What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Spring 2018)

DCFan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Jim Beam Bonded, and WT101. I knew I was going to be good with WT, it was the Beam I was trying. My god does it taste spicy to me. 

7 hours ago, troyce said:

Like many of us that have been into great bourbons for some time, I 've scaled down my standards . Still got plenty of Pappy's , Staggs, , Parker Heritages, WLW's, WT Tributes, ER 17's, ETL's, Four Rose's Limited, etc, but my throat closes up when I drink them knowing what I can sell them for.  Buffalo Trace, Evan Wms Single Barrel , Henry McKenna , Four Roses Small Batch are my go too's now.

We have a troyce sighting! 

Everyone stop, pause, and appreciate the sighting of this rare beast.

And.......yes, I know exactly what you mean. 

• I like it 1

Went to a local BBQ place I sometimes frequent that has Stagg for $25 a pour - a price I'm willing to pay. It was tasting fantastic this evening - more caramel and less dry than is typical. Very sweet and rich.

Since the train was already rolling, I poured some WLW when I got home. 

Pretty darn good Tuesday.

• I like it 4

21 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I’d say he’s drank or put on a Gazebo table somewhere, 5 each of every one of those.      

Well, Ive drunk well over 5 of each of those, most provided by you,  and other GBS members.   As far as Gazebo offerings ,  I only bring out Jim Beam White,  Old Crow, J W  Dant   and such .   

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 5:57 AM, dcbt said:

A coworker of mine just got back from a week-long hike in Peru that ended in Machu Picchu - same trip?

Anything good at duty free in Lima? Any good finds in Cusco?

20 minutes ago, Achair34 said:

Anything good at duty free in Lima? Any good finds in Cusco?

There is nothing worthwhile in Lima or Cuzco. If you're flying through Miami they have some decent stuff in duty free. 

On 6/20/2018 at 11:06 PM, Vosgar said:

FR OBSV PS in the glass tonight. Flying to Vancouver tomorrow for an Alaskan cruise, and from what I've read online the ships bourbon selection leaves a LOT to be desired. Figured I should make today's pour a good one and this bottle (from my favorite named liquor store, Family Liquor) is very, very good.

If the bourbon onboard is as bleak as it appears to be, I might be forced into going to the Darkside for the entire trip........

I have actually found the cruise ships not that bad in duty free bourbon . RCC usually has EH Taylor and Blantons at least . 

I have actually found the cruise ships not that bad in duty free bourbon . RCC usually has EH Taylor and Blantons at least . 

Celebrity’s best these days is woodford. No Blanton any more

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.