What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

21 hours ago, Journeyman said:

Picked up a couple bottles of ECBP batch A118.  Interesting that they're putting a tag on the top noting the 2017 "Whisky of the Year" award.

ECBP_A118.jpg

Can’t wait until they show up at my haunts in New England. 

22 hours ago, Journeyman said:

Picked up a couple bottles of ECBP batch A118.  Interesting that they're putting a tag on the top noting the 2017 "Whisky of the Year" award.

ECBP_A118.jpg

I really think they should make that neck tag bigger. I wouldn't be able to read that from the moon.

• I like it 1

34 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

I really think they should make that neck tag bigger. I wouldn't be able to read that from the moon.

Heh!  Yeah, it's an oddly huge tag.  I had to be careful to keep it in place for the picture.  I doubt many will survive on the bottles as they're put on the shelf at stores.

Stagg Jr., 131.9.  I am looking for a batch schedule somewhere here, as I am not sure which batch this is.  I believe it is the most recent, as the store I bought it from just got them in.

On 3/11/2018 at 4:31 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

Except that the whiskey they rated was batch B517, not A118! So it seems a bit disingenuous (not that most people will likely know the difference). I have yet to try (or even see) A118 yet but each batch tends to be a bit different. Personally I didn't think A117 was as good as B517. 

NM

Edited by Skinsfan1311
Answered my own question

1 hour ago, O'DubhGhaill said:

Stagg Jr., 131.9.  I am looking for a batch schedule somewhere here, as I am not sure which batch this is.  I believe it is the most recent, as the store I bought it from just got them in.

Found it here:

About 8 years ago i began commuting to OKC for my job, while residing in the Plano/Dallas area. I did that for nearly 4 years, and i found that the bourbon selections in OKC were superior to Dallas, as there were fewer people like me. Ha. Then i followed that by commuting to Lake Charles, LA for a while. Again, the selection was better than Dallas, except that LCWoody was my counterpart. He managed to secure some good stuff it would seem. Ha! Now i am commuting to the Kennesaw/Woodstock area north of Atlanta, and i am finding the variety to be different than Dallas/Plano, even at the local Total Wine. I have found Stagg Jr. batch 9 at another nearby LS, and some other items that are different. All good. Fun too.

Pat

• I like it 1

KCSB Store Pick from LOWC.  With Nor'easter number 4 scheduled for next Tuesday...  Also picked up a Lag 16 and RR Rye.  I am SOOO tired of this Winter.

• I like it 1

Had been looking for some WTKS (yes - the irony is strong that I've not bought it before because I thought it was overpriced and I'd be paying for the bottle . . . and now I'm intentionally looking to pay for the bottle before they change it!) and finally found one!  The Bourye LS was a bonus - remember trying this last year (although may have been a different batch, so fingers crossed).

IMG_20180314_164325.thumb.jpg.37263a4c88bd09697c93b27d9d3206b2.jpg

• I like it 4

Did a little driving around today looking for some deals... WTKS, OGD114, ER10x2 and Booker’s 2016-01b967eca359fb1ab72b97e766407ec215.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 4

Went into LS to get OGD114 but saw 1 OE7 for $16.99 and ECBP A118 for $61 so I left with 1 of each of those. The OGD will have to wait. 

• I like it 2

Warms my heart to see all those WTKS bottles make their way home to y’alls bunkers. 

• I like it 2

Also picked these up this morning. SAOS 11 yr single for the bunker, WTKS that rarebird101 reviewed for a fellow Turkey fan in NY. 

2A99598B-5EB4-48B1-8ADF-1EBEF9E53432.jpeg

Edited by Mako254
  • I like it 3

7 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Mail call today:

80F8FBF2-078B-429D-A273-7A94E5F380F6.jpeg

Nice catch, watched the video of the pick on Breaking Bourbon, i love those guys, i'm watching/listening to all their podcasts. Enjoy! 

Will.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

Nice catch, watched the video of the pick on Breaking Bourbon, i love those guys, i'm watching/listening to all their podcasts. Enjoy! 

Will.

What’s the podcast? I’d like to subscribe. Thanks in advance. 

55 minutes ago, Whiskey Lullaby said:

What’s the podcast? I’d like to subscribe. Thanks in advance. 

Bourbon Pursuit

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Also picked these up this morning. SAOS 11 yr single for the bunker, WTKS that rarebird101 reviewed for a fellow Turkey fan in NY. 

Dare I ask about the SAOS? Sarah? :P

Biba! Joe

18 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Dare I ask about the SAOS? Sarah? :P

Biba! Joe

James for this one. Gotta take what you can get these days. Bottle shop had 2, in a rare display of restraint, I left one behind for the next fellow. 

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

James for this one. Gotta take what you can get these days. Bottle shop had 2, in a rare display of restraint, I left one behind for the next fellow. 

It's all good M.

I finished a SAOS 7 yr (Sarah) recently. I kinda felt a little bad about relegating that empty to the recycle bin. :unsure:

FWIW, I wonder if Sarah knows that she has somewhat of a cult following here among SB members. ^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.