What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Enjoyed a few great pours recently, a US buddy sent me some samples.

4R OBSK 16yo, Elliot’s Select and the Al Young, 2016 THH, 2012 Stagg and some PHC 10 and the Hochstadter’s 16yo

I still have to try some 2014 WLW and waiting for a sample of PVW 23.

Life is good right now 

Cheers!

Will.

A pretty nice pour of SAOS SB 8yo bourbon followed by an amazing Whistlepig 10yo CS Rye store pick, this stuff I’d delicious. 

I am at the UK tailgate and I have emptied the Canada Dry can and now it is time to put a dent in this Old Charter. Cheers!e3165f99a8941a008db046ade7a0ccc1.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Diggin' on the Early Times BIB while listening to UGA on the radio.  Very impressed with this whiskey.

Just had some OBSQ from BevMo while watching the MSU / Notre Dame game. Try as I may, the Q yeast is my least favorite. Will bust out the 2016 WLW next, as it's great to see MSU on national TV. Go GREEN!

5 hours ago, beasled said:

WT101 tonight again. Quite happy with the cheap stuff at the moment. Puts the rest in perspective!

Nothing wrong with a little wt101 enjoy...

Enjoying a nice pour of Hancock's President's Reserve to celebrate another cliff-hanger win for my Gators!  This is my first bottle of this, and I find it quite pleasant, if simple.

BTW, I recognize the irony of relying on a fine Kentucky Bourbon to celebrate this win tonight.  A hell of a college football game.

44 minutes ago, Swamp55 said:

Enjoying a nice pour of Hancock's President's Reserve to celebrate another cliff-hanger win for my Gators!  This is my first bottle of this, and I find it quite pleasant, if simple.

BTW, I recognize the irony of relying on a fine Kentucky Bourbon to celebrate this win tonight.  A hell of a college football game.

I recently purchased a bottle of this too.  It is really outstanding and very underrated.

Not a bourbon today, but still an American whiskey, Bernheim wheat, surprisingly good, great nose, short finish but really interesting.

Cheers!

Will. 

I'm continuing a very long process of trying to cut down my open bottles so I'm working on the low ones, and after these pours the rest go in my solera decanter. First a store pick Blantons and now ECBP 134.8 Proof. Both very good pours

Loving some SB Blend (60/40, heavier on OWA).  Torn between wanting to switch from my original decanter (former ETL bottle) to one with a screw cap, but not wanting to give up the "Centennial Tribute" label which fits so well on the ETL bottle (courtesy of @jaycamm).  Sticking with the current for now.

It's a beautiful evening here in Maryland and I'm enjoying some OWA on the patio while waiting for the fire to heat up for my ribeyes 

IMG_3209.JPG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.