What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well another first for me, some Wild Turkey KS store picks, works for me. 

Cheers!

Will

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, NDN98 said:

One of my favorite readily available bourbons.

IMG_6808.JPG

Is it me, an optical illusion, or is the neck of that bottle leaning to my right and/or off-center?  :blink:

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Is it me, an optical illusion, or is the neck of that bottle leaning to my right and/or off-center?  :blink:

It's not an optical illusion, you're just drunk. :D

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, CardsandBourbon said:

It's not an optical illusion, you're just drunk. :D

Heehee!   :lol: You may be right!  When I drink, my eyes get bloodshot, which tightens that damn scléral buckel.  No wonder I'm always banging into things on my right after too many cocktails! 

2 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Heehee!   :lol: You may be right!  When I drink, my eyes get bloodshot, which tightens that damn scléral buckel.  No wonder I'm always banging into things on my right after too many cocktails! 

Can you say scleral buckel in public.  I thought that was one of the 7 dirty words that George Carlin said you couldn't say on TV.:huh:

Finishing pour of an 8 1/2 yr BT Store Pick from Westport - just kept getting better as I poured.  Glad i bought two liters when it was available

On 10/14/2017 at 4:41 PM, Vosgar said:

Ok JC, I'm curious. What makes an atomic buffalo turd?

Jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese then wrapped with bacon. They’re an absolute hit at any cookout. 

On 10/14/2017 at 8:43 AM, 0895 said:

Thats all fine and good ;), but have you tried that TWCP double rye (in the background) yet?

That's my local and I'm truly surprised they still have any of that stuff left...granted the shelf is getting low.

I have tried it. Really interesting finish. Your thoughts?

What's even more cool is that TWCP is your local. They always seem to have good stuff.

Thanks to the generosity of a fellow Sb'r I'm having a small pour of ECBP B517. This seems to have ramped the flavors back up toward batch 12 levels but without the burn. This is tasty stuff.

Celebrated the birth of my new son with a heavy pour of NAS Noah's Mill the other night.  I had never tried that label before, and had been on the fence buying it for a long time once it showed up in my local stores because of some mixed reviews online, but I really enjoyed it.  Had a nice funky complexity to the palate that I shall attempt to thoroughly untangle when I undoubtedly revisit later this week, and may pick up another bottle from this batch, since its still on the shelf at my favorite LS.

Edited by BigSkyDrams
addition
  • I like it 3

Tried some Master’s Keep 17yo today, it would be great at 101 Proof. Feels watered down and really thin. Too bag, the nose was writing checks than the palate can’t cash ( hoping that I’ve used this expression in the right way, lol), the Decades is much better. 

Cheers! 

Will. 

On 10/16/2017 at 10:03 PM, Government Beard said:

I have tried it. Really interesting finish. Your thoughts?

What's even more cool is that TWCP is your local. They always seem to have good stuff.

I think it's one of the best double rye store picks I've ever tasted.

I recommend it to everyone around here.

I think I bought 3 bottles.  :)

TWCP's store picks are almost always good to me.  It's a great store.  They have all sorts of neat stuff in there.

This WTRB 116.8 is in my wheelhouse.  Cinnamon candy finish goes on and on.  I'm glad I got a back up bottle too.  A grocery store had a two day sale. ;)

21 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Tried some Master’s Keep 17yo today, it would be great at 101 Proof. Feels watered down and really thin. Too bag, the nose was writing checks than the palate can’t cash ( hoping that I’ve used this expression in the right way, lol), the Decades is much better. 

Cheers! 

Will. 

Unfortunately there was no way to bottle it at 101 proof since it is Barrel Strength at 86.8 proof ;)

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

Unfortunately there was no way to bottle it at 101 proof since it is Barrel Strength at 86.8 proof ;)

It don't feel like a low proof barrel strength, on the mouthfeel, it's very thin and watered down, the finish is pretty short,  i'm glad i didn't fall for this one. Thx for the heads up though ;)

Now i'm drinking some '15 GTS, a whole other story. :)

Cheers! 

Will.

HHBBB6. Just got back from Kentucky. Never had it before.All the hype from you guys. WOW! It's fantastic!! Paid 11 dollars. This will likely become my all time favorite low priced bourbon. My wife even likes it. Thanks to all who suggested it!

Edited by cdcdguy
  • I like it 1

Topped off my GW4G bottle again with more WSR. Think I found the sweet spot. Unfortunately no idea on ratio. 

Next time will try lcpfratn's 3:2 ratio as a starting point. That will probably be right on.

On another note i know there is a Stagg Jr/old charter blend. Has anyone done Stagg Jr with WSR?

OBSK sample that a fellow SBer was very generous to share with me. This is better (by a fair amount) than the OBSQ that i opened yesterday. 

IMG_3385.JPG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.