elmossle

What bottle did you open today? Winter 2017/2018

kevinbrink
3 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Opened up a 1792 Sweet Wheat today. This and the Full Propf or the only two that I really like to drink of the 1792 line.

Happy Mardi Gras. 

486BA956-4800-458F-941F-8CC2B48B967C.thumb.jpeg.635a5718a946caa92aa956014bb37de5.jpeg

Interesting, I think I find the High Rye to be right there with Full Proof as the best of the lot but that tends to follow suit with my general tastes

Tony Santana

Bookers.  Bluegill Creek Batch.

Vosgar

Had an odd urge for some VOB BIB, which hasn't happened for a long, long time. Went to the stash and found I had a couple of older bottles to chose from.

VOB.jpg

The bottle on the left was bought in 2010, bottle on the right in 2013. In just an 8yr time frame, this bourbon's been through a number of changes. I'd forgotten how much Barton dressed up the older bottle, pretty nice for $12! Anyways...... I went the newer one and it didn't disappoint. Outstanding flavors, very nice legs and more viscous than I'd remembered. If they still made it this way, it'd certainly give HH6BIB a run for its money as the "best bang for the buck".

Edited by Vosgar

brock957

Local whiskey group did a tasting. Everone brought a bottle and we had a great time.

I brought the fiddler bourbon. Tasted so good, it's what I'm having tonight.

If I had known how good it was I wouldn't have been able to wait till the event to open it.

20180217_202031.jpg

20180217_170058.jpg

Theiano
3 hours ago, brock957 said:

I brought the fiddler bourbon. Tasted so good, it's what I'm having tonight.

If I had known how good it was I wouldn't have been able to wait till the event to open it.

Any chance you could give more of a lowdown on the bourbon. I couldn't really navigate through all of the marketing speak and backstory on the website. Is it sourced etc., presumably not give the high wheat mashbill, how long is it aged? 

Wedelstaedt

Opened up a WTRB-03 tonight.  Gonna do a SBS with the 116.8 versions

Cheers

Surtur
28 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Opened up a WTRB-03 tonight.  Gonna do a SBS with the 116.8 versions

Cheers

I opened up a 112 proof tonight that I bought last year and it is the best Rare Breed I’ve ever had, and possibly one of the best bottles of Turkey I’ve ever had.

Wedelstaedt
28 minutes ago, Surtur said:

I opened up a 112 proof tonight that I bought last year and it is the best Rare Breed I’ve ever had, and possibly one of the best bottles of Turkey I’ve ever had.

That is great.  The 112 I had was good, but the RB-03 and 116.8 (new bottle) have been better for me.  Maybe I should open up a 112, I think I have one in the 'ole bunker.  I have been impressed with the latest WTRB batch.

Cheers

brock957
8 hours ago, Theiano said:

Any chance you could give more of a lowdown on the bourbon. I couldn't really navigate through all of the marketing speak and backstory on the website. Is it sourced etc., presumably not give the high wheat mashbill, how long is it aged? 

High wheat and high malt.

I think part of it's sourced, and part they make themselves. No idea of age.

They had an event yesterday where they unveiled a single barrel cask strength version. 

But I couldn't be at 2 places at the same time.

It's very mild, not much burn. Has some good flavors but mild. Would be a good bourbon to someone who wants to try bourbon for the first time.

But also good for nights when you just want something mellow.

I will be getting some more of this.

Edited by brock957

Theiano
4 hours ago, brock957 said:

High wheat and high malt.

I think part of it's sourced, and part they make themselves. No idea of age.

They had an event yesterday where they unveiled a single barrel cask strength version. 

But I couldn't be at 2 places at the same time.

It's very mild, not much burn. Has some good flavors but mild. Would be a good bourbon to someone who wants to try bourbon for the first time.

But also good for nights when you just want something mellow.

I will be getting some more of this.

Cool thanks for the info. It's an intriguing approach with the higher wheat profile.

On 2/17/2018 at 6:03 PM, Vosgar said:

Had an odd urge for some VOB BIB, which hasn't happened for a long, long time. Went to the stash and found I had a couple of older bottles to chose from.

VOB.jpg

"The bottle on the left was..."

Sorry.....what were you saying?......I wasn't paying att.......wait, umm....what........hello beautiful! :wub:   I like your friend too...:wub:

Edited by 0895

Recently found 2 bottles of this from 2014.

Been awhile since I've had SFTB, and the wax ring cracked off when I picked up the bottle, so what the heck.

I'll admit that generally SFTB is not my cup of tea, but this one is pretty darn good.

IMAG3038.jpg

Clueby
32 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Recently found 2 bottles of this from 2014.

Been awhile since I've had SFTB, and the wax ring cracked off when I picked up the bottle, so what the heck.

I'll admit that generally SFTB is not my cup of tea, but this one is pretty darn good.

"Found"? Lol

On 2/20/2018 at 8:39 PM, Clueby said:

"Found"? Lol

That's my story

and I'm stick'n to it!

:)