What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Winter 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6F15017E-9E39-4E00-9EDB-766C06AC9845.thumb.jpeg.3841785dbde897b6cddd55f4bf60ccbc.jpeg

Going for Blanton’s tonight, I don’t how old this is, but it’s very good and so oily. I’m starting to think that Ive should bought two of those, wasn’t cheap though. 

Cheers!

Will. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, LCWoody said:

Having some OFBB '17 tonight. Very good pour.

Yes It Is!!!

I have 1 pour left in my bottle. I am saving it for Easter Sunday...

I enjoyed some good Canadian rye whiskey earlier, I'm starting to get a taste for rye. Now I'm enjoying a generous pour of wtrb. I prefer the old bottling style than the new one. It's too plain. Thankfully the whiskey is still top notch :)

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Theiano said:

Decided to open up the Willett 80th I had been sitting on for a little while. This is the first taste own their own distillate that I have tried. Have to say it's pretty decent for a 4 yr old. I would certainly buy it again if I could find it within 2x of retail, however that's even more unlikely now than it was when I bought it.

IMG_1451.JPG

Why not just buy the Old Bardstown BIB, aren't they basically the same thing?

Been enjoying some of  the many variations of 1792 that are now (sorta) available, including BiB, FP, and SiB, so I decided it was time to break a bunkered 8 yr 1792RR out.

20180225_205927.jpg

• I like it 1

Barrell Bourbon batch 004 going down way too easy for a Sunday night, I'll be quite sad to see this one go.

The last bit of this bottle went into an old Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit bottle (may that bad ass bottle RIP come this fall). Starting an infinity bottle. Henry McKenna 10 and 2005 Wild Turkey 101 being mingled now. 

00D1E1ED-7DEB-4EA5-A80D-F23EB1873C83.jpeg

• I like it 2

A splash of Lot B last night watching Planet Earth II followed by some ECBP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A2459D87-8F01-43BE-ABA2-E51E729FFB72.thumb.jpeg.8d2a1e2f6d1b3c9c3c707112659739c1.jpeg

I was in the mood for some oaky stuff, this is the right one. Not too oaky though, there is some obviously but there is so much more going on. A big thank you to a member of Sb.com for hooking me up, because of him, I didn’t have to sell an organ to buy it, thx man. 

Cheers! 

Will. 

• I like it 3

I'm thoroughly enjoying a vatting I made kinda 'accidentally on purpose' a few days ago.   :P

I had three low-fill bottles taking up valuable shelf space, so I 'dumped 'em all in together and they came out wonderful, in spite of my lack of a real plan for 'em. 

What went in was: about 6 or 7 ounces of  a Buffalo Trace private pick, about 3-ounces of a private pick of Knob Creek 120, and about 4 or 5-ounces of JW Dant BIB.

The result is quite lovely, if I say so myself... and, apparently I do!    :lol:

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

I'm thoroughly enjoying a vatting I made kinda 'accidentally on purpose' a few days ago.   :P

I had three low-fill bottles taking up valuable shelf space, so I 'dumped 'em all in together and they came out wonderful, in spite of my lack of a real plan for 'em. 

What went in was: about 6 or 7 ounces of  a Buffalo Trace private pick, about 3-ounces of a private pick of Knob Creek 120, and about 4 or 5-ounces of JW Dant BIB.

The result is quite lovely, if I say so myself... and, apparently I do!    :lol:

Started my infinity bottle last night. Interested to see how it evolves. 

2 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

If you make the attempt & it works out, it isn't luck; it's just plain ol' good shootin'!!!

1 hour ago, bayouredd said:

If you make the attempt & it works out, it isn't luck; it's just plain ol' good shootin'!!!

Truer words have very rarely ever been spoken. :P

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

How do you get out of a "Monday, kind of a crappy day at work" kind of funk? Why, GTS of course. My 2012 bottle is a miracle worker :) 

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Truer words have very rarely ever been spoken. :P

Biba! Joe

Ahhh, that's what I'll go with.    I was totally aiming for exactly the result I achieved!  :rolleyes:  That's my story; and I'm stickin' to it!!!  :lol:

On 2/25/2018 at 12:00 AM, Theiano said:

Decided to open up the Willett 80th I had been sitting on for a little while. This is the first taste own their own distillate that I have tried. Have to say it's pretty decent for a 4 yr old. I would certainly buy it again if I could find it within 2x of retail, however that's even more unlikely now than it was when I bought it.

IMG_1451.JPG

What is retail on this one? I've came across one in a shop around the corner from me the other month, but the price seemed outrageous. I seem to remember over $200

4 hours ago, Vosgar said:

How do you get out of a "Monday, kind of a crappy day at work" kind of funk? Why, GTS of course. My 2012 bottle is a miracle worker :) 

My brother. Preach. Speak comfort to me in these times of trouble.

37 minutes ago, JSpartan said:

What is retail on this one? I've came across one in a shop around the corner from me the other month, but the price seemed outrageous. I seem to remember over $200

I believe originally it was in the $40 range, but it was a pretty low bottle count so not that available, and most stores hiked the price. I would prob pick it up for <$100 but $200 is way too high. I think it is worth ~$50.

20 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

A2459D87-8F01-43BE-ABA2-E51E729FFB72.thumb.jpeg.8d2a1e2f6d1b3c9c3c707112659739c1.jpeg

I was in the mood for some oaky stuff, this is the right one. Not too oaky though, there is some obviously but there is so much more going on. A big thank you to a member of Sb.com for hooking me up, because of him, I didn’t have to sell an organ to buy it, thx man. 

Cheers! 

Will. 

Never had that one before.

16 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Never had that one before.

It's something, it still need to breathe a little though, but a great experience for sure. 

Cheers! 

Will.

• I like it 1

I'm not having anything at the moment. I have to go out shortly. When I get back home, there's a possibility I may have a date with Sarah. ^_^

Biba! Joe

7 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I'm not having anything at the moment. I have to go out shortly. When I get back home, there's a possibility I may have a date with Sarah. ^_^

Biba! Joe

Maybe a "double" date?  

Last night was some EW SiB.  To me it's one of the best value pours.  Lots of flavor even though the proof is not quite as high as some.

• I like it 1

Ordered a Larceny at the bar for a change. It was undoubtedly the best bourbon I've had in my life, ever. Which is improbable, so I guess I am having the exact opposite of an "off palate" day. I'll go home and drink up all my unwanted bottles.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.