What Dram are you enjoying? Spring 2018

Kpiz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finishing the last pour of the Edradour 15. Will miss this bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, this is quite good picture was taken after adding a splash of water though this is definitely spirit driven

y4mBJcp-5p31Cj23Etts9waYElVx-rdC7GPgaW4Y

Picked up an old bottling of the Famous Grouse 12 yr in the green bottle.
Anyone here like it? I think it’s s great dram and to bad it was discontinued.
Paid 29.99 for too. Wish they had more.

Sipping from a JW Red Label from sometime around 70-80s, found in my late grandfather's attic (jk it was in his liquor cabinet among other unremarkable stuff, mostly undrinkable liqueurs.)

It wasn't anything special back then either. A heavy one-note sweet malt and garlic(?) note here.

Edited by Kane

1 hour ago, Kane said:

Sipping from a JW Red Label from sometime around 70-80s, found in my late grandfather's attic (jk it was in his liquor cabinet among other unremarkable stuff, mostly undrinkable liqueurs.)

It wasn't anything special back then either. A heavy one-note sweet malt and garlic(?) note here.

The memories are more important than the whisky. 

Your note here hit me a little personally as when my dad passed away my mom gave me a little case of Johnny Walker Black minis.  There was one missing, but 11 of the 12 originals are still in it today.  One day I'll sit down and rink these, but hopefully it will be with my kids when they're of age.

• I like it 1

This bottle had two strikes against it since picking it up last year (I couldn't pass it up due to the color and 67.4% ABV)-- but last night it was a home run. Lots in common with the unusual Cadenhead Highland Park 28 (without the wood).

IMG_9093.thumb.jpg.fb898ae7afb106aae72cd3f867fa69f6.jpg

anCnoc 16. One of the best bourbon cask malts I've had. Glad I bunkered a few before it was discontinued! 

• I like it 1

Cheers to my kind client who sent me this bottle. The raw and non-engineered nature gives me a great new perspective on this distillery.

One of the oddest noses I've ever experienced, but in a great way.

IMG_9091.thumb.jpg.f9f5f75b44ac501583dd41738c6cb048.jpg

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I kinda sorta went Macallan myself tonigh

y4mXm56gXdGhFhgipOB49x_qqcJINVeefcPwFo0k

Is that a Rémy Cointreau era bottling? Been a while since I've seen a TFG12 in the wild.

• I like it 1

I often see Auchroisk billed as an "aperitif malt"-- but straight from the cask at 126.8 proof that's not the handle I'd use.

IMG_9100.thumb.jpg.3618bf62e7c73e907d141f15a9c4f315.jpg

Edited by Marekv8

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Is that a Rémy Cointreau era bottling? Been a while since I've seen a TFG12 in the wild.

Yep, I had not seen a 12 year in some time but some of the less frequented stores I visit still have the 18 on the shelf probably because of the combination of the brand name and the price point.

• I like it 1

Yep, I had not seen a 12 year in some time but some of the less frequented stores I visit still have the 18 on the shelf probably because of the combination of the brand name and the price point.

Wish I had some 18 year on the shelf near me .

17 minutes ago, BigPapa said:

Wish I had some 18 year on the shelf near me .

If it's any help I'm pretty sure all of the bottles I know of are $80ish give or take.

If it's any help I'm pretty sure all of the bottles I know of are $80ish give or take.

Ouch!!! Yes that helps

Well flipped on the new Ralfy and he was pouring a Ledaig, and I remembered I had yet to crack this one, this is a damn fun pour.

y4mvoaR70dOk3jS244GTms2lbeWulb1fSwLN4yXd

Giving another chance to Compass Box Spice Tree. This is still not working for me. Too sweet, malt, not much else.

A nice dram of Arran 10 year. I don’t know that I’ve actually had the standard 10 and I found it in the back of the Whiskey closet when I was cleaning out the bunker pulling some things together for GaryT and found an Arran 10 mini hidden away. It’s like a creamier version of Talisker 10.

Following up with a Bruichladdich Links. I loved the phoenix story of the Laddie but their malts never really had me firing on all cylinders.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.