What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hmm air time doesn't seem to be helping the HH. Nothing offensive but just kinda flat and nothing going on, I'll need to continue this scientific study another day.

Had some Stagg Jr batch#3. Now, I just poured another barrel proofer.

17C875AB-33DB-4603-A1D7-E34567701C91.thumb.jpeg.114a6b7a1735ad9949a43348fc67d56c.jpeg

Cheers!

Will.

• I like it 3

Had a glass of PVW 23 last night. It was my first Pappy ever so I'm glad I bought it (at retail), but while sitting there drinking it and looking over the stash behind the bar, couldn't help but add up all the bottles I COULD have bought instead... 

• I like it 2

6 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

Had a glass of PVW 23 last night. It was my first Pappy ever so I'm glad I bought it (at retail), but while sitting there drinking it and looking over the stash behind the bar, couldn't help but add up all the bottles I COULD have bought instead... 

What did you think of it?    ...Also, if it ain't being too damned nosy... What did you pay for it?

Ending the evening with an excellent single barel from Smooth Ambler, an 8yo bourbon, this stuff is gold. 

Im done for tonight. 

Cheers y’all 

Will.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

Ending the evening with an excellent single barel from Smooth Ambler, an 8yo bourbon, this stuff is gold. 

Im done for tonight. 

Cheers y’all 

Will.

Big night! Cheers.

I'm enjoying this 2004 Evan Williams Single Barrel. Low proof but damn tasty with it. 

• I like it 1

I've been pretty busy lately, and actually haven't had a pour since last Friday. :huh: I'm enjoying the last couple of pours left over from my 2017 Sampler Weller Blend. Gonna have to make this do me for a while. I'm scheduled for my annual physical next Wednesday. Don't want my blood work to be too out of whack. :P

Cheers! Joe

RY10SiB - Barrel #5083257, aged since 09/06.  No ethanol on the nose or palate.  Wonderful caramel with a hint of chocolate (?).  Medium to long luxurious finish with a sweet oaky note.  Going back for another two (2) bottles from the same barrel for the bunker tomorrow morning ($54.99 ea. OTD).  Where's Billy Idol when I really need him???  Yea!  :D

Yankees WHO? 

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

Decided on a pour of good stuff to start the night so I went with a 16 ORVW and found it a little hot but then again I've been drinking OC8yr at 80 proof and Blanton's at 93 recently so that was likely the cause.  

I bought a bottle of WA107 today because it was there and decided to open one I already had which was a 1.75 store pick from Bob's Liquors in Knoxville just to compare the two since the proof is same but the age is different.  

Have to say on this particular night I'm preferring the WA107 to the ORVW.  The store pick is definitely younger and has a bit of a rougher "edge" but there are also more flavors there, fruit, spices and the oak isn't overpowering then in the same way as the ORVW.

3 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

What did you think of it?    ...Also, if it ain't being too damned nosy... What did you pay for it?

It’s good... not $289 good IMHO... but the experience was worth it. As I became deeply entrenched in this hobby, the obsession with getting my hands on a PVW got worse as the years went by. Never bad enough to justify paying secondary price, retail is bad enough! I feel I’ve satisfied that itch and can now move on... To BTAC!!! :D don’t get me wrong, I’d definitely pick up a 20 or 15 or Lot B if afforded the chance, but the magic is gone and with it the obsession. Rapidly approaching bourbon Zen!

Wind down time with a pour of Buffalo Trace.  

Started with some Dickel 12, followed by some WT101. The Dickel is hitting on all notes. The WT, when following Dickel, always gives me some sassafras, or root beer, flavors. It's all good. 

• I like it 1

1974 Beam. 4 years old. 1 of 2 Bottles. Oldest Bourbon I've had the pleasure of tasting. It was quite good even though it had been opened some time ago. More character than I expected, very smooth. Not versed in all the descriptors, but I thought it was a solid bourbon, not very complex. Been a while since Ive had a modern Beam so I can't say how it compares. The 1982 Ten High in the background was an unopened bottle and it was very dull, could hardly tell it was bourbon at all. Both were 80 proof and 4 years old. She gifted both bottles to me afterwords and still has an unopened version of both at her house. 

enhance

I had the future misses pour a blind side by side with these two.  I couldn’t pick out any differences. The 116.8 has been open for 4+ months and is almost gone. The 112.8 was opened tonight. I was hoping I wouldn’t like the 112.8 more since it’s not as easy to find. 

76B64FDE-5EFE-4732-98EC-98928842E3E5.jpeg

• I like it 2

8 minutes ago, Kane said:

Enjoying a KCSB, and passed on a LotB for $45.

I'm not a fan of Lot B but at that price I would have grabbed it for a friend.

2 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I'm not a fan of Lot B but at that price I would have grabbed it for a friend.

I have a feeling he was talking about a single pour.

• I like it 1

Just now, Clueby said:

I have a feeling he was talking about a single pour.

Good point! 

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, beasled said:

Big night! Cheers.

I'm enjoying this 2004 Evan Williams Single Barrel. Low proof but damn tasty with it. 

It was a great night, indeed! Had a bottle of 2004 EW, very tasty for a low proofer. 

• I like it 2

I LOVE working from home!! Definitely the most stress free days! Enjoying a nice pour of OF 1920 while working away!

IMG_1326.thumb.JPG.d473f7c485ebb450c07bf515bf0770c2.JPG

Cheers!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.