What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Spring 2018)

DCFan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

Hmmm...that might be an interesting topic to start. I think I'm with you, but don't make me choose between WT and HH????

Same, Beam would be tough for me as well. 

I grabbed this one today. For some unknown reason I haven't had any 4RSiB since November. I've been on a high eye kick lately, and I figured this would help scratch the itch. Well, I was correct. This is fantastic. I'll pick up a bottle of standard 4RSiB soon to compare to this. 

20180620_185236.jpg

• I like it 1

Watering the plants with a Baker’s over a couple of cubes.  Even as the ice gives way to the heat of this Georgia late afternoon, this whiskey stands up and continues to deliver flavor.  The distinguished Beam profile goes well with the smell of the moist dirt, too.  

• I like it 1

44 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Watering the plants with a Baker’s over a couple of cubes.  Even as the ice gives way to the heat of this Georgia late afternoon, this whiskey stands up and continues to deliver flavor.  The distinguished Beam profile goes well with the smell of the moist dirt, too.  

You water your plants with Baker's?!????

• I like it 1

Joe’s a baller like that. Tough plants too.

22 hours ago, Clueby said:

Some OFBIB in my spiffy OF Prime glass.

20180619_215003-1209x1612.jpg

I still think that is one cool a$$ glass!

29 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Heehee!  I don’t like them flowers that Much!!  :D

8 minutes ago, BigRich said:

Joe’s a baller like that. Tough plants too.

K.  U.  D.  Z.  U.  

• I like it 1

2nd pour of the evening. It's a single barrel kinda night. I've heard how these can swing from fantastic to meh, but my experience has only been the former. Cheers to the end of spring (though summer heat has been in full effect for 6+ weeks). 

20180620_203845.jpg

Enjoying some ER 10y tonight. The barrel of ER that's in the liquor stores around Lake Charles right now is very good. Not a store pick, just off the shelf ER. I might have to pick up a few extra... 

• I like it 1

FR OBSV PS in the glass tonight. Flying to Vancouver tomorrow for an Alaskan cruise, and from what I've read online the ships bourbon selection leaves a LOT to be desired. Figured I should make today's pour a good one and this bottle (from my favorite named liquor store, Family Liquor) is very, very good.

If the bourbon onboard is as bleak as it appears to be, I might be forced into going to the Darkside for the entire trip........

24 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

FR OBSV PS in the glass tonight. Flying to Vancouver tomorrow for an Alaskan cruise, and from what I've read online the ships bourbon selection leaves a LOT to be desired. Figured I should make today's pour a good one and this bottle (from my favorite named liquor store, Family Liquor) is very, very good.

If the bourbon onboard is as bleak as it appears to be, I might be forced into going to the Darkside for the entire trip........

Noooooooo, bring your own.

There's always duty free. You can almost certainly get WT101 and Woodford. 

25 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

You should be able to take 1 unopened bottle on board with you if I remember correctly. Or maybe that was a bottle of wine and you had to smuggle the liquor on board??!!

Tonight was a big pour of WTRB to start things off. I am running low on Rare Breed in general and need to get some more while the state has it on sale. After that, I figure a small pour of HH6yrBIB was in order since it had been a while since I paid that bottle a visit. Tomorrow night I get to raid the bunker with the MIL visiting for a few days. The great news is she is transporting a ton of bottles back from KY for me!! Most of which the wife doesn't know about which makes that much better!!

9 hours ago, elmossle said:

Tonight was a big pour of WTRB to start things off. I am running low on Rare Breed in general and need to get some more while the state has it on sale. After that, I figure a small pour of HH6yrBIB was in order since it had been a while since I paid that bottle a visit. Tomorrow night I get to raid the bunker with the MIL visiting for a few days. The great news is she is transporting a ton of bottles back from KY for me!! Most of which the wife doesn't know about which makes that much better!!

I'm sure your wife is lovely, but just based on what the MIL is doing for you I'll say you married well.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, elmossle said:

You should be able to take 1 unopened bottle on board with you if I remember correctly. Or maybe that was a bottle of wine and you had to smuggle the liquor on board??!!

They'll let you bring 2 bottles of wine, but no beer or booze. Discrimination!!!!

10 hours ago, flahute said:

Noooooooo, bring your own.

There's always duty free. You can almost certainly get WT101 and Woodford. 

They scan all luggage and will confiscate any liquor :(

I'm hoping WT101 is onboard and not the 81. Woodford.........not something I normally enjoy.

Like many of us that have been into great bourbons for some time, I 've scaled down my standards . Still got plenty of Pappy's , Staggs, , Parker Heritages, WLW's, WT Tributes, ER 17's, ETL's, Four Rose's Limited, etc, but my throat closes up when I drink them knowing what I can sell them for.  Buffalo Trace, Evan Wms Single Barrel , Henry McKenna , Four Roses Small Batch are my go too's now.

1 hour ago, troyce said:

Like many of us that have been into great bourbons for some time, I 've scaled down my standards . Still got plenty of Pappy's , Staggs, , Parker Heritages, WLW's, WT Tributes, ER 17's, ETL's, Four Rose's Limited, etc, but my throat closes up when I drink them knowing what I can sell them for.  Buffalo Trace, Evan Wms Single Barrel , Henry McKenna , Four Roses Small Batch are my go too's now.

You wont find many here with the same opinion. While most will agree that you list of go tos are fine bourbons, the general consensus with respect to the LEs you named is drink em if ya got em.

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 5

1 hour ago, troyce said:

May be , but I'm  old and cheap.

" There comes a day when a guy realizes there are far less days ahead of him than there are behind.  That effectively turns one from "Collector" to "Consumer" ;)

Cranecreek - 3 / 2018

• I like it 6

Sometimes when I have guests over who don't know much about whiskey, I pick a random sealed LE, announce its auction or secondary price, and then immediately crack it open. This is my party trick. Try it, reactions are priceless.

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

You wont find many here with the same opinion. While most will agree that you list of go tos are fine bourbons, the general consensus with respect to the LEs you named is drink em if ya got em.

I’d say he’s drank or put on a Gazebo table somewhere, 5 each of every one of those.      

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.