What Water of Life did you purchase today? Fall/Winter 2017-2018

Nm0369
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

32 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I think you'll like it. For the money, it's pretty good stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do like it! The port influence is subtle but a nice touch.

It was a toss up between this, the Lasanta, Balvenie 12 double cask, and Aberlour 12 double cask. The Glenmo won this time.

I do like it! The port influence is subtle but a nice touch.

It was a toss up between this, the Lasanta, Balvenie 12 double cask, and Aberlour 12 double cask. The Glenmo won this time.

You'll probably like those too! Balvenie 12 Doublewood was what got me back into Scotch after almost 30 years of not being a Scotch fan...that's what JW Red Label will do to you.

10 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

You'll probably like those too! Balvenie 12 Doublewood was what got me back into Scotch after almost 30 years of not being a Scotch fan...that's what JW Red Label will do to you.

Good to know, I'll keep it on my radar for the future!

On 1/9/2018 at 4:50 PM, emr454 said:

25 minutes of indecision at the liquor store ended with me picking up a Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban. Something about the port finish kept calling to me, and finally I answered.

20180109_175448.jpg

I recently bought a bottle of this the other day too.  It really is a good whisky, especially for the money.

• I like it 2

42 minutes ago, NDN98 said:

I recently bought a bottle of this the other day too.  It really is a good whisky, especially for the money.

Indeed it is. 46%, NCF, 12yo port finished whisky for $56 is a good deal IMO.

• I like it 1

I'm hoping this turns out to be a 24yo and 15yo take on Glenfarclas 105˚ NAS. The 1993 FC is so dark, I thought it was in a brown bottle like the others at first.

IMG_8169.thumb.jpg.bb731c154fd704ff8e1976fd263ef661.jpg

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, Kpiz said:

Has anyone heard of or tasted this release?

I picked up a bottle in early December-- it had literally just arrived and hadn't even made it to the shelf. One-third of the bottle is gone, and I don't remember opening it-- so it must be some damn good juice.

36 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

I picked up a bottle in early December-- it had literally just arrived and hadn't even made it to the shelf. One-third of the bottle is gone, and I don't remember opening it-- so it must be some damn good juice.

That's one heck of an endorsement! I'll make sure I open it on a weekend just in case the same fate befalls me.

I have passed that Bunnahabhain up a few times, I'm just kind of PX'ed out does seem like a good deal on spec though, one of my locals has it for $85 or $89 and that almost got it to come home. We will see. 

4 hours ago, Kpiz said:

That's one heck of an endorsement!

I'm stuck at the office with icy roads, so I just tried it head-to-head with the Glenfarclas 15yo TWE 103˚ that just arrived. The GF slightly edged it out on the finish, but the Bunnahabhain is really a flavorful piece of work which you will enjoy.

IMG_8173.thumb.jpg.57c437bcaec79c5472561ff93c7ace55.jpg

I'm stuck at the office with icy roads, so I just tried it head-to-head with the Glenfarclas 15yo TWE 103˚ that just arrived. The GF slightly edged it out on the finish, but the Bunnahabhain is really a flavorful piece of work which you will enjoy.

IMG_8173.thumb.jpg.57c437bcaec79c5472561ff93c7ace55.jpg

Thanks for the notes! Damn, I just passed on that Glenfarclas 15yo when I was at TWE a few weeks ago. Still looking forward to the Bunnahabhain though.

I have passed that Bunnahabhain up a few times, I'm just kind of PX'ed out does seem like a good deal on spec though, one of my locals has it for $85 or $89 and that almost got it to come home. We will see. 

I’ll post some notes as soon as I try it.

The prices in your area are enviable.

• I like it 1

Well I cracked, first purchase of the year, I just can't pass up a good deal and at least here Talisker DE for $60 qualifies.

IMG_20180118_204808088.jpg

• I like it 2

14 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Well I cracked, first purchase of the year, I just can't pass up a good deal and at least here Talisker DE for $60 qualifies.

If it qualifies as a good deal in Bargain Bay where you live, it probably qualifies anywhere ;)  It's $90+ here from what I've seen. Nice grab.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Kpiz said:

If it qualifies as a good deal in Bargain Bay where you live, it probably qualifies anywhere ;)  It's $90+ here from what I've seen. Nice grab.

I would trade a $20 upcharge for some of those K&L Rums!

I was pleased to find the two Longrows (at two different stores) within driving distance…

IMG_8195.thumb.JPG.d7e1f3bb10bb780e85f573b1df149583.JPG

• I like it 1

I pulled off an epic transaction at a LS I frequent fairly often, but have no real hookup.  I got a 2013 Balvenie 30 and 2015 Springbank 25 for about 30% of retail out of pocket.  Not sure the SB rules will let me elaborate more, but I had to share because I'm pretty stoked about these additions to the bunker.  

16 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I was pleased to find the two Longrows (at two different stores) within driving distance…

IMG_8195.thumb.JPG.d7e1f3bb10bb780e85f573b1df149583.JPG

Your Cambletown collection is growing rapidly - nice work

45 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

Your Campbeltown collection is growing rapidly - nice work

I think I've gotten a bit carried away. I'm on the waiting list for the Springbank Whisky School, but I'll probably be dead before my number comes up.

IMG_8203.thumb.jpg.b022f847ecc4d1d0b9400865e99c84b7.jpg

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I think I've gotten a bit carried away. I'm on the waiting list for the Springbank Whisky School, but I'll probably be dead before my number comes up.

IMG_8203.thumb.jpg.b022f847ecc4d1d0b9400865e99c84b7.jpg

Nice, the Green's are really good.  Are you anti-packaging or is it stored somewhere else?

1 hour ago, jvd99 said:

Are you anti-packaging or is it stored somewhere else?

Are you referring to the secondary cartons, tubes, etc.? With a few exceptions, those are in the other room with the amari, liqueurs and assorted spirits.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.