What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Grandpa Weller 4 Grain, Batch #4 from the fridge tonite.  Yummy, as always!   :P

1 hour ago, chappy6107 said:

I too am getting into the WT101.  Funny thing is back in college a buddy and I used WT101 along with Bacardi 151 to make a shot called 252.  This was a punishment shot for losing a game of pool.  after a long night of drinking, this 252 shot would almost instantly make you sick.  So for the longest time I have been walking straight past the WT101 at the store because of "bad" memories.  After seeing many of you use it as a daily sipper I had to give it an honest try.  I have to say that I am liking it alot.  not my favorite, but it is really good.

Good God, man!  You could only have done worse by dropping Southern Comfort in there!!! :lol:  But, we all have those in our pasts, right?  

I had a small pour of Four Roses SBLE 2014 at a restaurant. This was very good. But perhaps not as good as the bottle of OBSK I finished off recently. So I probably won't try to hunt down the SBLE and stick to the easier to find store picks instead.

Edited by EarthQuake

14 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Good God, man!  You could only have done worse by dropping Southern Comfort in there!!! :lol:  But, we all have those in our pasts, right?  

It was a mean beast of a shot.

1 minute ago, chappy6107 said:

It was a mean beast of a shot.

Well, It's impressive y'all managed to get the math right, despite the obvious challenge...  :D

Charter 101 after day one at disney. Probably not what I would pick if I was standing in front of the bunker (little too sweet caramely tonight). Child is still awake and shouldn't be but all in all a good day.

After all the comments about bourbon cream today in the "What Did You Purchase..." thread today I had to have a pour tonight for dessert. Also, do we have two "What are you enjoying Fall 2017" threads?

20170926_213239-756x1008.jpg

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Well, It's impressive y'all managed to get the math right, despite the obvious challenge...  :D

we were college boys.  must of had a calculator or something. :lol:

I decided that I need to work on opening and drinking some of the miscellaneous bottles from NDPs, smaller distillers and craft distillers that I've bought the last few years...many times to help build relationships at local liquor stores. So, tonight I opened a bottle of Clyde May's Straight Bourbon Whiskey that I bought at least a year ago. Of course it's sourced bourbon (I believe HH is the source), and it's actually pretty darn good stuff! I guess I shouldn't be surprised if HH is the source. I can't remember what I paid, but seems like it was around $30. I think I'd be a buyer again at around that price. 

I'm having my bourbon Zen moment with JTS Brown.  I get some peanut butter and orange zest.  Drinks very easy for 100 proof.  I can stick with BIBs and watch all the crazy stuff from the side lines.

23 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

This thread needs to be combined with the other thread with the same title!

Done. How'd we end up with two? Never mind, I probably don't want to know!

19 minutes ago, jbutler said:

Done. How'd we end up with two? Never mind, I probably don't want to know!

The natives get antsy when the sun crosses the solstice and can't control the need to start new threads.

11 hours ago, PaulO said:

I'm having my bourbon Zen moment with JTS Brown.  I get some peanut butter and orange zest.  Drinks very easy for 100 proof.  I can stick with BIBs and watch all the crazy stuff from the side lines.

Thanks Paul. It's good to know that I'm not the only one that gets a peanut flavor from JTS Brown. ;)

Cheers! Joe

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Thanks Paul. It's good to know that I'm not the only one that gets a peanut flavor from JTS Brown. ;)

Cheers! Joe

I get it as well, if I didn't know it was a HH product I would probably guess Beam.

12 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Cheers! Joe

11 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I get it as well, if I didn't know it was a HH product I would probably guess Beam.

Well shoot. All I get it wet cardboard. Tried hard to make it work and finally poured it down the drain. I guess I have the wrong genes to get the flavor you guys get.

54 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

An honest 10 years in the barrel. 

831CAE10-57E9-4551-95AD-544A715B5349.jpg

The good old days. Long since past.

It's an Old Forester kind of night. Started with Statesman - a freshly cracked bottle. Call me crazy but I like it. Not going to say it's worth the price but it's darn good whiskey. Good on Jackie Zykan for creating this blend even if it was for commercial purposes. As the new master taster at BF I look forward to what he comes up with in the future.

Followed with some OF Single Barrel, Bourbon Crusaders pick. A good pick. Only so much you can do with OFSiB given their insistence to proof it down to 90. 

Finishing with the perennial favorite - OF1920.

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, flahute said:

It's an Old Forester kind of night. Started with Statesman - a freshly cracked bottle. Call me crazy but I like it. Not going to say it's worth the price but it's darn good whiskey. Good on Jackie Zykan for creating this blend even if it was for commercial purposes. As the new master taster at BF I look forward to what he comes up with in the future.

Followed with some OF Single Barrel, Bourbon Crusaders pick. A good pick. Only so much you can do with OFSiB given their insistence to proof it down to 90. 

Finishing with the perennial favorite - OF1920.

I agree 100%. Before trying the Statesman I was prejudiced against it because of the lower proof and similar price to the 1920. I only bought it because it was on sale and am glad I did. My review? It tastes good. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.