Empty bottle support group - 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

28 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

I really dig this bourbon, especially when it can be found at retail, but I don’t regret the $50 I have in my open bottle. 

I 100% agree. Mash bill #1 is in my wheelhouse at 100 proof. 

1 hour ago, BMartin42 said:

IMG_4262.JPG

Said goodbye to my baby last night.

I saw a baby Baby Saz the other night!

20181102_210539.jpg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, newmennium said:
17 hours ago, Clueby said:

Said goodbye to my first 4RSmBLE tonight.

Thoughts? I just bought this bottle...

It's the 2017. I really liked it. All E recipe. It had a lot of fruit and warmth to it without a lot of the spice. There was spice there but it was more of a warming spice than a peppery spice. Probably a bit softer and gentler than most of their LE releases.

Finished two bottles last night. 

One was a newer bottle, RRSIB PS, which I have gushed over on these pages.  

The other bottle was a bottle that has been hanging around for a while. EWBIB. It is a good standard, not exciting, but never fails. IMHO, a good bottle to have in the cabinet, when your palate is not at the top of it's game. 

Cheers

I had this bottle open for quite a while, and pours were shared with various friends, family and SB members. Still, it's sad to see this one go. :(

Joe

ps. Only one more left in the bunker. (Sigh) :mellow:

of.jpeg

• I like it 5

I'm sorry to see this one go.  Fortunately, I bought two online from Master of Malt last December, so I have a replacement.  But, unfortunately, MOM doesn't deliver to the U.S. anymore, so I may have to make this one last a while...

Blanton's Gold 2.jpg

• I like it 2

On 11/5/2018 at 3:55 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I had this bottle open for quite a while, and pours were shared with various friends, family and SB members. Still, it's sad to see this one go. :(

Joe

of.jpeg

If you have withdrawals and don’t want to open your last bottle let me know and I’ll send you some. Unlike you this is my last bottle, and I’ll miss it. I’m having a small sip tonight. 

BE2BA633-A3D8-4139-AAB0-3EDCD48AAB7D.thumb.jpeg.602dc3e7be7f92c3b72eeb31bf209b8c.jpeg

On 11/5/2018 at 4:55 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Joe

of.jpeg

The minion to the right of the bottle seems amused...what a sicko.

On 11/6/2018 at 11:23 PM, Swamp55 said:

I'm sorry to see this one go.  Fortunately, I bought two online from Master of Malt last December, so I have a replacement.  But, unfortunately, MOM doesn't deliver to the U.S. anymore, so I may have to make this one last a while...

Blanton's Gold 2.jpg

Try https://www.finedrams.com

Edit: out of stock at the moment, but they ship when they do. 

Edited by beasled
  • I like it 1

Another fine wheater expires.  I just do manage to find a replacement bottle each time I empty one of these.  I wish they were easier to find, though, as I always want one on hand.

Rebel Yell.jpg

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

The minion to the right of the bottle seems amused...what a sicko.

I don't know......I think the minion is trying to decide if he can dive into the bottle to slurp up the dregs. 

Store pick of EC. It is a 12yr selection and this is the second bottle to hit the bin in short order. The great news is I stocked up on it once I tasted it for the first time and have plenty in the bunker to try at a later date.

• I like it 1

After a string of enjoyably solid and well priced releases from Beam over the last couple of years, this one really brought nothing for me.  Not sad to see it go, not disappointed my $23 could have gone for something else, nor am I off the Beam train because this one failed me.  Rather, I’m excited to go reload on BIB, Double Oak, and Distiller’s Cut....And a glorious Baker’s for good measure!   :D

4100EDA2-F179-4546-85A2-C4C169CF2401.jpeg

49 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

After a string of enjoyably solid and well priced releases from Beam over the last couple of years, this one really brought nothing for me.  Not sad to see it go, not disappointed my $23 could have gone for something else, nor am I off the Beam train because this one failed me.  Rather, I’m excited to go reload on BIB, Double Oak, and Distiller’s Cut....And a glorious Baker’s for good measure!   :D

4100EDA2-F179-4546-85A2-C4C169CF2401.jpeg

I finished mine a couple nights ago and was glad to see it hit the bottom of the recycle bin. 

Sent an empty of Maker's 46 to the recycle bin last night. Not to worry, calling up a replacement from my local ABC very soon.

Pretty solid but a little pricey at $90 (I think, maybe $80)

Lately been enjoying my bourbons over a large cube. Thinking I’m gonna have to work on clear cubes. The spheres are nice, but too much work. 

6B0FCDD1-864A-4129-BE7D-988CDABE40AA.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Pretty solid but a little pricey at $90 (I think, maybe $80)

Lately been enjoying my bourbons over a large cube. Thinking I’m gonna have to work on clear cubes. The spheres are nice, but too much work. 

6B0FCDD1-864A-4129-BE7D-988CDABE40AA.jpeg

I had to pass on this yesterday. Just couldn’t drop $90 on a bottle. It was probably the only time I’ll ever see it too. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.