What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Yeah, 99% of my purchases are done online, but for the SAOS/Belle Meade, it's a whiskey buddy who's hooking me up, such a great guy! He gets it online, but don't know where. I need to slow down on buying, like a lot of people here, i've got more than i need. 

Cheers ! 

Will.

I am slowing my purchases down a bit. I bought 7 different bottles last month and my wife told me she was worried I’m getting addicted to buying new bottles of whiskey. Figure I’ll lay as low as possible in March and resurface in April with some new buys. I’ve still got a few I bought I haven’t even opened yet. 

If you find out where your friend got the Belle Meade online let me know. 

1 hour ago, MTNBourbon said:

A lot of the stuff you are buying, I cannot even get online.:)

I'm considering myself as lucky, in Europe, you can get almost everything online, prices are pretty bad though.

Will.

• I like it 1

8 minutes ago, Whiskey Lullaby said:

I am slowing my purchases down a bit. I bought 7 different bottles last month and my wife told me she was worried I’m getting addicted to buying new bottles of whiskey. Figure I’ll lay as low as possible in March and resurface in April with some new buys. I’ve still got a few I bought I haven’t even opened yet. 

If you find out where your friend got the Belle Meade online let me know. 

It's an addiction for sure, it's very hard for me to not buy some new stuff, but i have to slow down now. About the wife, mine is freaking out too, still have 6 bottles in my office waiting to go home, not the right time yet ;-)) 

About the BM, he will not give away his honey hole and that's alright, he's kind enough to hook me up every time he get some. If i find a retailer, i'll let you know. 

Cheers! 

Will.

Spent a few days in Lexington/ Louisville last week and went on a tear buying bottles either KY only, store picks and bottles I had etched for special occasions. 

0EBEAEB3-6CD1-4032-92CE-50DFB4B602AD.jpeg

• I like it 5

I have never seen the Evan Williams Master blend. What's the story on that and where did you find it? I will be traveling in Kentucky later this month. 

44 minutes ago, cdcdguy said:

I have never seen the Evan Williams Master blend. What's the story on that and where did you find it? I will be traveling in Kentucky later this month. 

I was about to ask the same thing.

58 minutes ago, cdcdguy said:

You buy it at the Evan Williams Experience in downtown Louisville only I believe. If memory serves me it is like $60? It is a blend of ages, with the oldest being 23 year I think. Don’t remember all the details perfectly but I’m sure Shelby can correct me

1 hour ago, BottledInBond said:

You buy it at the Evan Williams Experience in downtown Louisville only I believe. If memory serves me it is like $60? It is a blend of ages, with the oldest being 23 year I think. Don’t remember all the details perfectly but I’m sure Shelby can correct me

Correct it is $63 with tax and only at Louisville EW Experience

3 hours ago, $helby said:

Spent a few days in Lexington/ Louisville last week and went on a tear buying bottles either KY only, store picks and bottles I had etched for special occasions. 

0EBEAEB3-6CD1-4032-92CE-50DFB4B602AD.jpeg

Whats the deal with the Urban Stillhouse Select? I've never seen or heard about that one.

We're on our annual golf trip in Myrtle Beach and the LS around the corner from the resort has Bulleit Barrel strength for $49.99 so I bought one.  Not a bad price for barrel proof juice. I snagged a bottle of Larceny for $19.00. 

10 hours ago, Golzee said:

Whats the deal with the Urban Stillhouse Select? I've never seen or heard about that one.

It’s Non-chilled filtered 100 proof only available at the Urban Stillhouse in Louisville’s 4th Street Live location. $48 with tax plus $10 if you want a message etched on it.  

11 hours ago, $helby said:

It’s Non-chilled filtered 100 proof only available at the Urban Stillhouse in Louisville’s 4th Street Live location. $48 with tax plus $10 if you want a message etched on it.  

Has anyone done a side by side comparison of the Urban Stillhouse Select and the Distiller's Cut? The specs on those are very similar. Is it worth shelling out 2x the price for the Urban Stillhouse bottling, or is that just the price of getting a souvenir?

8 hours ago, silverc said:

Has anyone done a side by side comparison of the Urban Stillhouse Select and the Distiller's Cut? The specs on those are very similar. Is it worth shelling out 2x the price for the Urban Stillhouse bottling, or is that just the price of getting a souvenir?

Unless the age on the US bottle is well above 5-6 years I would say it's the cost of getting the unique bottling. Us bourbonites are sentimental about our trips to the motherland and we'll pay to commemorate it. 

Makers 46. Its not very sexy or unique, but I have tasted it several times, but never bought a bottle. I came across a bottle today for 32 bucks, and grabbed one on a whim. I generally like rye bourbon, but each time I have tasted Makers 46 in the past, I really liked it. I enjoyed a pour last night after dinner and it was very smooth and easy. I think I can add this to my go-to pours.

Ray

• I like it 1

37 minutes ago, graftonbc1 said:

Makers 46. Its not very sexy or unique, but I have tasted it several times, but never bought a bottle. I came across a bottle today for 32 bucks, and grabbed one on a whim. I generally like rye bourbon, but each time I have tasted Makers 46 in the past, I really liked it. I enjoyed a pour last night after dinner and it was very smooth and easy. I think I can add this to my go-to pours.

Ray

I bought my 1st bottle of Makers 46 last week. I enjoyed it too, but I actually do think it's unique. I get a darker, more char flavor from it than most. I think it will scratch an occasional itch for me.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

I bought my 1st bottle of Makers 46 last week. I enjoyed it too, but I actually do think it's unique. I get a darker, more char flavor from it than most. I think it will scratch an occasional itch for me.

Maybe "unique" wasn't the best word to use. I was trying to convey that it is a common and readily available bourbon that I just got around to buying. I agree with you that it does have its own flavor profile, and that it is certainly different from the higher rye, barrel proof expressions I am usually canoodling with.

16 hours ago, Achair34 said:

2419182E-7F79-4499-B7C4-EF1FCFBF440D.thumb.png.16bc386247894ec0c7ddafe5ac0dc5a1.png

What state did you buy this in and how much was it? We don't get any of this around here.

If they just arrived today from Texas, does that count as a "purchase today"???   B)

TX Wineskins.jpg

ECBP C917, Spec's MMPS, 10yr Belle Meade Cask Strength SiB.  Couldn't fit them in my checked suiitcase with the two (2) 11yr Belle Meade Cask Strength SiBs and the Yamazaki 18 (tee hee)!  First world problems, eh?  :blink:

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, cdcdguy said:

What state did you buy this in and how much was it? We don't get any of this around here.

This was purchased in Illinois. 1.75L for $32. Oddly enough the store had 750ml bottles for the exact same price. Seemed like a no brainer to go for the big one. 

ECBP C917 just arrived in Kansas City today.  Grabbed one.

Also got to participate in a barrel selection for KC SiB while I was there.  Not as sexy as going to the distillery, but the 3 samples were offered in cool wood case, with water from the distillery for dilution.  The barrel that was chosen (my favorite by far) was just shy of 14 years.  It came from the barrel at 121.9 proof, so not much dilution needed.  Due at the store in June...   

I'd insert a few pics but it's a PITA to downsize to 4 mb.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, gurgalunas said:

I'd insert a few pics but it's a PITA to downsize to 4 mb.

I use a free app on Android called Photo and Picture Resizer. It will resize your pic with just a couple clicks.  There are built in reductions (25%, 40%, etc.).  You can also choose to have the reduced pic replace the original so  you aren't filling up your memory with lots of duplicates.  Easy peasy.

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.