Don't think it will move quite that fast but this was a low yield barrel (not sure why. Higher up in the rickhouse I suppose) and it has fewer bottles than the ER did so who knows?

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Picked up some of our new store pick of ER today that we selected at BT in early October this year. Was about 11y10m in age and It set some sort of land speed record for the store by essentially selling out in a day and a half! The fact that it was selling for about $30 and was pretty darn good (if I do say so myself!) probably didn't hurt!

5a38340dae4bd_BuffaloTrace1.jpg.0a250551d37afb9004a34e27795b60fa.jpg5a38341093ba0_BuffaloTrace2.jpg.c07e4e4ba48a1792fd5fe5f218b64778.jpg

The BT we picked that trip is due in some time this week. Don't think it will move quite that fast but this was a low yield barrel (not sure why. Higher up in the rickhouse I suppose) and it has fewer bottles than the ER did so who knows?

"Oh boy, oh boy!" - Flounder   :D

8 hours ago, BamaGrad2005 said:

Was there much of a crowd? The only thing that I was interested in was ETL, but wasn't available to attend.

I was 35th in line I think.  There were probably 20 - 25 more behind me and some of the first people in line got back in line.  I thought about doing that but figured by the time it got back around to me there wouldn't be anything left that I was really interested in.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

The county near me that gets 3 or 4 private barrels a year often never puts them on the shelf.  They are spoken for before the barrel arrives.  I am fortunate to be able to get a bottle or two of each.  Would love for them the get a BT or ER private barrel. 

So much for my buying “hiatus”! Went to pick up the bourbon county beers and couldn’t leave without snagging a Hancocks and two W107! 

48C8F718-7795-472F-A138-8E09A7337D02.jpeg

• I like it 1

I picked up the Willetized hope as it is as good as the High Westified they did in the past, that was a great beer especially for the $

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.