What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Winter 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Been enjoying ryes lately and will generally have one rye and one bourbon.  Last night was Bulliet Rye and then 1792 Full Proof.

20 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

C6B79671-D219-45B4-B484-17455774B6CB.thumb.jpeg.9274ae005701ff1e8d1b4eff8d9b907c.jpeg

It’s been a while since I’ve had this one. 

Cheers! 

Will.

Never seen that one before. When did that come out?

15 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I’m having a small pour of each tonight for my birthday. Started with the 90 proofs and working my way up. Having some GTS now. 

7954DE9B-24C7-402C-8E89-7487C9CA48CD.thumb.jpeg.4728e6eb752bc25fe89b14c0698e0b12.jpeg

Happy Birthday!

26 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Never seen that one before. When did that come out?

It's been out there for a while, can't tell you exactly when it came out. I guess it's Japan/Europe only release, not the best of their line-up, but it's solid for the price. i'd prefer this one at 101 proof though.

Will. 

8 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

It's been out there for a while, can't tell you exactly when it came out. I guess it's Japan/Europe only release, not the best of their line-up, but it's solid for the price. i'd prefer this one at 101 proof though.

Will. 

Cool. Makes sense now that it is only available outside the US. Thanks.

1 hour ago, MTNBourbon said:

Cool. Makes sense now that it is only available outside the US. Thanks.

If you can find the Rare Breed, there is no need to chase the 13yo. I’m drinking it bescause it’s available here and not pricey, quite smooth and tasty in the same time. 

Cheers! 

Will. 

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

If you can find the Rare Breed, there is no need to chase the 13yo. I’m drinking it bescause it’s available here and not pricey, quite smooth and tasty in the same time. 

Cheers! 

Will. 

I have some Rare Breed, and it is available around here, but pricey.

Bought a ring for my ex-wife now fiancé I guess... we’re gonna give it another go. 25 yrs the first time... so brought out the big guns last night, healthy pour of GTS 2017.

• I like it 3

44 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

I have some Rare Breed, and it is available around here, but pricey.

How much if I may ask ?? 

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, Masset1982 said:

How much if I may ask ?? 

I believe around $48. Use to get it in UT for around $35-38.

• I like it 1

8 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

I believe around $48. Use to get it in UT for around $35-38.

Hopefully, you're not living in Europe, i get it for €38 ($47) , but bourbon is very pricey here. At $35, i'd drink it everyday. What's your go to as daily drinker ? 

1 minute ago, Masset1982 said:

Hopefully, you're not living in Europe, i get it for €38 ($47) , but bourbon is very pricey here. At $35, i'd drink it everyday. What's your go to as daily drinker ? 

I drink what I have here at home. No daily drinker for me.

• I like it 1

Just now, MTNBourbon said:

I drink what I have here at home. No daily drinker for me.

Same here, not a big drinker, one pour/day. I asked you that because i'm seeing a lot of people talking about stocking up on quality/cheap bottle as daily drinker that's all. 

Cheers! 

Will.

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Same here, not a big drinker, one pour/day. I asked you that because i'm seeing a lot of people talking about stocking up on quality/cheap bottle as daily drinker that's all. 

Cheers! 

Will.

I am starting to get into the bunker a little.:)

• I like it 1

There are times, and then again,there are times. Yet another impromptu sbs this evening. Let me start by saying that a sbs of something 86, 90, or 100 proof is one thing. A barrel proof sbs is a whole 'nother animal. :unsure:  It was a weird Monday at work, so I decided to redo a Stagg Jr sbs. ;)

I thought I had a  Stagg jr batch #8 open. Wrong!  I reckon I must have finished that one, 'cause it's a batch #7 that I have open. Moving on..... Batch #7, 130 proof open, and a recently purchased batch #9 at 131.9 proof open too. I initially did an abbreviated sbs a couple of days ago. My thoughts at that time were that #7 was a little better because it wasn't as hot. Today, things seems slightly different. Batch #9, while maybe just a bit hotter, actually seems to have just a bit more flavor than #7. Batch #7 is a bit more tolerable, but there now seems to be something lacking just a tad. Truth be told, the differences are pretty minute, and really not much to quibble about at all. Both are quite enjoyable. Even though I myself would give a slight  nod to batch #9 by the narrowest of margins, there's really no clear cut winner here. Like they say, "It's all good." :P

Biba! Joe

sjr.jpeg

• I like it 6

5 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Cheers! 

Will.

I wish I could have a pour per day....however, my lovely wife gets a little irritated with me if I have a drink more than once during the work week. In fact, her suggestion to me was to give up weeknight drinking for Lent, so I obliged. 

Thankfully, the weekend is another story. Every Friday night we enjoy Manhattan’s together ???? and then I’ll have a few drams of my good stuff. 

17 minutes ago, Whiskey Lullaby said:

I wish I could have a pour per day....however, my lovely wife gets a little irritated with me if I have a drink more than once during the work week. In fact, her suggestion to me was to give up weeknight drinking for Lent, so I obliged. 

HaHa... You Catholics!!!

Well this one gave up all bourbon for Lent, completely. Even reading this site is painful for me right now... Easter Sunday will be glorious!

I thought I would start with this:

https://www.blantonsbourbonshop.com/shop/blantons-bourbon-truffles-1

And when nightfall hits, i already figured on watching the 10 Commandments again with maybe my last pour of OFBB, Blanton's or the Colonel. Who knows, I gave it up for Lent but the shopping will continue...

21 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

HaHa... You Catholics!!!

Well this one gave up all bourbon for Lent, completely. Even reading this site is painful for me right now... Easter Sunday will be glorious!

I thought I would start with this:

https://www.blantonsbourbonshop.com/shop/blantons-bourbon-truffles-1

And when nightfall hits, i already figured on watching the 10 Commandments again with maybe my last pour of OFBB, Blanton's or the Colonel. Who knows, I gave it up for Lent but the shopping will continue...

You’re a bigger man than I! I couldn’t give up bourbon entirely. Kudos to you my friend. 

Those Blanton’s Truffles look amazing. My wife loves her sweets so I think I’ll have to buy some of those. 

7 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Jack Daniels on steroids tonight, yummy! 

Cheers! 

Will.

Will,

From reading this board for a while, I value your opinion.  I have been back-and-forth on buying a bottle of the JD SB Barrel Proof.  I have been curious about what to expect from this.  Like just about every whiskey drinker on the planet, I know what standard JD tastes like.  What do you get for the extra coin with this?  Thanks.

12 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Because we spend a lot of thought on these things, there was a discussion thread solely devoted to which abbreviation to use when the new label came out. The conclusion if I remember correctly was to continue using OWA. Both are used interchangeably now and it’s not really a contentious issue. Certainly no need to apologize or edit for using one or the other. :)

Was being a bit tongue in cheek towards that discussion.

On February 17, 2018 at 8:49 PM, Hop said:

Kicked it off with Blade & Bow 22yr and followed that up with OC8yr. The B&B is really good but for the $ it’s the OC8YR all night long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may have to pick up some more OC8 before it disappears. I really like it even though it's only 80 proof.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.