Empty bottle support group - 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This was a good one. Luckily for me I have another bottle waiting in the bunker that has been eagerly anticipating its promotion to the drinking cabinet.

20180914_195233.jpg

12 years old, 51.6% ABV.  Man, Greg Metze doesn’t get his due. 

I prefer MGP over many of the KY big boys. 

5533B5BA-E3B8-48C3-9F09-ADF1E1DAE6A4.jpeg

• I like it 2

I brought this bottle to the gazebo last week, but it came home with enough left for one last 3 finger pour.

ORVW1.jpg

• I like it 3

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:04 AM, Postal Grunt said:

I said goodbye to an ETL this afternoon. Hoping for the next allocation.

Scored one 2day for $35; so be on the lookout for replenishment...

• I like it 1

Killed my last bottle of this.  It was delicious until it seems to lose some steam after being opened for a few months with just a few drams left in it. 

I wish I had more in the bunker.

IMG_0334.jpg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

Killed my last bottle of this.  It was delicious until it seems to lose some steam after being opened for a few months with just a few drams left in it. 

IMG_0334.jpg

I have noticed that too with mgp bourbon, and specifically the one you mentioned. 

I usually gas any open mgp’s that will be sitting awhile. 

Anyway, sorry for your loss. 

That low rye mgp mash in those “TEN” bottles is some of my favorite. 

On 9/12/2018 at 11:11 PM, Swamp55 said:

Always so satisfying...

Baker's 2.jpg

I like that glass. Any idea what its called. It looks like a cross between an old fashion glass and glencairn.

3 hours ago, kemosabe said:

IMG_0334.jpg

Snatch ‘em up whenever I see one. 

On 9/18/2018 at 9:00 PM, Mako254 said:

12 years old, 51.6% ABV.  Man, Greg Metze doesn’t get his due. 

I prefer MGP over many of the KY big boys. 

That's because the KY big boys don't offer well-aged 12 year old bourbons anymore.  Unless it's a special limited edition and they charge an arm and a leg for it.

• I like it 2

10 minutes ago, Kepler said:

That's because the KY big boys don't offer well-aged 12 year old bourbons anymore.  Unless it's a special limited edition and they charge an arm and a leg for it.

That is an excellent point. In my market, sub 9 year Four Roses Private Selects are showing up. Any SAOS I come across gets scooped up. 

3 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

I like that glass. Any idea what its called. It looks like a cross between an old fashion glass and glencairn.

I got those glasses on Amazon.  The item name is "Taylor'd Milestones Reserve Whiskey Glass".  I like the fact that they function similarly to a Glencairn for tasting and sipping neat, but are wide enough to accommodate a large-size ice cube when that is desired.

10 hours ago, Kepler said:

The only exceptions I can think of are ECPB and some KC SiB store picks but you have to wonder how long that will continue. 

The only exceptions I can think of are ECPB and some KC SiB store picks but you have to wonder how long that will continue. 

W12 is another example, although it’s harder to find these days.

5 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I have not seen W12 in the wild for over 10 years here in the Bay Area so that's why I didn't mention it.  I consider it a unicorn, unfortunately. 

13 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

"harder" aka "impossible" for most. I kid you not that it's easier for me to get BTAC than Weller 12. No exaggeration. 

23 hours ago, Kepler said:

I finished this one a couple days ago but just posting it now.  These rare breeds go down fast around my house.

20180919_235241 (1).jpeg

Rare Breed doesn't stand a chance in my house. It's a requirement of the Lawrenceburg Cult.

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, flahute said:

Rare Breed doesn't stand a chance in my house. It's a requirement of the Lawrenceburg Cult.

Haha.  Maybe that's why they call it "rare"?   The good folks in Lawrenceburg knew what they were doing when they came up with this one.

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, flahute said:

"harder" aka "impossible" for most. I kid you not that it's easier for me to get BTAC than Weller 12. No exaggeration. 

I have accumulated over a case of Weller 12.  We need to do some trading.  ;- )

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.