What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

24 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It's all good M.

I finished a SAOS 7 yr (Sarah) recently. I kinda felt a little bad about relegating that empty to the recycle bin. :unsure:

FWIW, I wonder if Sarah knows that she has somewhat of a cult following here among SB members. ^_^

Biba! Joe

The only 7 I have come across was in a shop near St Simons. Was considering buying it until I saw Weller 12 for $130, Bookers Rye for $999, BTAC at $750. Put the bottle back and walked out. 

• I like it 2

13 hours ago, Whiskey Lullaby said:

What’s the podcast? I’d like to subscribe. Thanks in advance. 

I'm a little late for answering, but yeah, Bourbon Pursuit is a great youtube channel, very informative. Check it out.

Will.

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Dare I ask about the SAOS? Sarah? :P

Biba! Joe

I'm out of the loop on this.. is this actually a thing? 

2 hours ago, beasled said:

I think it is fully tongue in cheek, TBT my favorite SAOS bottle was a James bottle.

• I like it 2

40 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I think it is fully tongue in cheek, TBT my favorite SAOS bottle was a James bottle.

Ah I thought it might be the case!

3 hours ago, beasled said:

Or the result of some puberic childhood fantasy . . . . . . . just sayin' (I had to do it, sorry).   :ph34r:

Or is it a "pubescent" childhood fantasy?  Engrish is NOT my native language.   :lol:

Edited by GeeTen

21 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Nice catch, watched the video of the pick on Breaking Bourbon, i love those guys, i'm watching/listening to all their podcasts. Enjoy! 

Will.

Thanks for watching the video!

Still waiting for my bottle. It was great straight from the barrel!

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Thanks for watching the video!

Still waiting for my bottle. It was great straight from the barrel!

You're welcome, i was wondering how cool is it to have the honor of tasting some BT barrel proof. What it would be if they will decide to release it ?? Not big expert on BT mash bills. Man, you did a great job filming, ask for two ;-))

Cheers! 

Will.

25 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

You're welcome, i was wondering how cool is it to have the honor of tasting some BT barrel proof. What it would be if they will decide to release it ?? Not big expert on BT mash bills. Man, you did a great job filming, ask for two ;-))

Cheers! 

Will.

I did request 2!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

Cheers! 

Will.

You’re actually pretty close with Stagg Jr., or EHT BP.  

• I like it 1

52 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

You’re actually pretty close with Stagg Jr., or EHT BP.  

Would work for me, thx Joe for the heads up.

Will.

Picked up an Elijah Craig Total Wine store pick. I asked an employee if he knew the age of the barrel they picked and he said he thought 3.5 years. Instead of believing him and putting it back I held onto it. He promptly changed the subject and asked me if I had ever tried Chestnut Farms. I must say the bottle was very snazzy. He went in the back and got me a sample too. Not bad but $50 and no better than WT101. I passed. 

• I like it 1

I only bought one bourbon today's, knob creek single barrel, but I did pick up other whiskeys. I'm just being lazy with the picture lol. d2efb6d005b758e0164d53c3d80ff57d.jpg

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, CUfan99 said:

Picked up an Elijah Craig Total Wine store pick. I asked an employee if he knew the age of the barrel they picked and he said he thought 3.5 years. Instead of believing him and putting it back I held onto it. He promptly changed the subject and asked me if I had ever tried Chestnut Farms. I must say the bottle was very snazzy. He went in the back and got me a sample too. Not bad but $50 and no better than WT101. I passed. 

I thought the Elijah Craig Small Batch picks were all in the 8 - 12 range.  There's no way it's only 3.5.

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, FasterHorses said:

2012  HW Campfire.

enhance

This has been on my try list for a while. I'm a big fan of peated Scotch. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on Campfire.

3 minutes ago, Clueby said:

This has been on my try list for a while. I'm a big fan of peated Scotch. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on Campfire.

One of my favorites.  It's strange at first taste but just the perfect amount of smoke. I think you'll really like it. I haven't cracked my MWND yet, but of all the other HW offerings I've had,  this ranks highest. Very unique taste.

• I like it 1

I actually wasn’t looking for anything, but just so happened to spot some ER that was on sale for $29.99.  :o Lowest price I’ve seen it around here in a very, very long time.  Of course I had to buy one.  ^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

My brother gave me a bottle of Bond and Lillard for my birthday which to me is the definition of a perfect gift something I wanted to try but wouldn't spend the scratch on myself. 

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

I thought the Elijah Craig Small Batch picks were all in the 8 - 12 range.  There's no way it's only 3.5.

That’s exactly what I told him.

21 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Thinks an EC pick is only 3.5 years old........wants to sell you on the virtues of Chestnut Farm.........

I hope you know that it goes without saying that this guy knows absolutely nothing.

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Thinks an EC pick is only 3.5 years old........wants to sell you on the virtues of Chestnut Farm.........

I hope you know that it goes without saying that this guy knows absolutely nothing.

Ha ha - typical TW Spirits Direct sales pitch (I used to work there, remember?).  Nothing new here to see, just move on . . . . . . . . . . .   :wacko:

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.