What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

55 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Having a pour of WT101 at the club I'm playing music at. I might have a VO and 7Up in memory of my dad later..but I don't know if "enjoy" will be the right word for that one.

So sorry for your loss.

Having a pour of WT101 at the club I'm playing music at. I might have a VO and 7Up in memory of my dad later..but I don't know if "enjoy" will be the right word for that one.

VO and 7 was my Dads drink as well.

Sorry for your loss.

11 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

VO and 7 was my Dads drink as well.

Sorry for your loss.

Cheers all.

20171014_210543-756x1008.jpg

• I like it 3

Winding down the night after a great day of entertainment watching.  Great football games, playoff baseball, and even had time to squeeze in taking the wife out to a scary movie ("It").

All in all, a nice day, and sipping on some great private barrel Knob Creek SiB.  Can't go wrong with this.

8 hours ago, Clueby said:

My condolences for your loss. 

22 hours ago, BigRich said:

Is that a problem that you have Gary? Fighting off retailers trying to sell you ORVW so that you can buy more OWA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've worn out 3 sticks this year alone!  "Please buy my insanely priced bourbon!"  

• I like it 2

17 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

59e27cc9ba960_IMG_18142431.thumb.JPG.a54c24bedd2829464b26354c6d175ecc.JPG

Doing a little blind SBS of Blanton's and RHF.  Wife just poured them both for me to try while I cook dinner.  Will report back with results!

Both initially smelled the same (no surprise there) but after a few drops of water and some air I found Bourbon no 1 to have more of a sweet brown sugar nose and No.2 was more oranges and fruit.  Both had lots of sweetness and fruit on the pallet with No. 2 being a little thinner and having a slightly bitter ending to me.  Both were fantastic but No. 1 was the clear winner with vibrant flavors, no harshness and a longer finish.

I guessed No 1 was Blanton's and 2 was RHF but was not correct. A big Part of me really wanted Blanton's to win since I can find it easily while I have never seen a RHF in the wild.

• I like it 1

Both initially smelled the same (no surprise there) but after a few drops of water and some air I found Bourbon no 1 to have more of a sweet brown sugar nose and No.2 was more oranges and fruit.  Both had lots of sweetness and fruit on the pallet with No. 2 being a little thinner and having a slightly bitter ending to me.  Both were fantastic but No. 1 was the clear winner with vibrant flavors, no harshness and a longer finish.

I guessed No 1 was Blanton's and 2 was RHF but was not correct. A big Part of me really wanted Blanton's to win since I can find it easily while I have never seen a RHF in the wild.

I guess I'm going to have to do a SBS comparison and see whether I get similar results. I know I've also said that I thought I liked Blanton's better than RHF in the past, but differences in barrels can also sway the results, so who knows.

After a long week of travel, work, and volunteer work, enjoying WTRB 112.8.  Really hits the spot.  I need to get another bottle of this version before it runs out.

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, kwshannon said:

After a long week of travel, work, and volunteer work, enjoying WTRB 112.8.  Really hits the spot.  I need to get another bottle of this version before it runs out.

I’ve got a bottle of this and OF1920. While the 1920 is about $15 more I’m not sure it’s worth that premium. Additional testing is required. :D

Have you had any RRSB 110, might be my favorite pour right now. Haven't bothered with WTRB I might look for some somewhat dusties

Just dropped Littlesmokinjoe off at the airport to head back to college after a quick weekend visit home for her birthday. Feeling pretty good about things, so out back with an Olivia Série G Maduro and a thick pour of GBS 15 yr ECBP.  

• I like it 2

Took engagement photos today. While getting ready, the future misses told me I might want to bring a few beers or bourbon, as the guy generally gets restless because these can take a while. Who am I to disagree?

811D5047-09FE-44B6-8CCF-A8B376768D8A.jpeg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Couple small pours while grilling some prime strips and veggies.

626c52e90a01dea89c8003705c7aeb4b.jpg

08ae563f74c1861b5ed3a32b284cffb8.jpg

Are the bananas to raise your potassium level after enjoying a little too much Old Fitz?  :lol:

Some angels envy that I neither like nor dislike. Because Im so blah about it its been open way too long. I dont hate it enough to give or trade it away or use it in cocktails and i certainly dont like it enough to drain it down quickly. But I dont have room on my shelf of open bottles so it's gotta go before I can open the Booker's blue knights I keep looking longingly at every day in my closet.

• I like it 1

JW Dant BIB tonight. It’s ok, good for the price. I may not be a buyer again though, I get a bit of grassiness or earthy tone to it. A lot like EW BIB to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just getting around to posting but after my Card's further disappointed me by stinking up the stadium against Boston College we decided a fish sandwich and onion rings from Cunningham's Creekside would be a nice way to get the foul taste of the game out of our mouth.  They have a limited selection of bourbon and I've always said that I'm a fan of Russell's Reserve and WTRB but not of the WT 101 I thought, "Hey it's been a long time since I've had WT 101, why don't I give it another shot".  I know a lot of guys like it but for me it just doesn't hit the spot, in fact it misses it by a wide margin.  To me it is just too thin and finishes hot with not much flavor.  Oh well, to each his own I guess.

Tossing back some HMcK 10 BiB  while puffing a stogie and watching the Giants do the impossible. 

Tastes great on a crisp Fall night

Are the bananas to raise your potassium level after enjoying a little too much Old Fitz?  :lol:

Bananas are for the kid. Old Fitz gives me potassium and all the vital minerals and vitamins one needs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.